• Proradvlx

Has Disney dropped the Free Dining packages?

I used to see the packages where Disney would include the Dining Package...... but noticed recently I have not seen that promotion on the Disney page, or other Disney-esk webpages. I remember the last promotion of that went through September of this year.
    So is Disney trying to get away from the free Dining Package?

Re: Has Disney dropped the Free Dining packages?

They are still advertising it in the UK (they never seem to remove that promotion to be honest). Maybe it's different in the States?

• Metro-Retro Historian

It comes and goes. They seem to have a couple different packages in rotation.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Free dining comes and goes.

Honestly, I think it ruins the dining experience in the parks by making it necessary to plan your dinners months in advance to secure the best times and locations. However, if you are looking for a dining package, please visit this page for updates on the current WDW travel promotions (no free dining at the moment):
    Disney World Special Offers from Fairy Godmother Travel
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I expect it to come in a new deal for people staying October 2nd through December. I'm going late October and I'm waiting to see what the next big deal is for that time frame.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I'm pretty sure they have it available. We're going in September and have free dining. Of course we're staying at a value resort so we had to pay the difference to upgrade to table service but it's only 2300 for 8 days for 4 people.

I just got an email today from Disney Destinations, with a special PIN number for me for free dining this summer!!

I have never seen free dining offerred in the summer before. I do not see it on the official Disney web site, but it does give me a number to call, and to use my PIN.

I am holding out until this fall though.......

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Free dining comes and goes.

Honestly, I think it ruins the dining experience in the parks by making it necessary to plan your dinners months in advance to secure the best times and locations. However, if you are looking for a dining package, please visit this page for updates on the current WDW travel promotions (no free dining at the moment):
    Disney World Special Offers from Fairy Godmother Travel

I second your statements about planning your meals. I haven't tried one and I don't think I ever will. One thing I noticed with my last trip is if you go to cosmic rays you can only use a snack or a drink. now why can't you get a burger, i just don't get it. Also if you want to use it at a EPCOT dining location like France etc you have only certain things you can pick. The group behind us was really bent because they couldn't get what they wanted. I could see it helping out a family I guess but for me and just my GF it makes no sense to get a dining plan. I like having my options.

• Adventures with Duffy

We did FD last year and the deal come out in April I think.

We did a value resort with quick service and liked it a lot. Still made a few reservations at table service. we used all our meals up by the time we left and enjoyed it.