•   
    • Minion

WDW trip report Harry potter & Kennedy Space center

Hello,

I am going to post a trip report for my whole trip. It was from Thursday Feb 3rd through Sat Feb 12th. The only way I can make sense of all my photos is to do a day by day of events and list the pictures there.

A little bit of background story about me. I have been going to Disneyland since the early 80s and i love it obviously I have been to WDW twice now. I enjoy them both for different reasons. I love to take pictures on my travels but because I was on vacation I don't stop to really take them so some of the pictures here aren't my best work but I still want to share them. I had two cameras with me. a canon point and shoot s95. Also my Nikon D90 with 4 lenses ( Fish Eye, telephoto, Stock and 50 mm) I tend to take pictures of the same things if I really like the subject. You will notice that I love Expedition Everest and have a lot of photos of it. I think the theming in AK is so awesome. Anyways enough of that onto the show. I hope you all enjoy. I will post what I can today and add to it as I feel like it. i think I have about 1000 photos. I am sure i won't post them all!!!

Day 1 and Day 2

We arrived at about 630 pm to the resort and decided to go to Downtown Disney for some shopping and eating. We wandered through the shops and bought a couple pins and decided to eat at the T-Rex cafe. This was the first time we have eaten there. I got the ribs and chicken and it was pretty good. The atmosphere of the place is nice. the food is a bit expensive but they do give premium APs a discount at least. I didn't take my camera out though so there are no pictures for this night.

The next morning we decided to go to AK when it opened and it was a bit foggy but it was nice since it was dead there. We rode EE 5 times we hit up Dinosaur and KS a couple times as well before making our way over to DHS

Foggy day from the parking lot at AK

5 min wait time yES!! was this way for a while

I called a hidden mickey here

And now onto DHS to ride ToT and aerosmith wander through the shops and go on the back lot tour

I wish the villain shop had more villain items!!!

A little repainting going on the HtH

Got a picture with Mike W and Sully before we left also went over and got a picture with lotso hugs

And then we decided to run over to MK for a couple hours before it closed.

That was it for day 2 We ate at place in DHS that place was pretty decent I got a Pizza but it was good and my GF got eggplant parm which she loved.

day 3 was mostly devoted to a Pin Event at EPCOT named Love is magical. Pictures are below it was held at the wonders of life pavilion from 10-6. For dinner we ate at one of the restaurants in france which was really good. I got the short ribs and lobster bisque.

That's all I have for Day 3 lots of pin trading and good food. I didn't take a lot of pictures as i was just enjoying the world showcase.

I will post day 4 later sometime

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

re: WDW trip report Harry potter & Kennedy Space center

keep em coming
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

This looks real.

•   
    • Minion

Day 4 was spent at AK again and MK we also decided to go over to the AK lodge since we had never seen it. I took a lot of pictures of EE especially the queue this trip i really enjoy the ride as a whole from beginning to end.

Was pretty empty Superbowl Sunday

Watch the bird show

got a photo with king Louie and balloo

Not sure what was up with the lighting but whatever

And now we went on to the lodge

Then we decided to go back to MK since it was the magic hours night. And with the Superbowl on it wasn't bad at all line wise. We got on pretty much everything. Even the laugh floor 3 times. I know a lot of people on these boards don't like the laugh floor but we love it.

Hidden Mickey on the dock I haven't noticed before.

How I miss you at DL

Space mountain was broken one of the times we were on the peoplemover

Day 5 was spent over at universal Studious. this is the first time I had gone there. Mainly it was for Harry Potter which was amazing. My take on both parks is that universal studious needs a little help. It just felt like it was missing something. I did enjoy E.T. but that is probably because i miss it here in CA. The roller coaster in the front of the park was sweet though.

IOA especially the Harry Potter section was great. the Hulk was a great coaster big thumbs up to that ride. Spider man was different and fun as well. We ate at Mythos which was very good as well across from Poseidon's fury. You will see below and on the following day I gave Potter a lot of love. What a great section of the park. A total immersive experience. At night we ate at the italian place in city walk and then went over to cath the Blue Man Group. I have seen them about 15 times in Vegas so i already knew I would love the show and I did. it is longer than the vegas one with a couple more scenes.

On to the pictures. I only brought my point and shoot for the first day so i could enjoy it without the work load of my other camera.

At last butterbeer. What a great drink i prefer the non frozen one but they are wonderful!!!!

Showing Dr Dom what's up

I didn't even bother to take pictures at universal we just went on a ride blitz.

•   
    • Minion

Day 6 was spent with my good camera at IOA in the WWoHP we spent 4 hours in the area and then went back to MK

More Harry Potter and I decided I needed to Deck out like my GF we both got robes!!!! and of course the wands from the day before!! Also we decided to eat at the Whopper bar since i have never seen one lol. Dinner was at the longhorn steakhouse after MK closed.

And then we drove back to MK Where we caught a parade on the way to hit some of our favorite attractions.

that's it for this day.

•   
    • Minion

Day 7 We snuck over to AK before we had to get to DHS for lunch with an Imagineer!! You can read about that on my other thread here

Anyone done the dine with a imagineer?

We then also decided to go back to AK for extended hours which i was looking forward to as I haven't been in Ak at night. i am sure you are sick of EE pictures but there are more to come in this thread

orion is up there somewhere if only the ride could have stopped for me what a shot that would have been

that's about it for this day. As you can see I love EE and pretty much the way AK is themed all the way around. I only wish it had more attractions. I am sure that will change someday.

•   
    • Minion

Day 8 Kennedy Space Center and MK

took the road trip to KSC. It was sweet the shuttle is on the launchpad so we got to see it. after KSC we drove back to MK to watch the MSEP!!!! Sadly I didn't take many photos as I took photos of it when it was out here last spring.

There was a bald eagles nest and you could see a bald eagle in one of these shots as well

And then we drove to MK for a night cap. We hit everything in TL and then the MSEP

We also decided to hit the resorts around the seven seas lagoon

That was it for this day. The next day was our final day to go to the parks and I will post it shortly

•   
    • Minion

Ok the last day to hit the parks we decided to hit them all!!!!

We started at IOA for WWoHP for Butterbeer and the ride and some more shopping. Then we went to Ak to hit EE and KS. Then to DHS for ToT and shopping!!! ad a couple pictures around the star wars area. Then we hit MK for a last time on MILF, PM, SM, HM, Pirates and BTMRR. After that we took advantage of the magic hours for EPCOT so we could get one more test track and mission space as well as a few others. I had my point and shoot with me but took few pictures so here they are.

I didn't bother to take my camera to IOA we spent about 2 hours in the harry potter area before leaving for AK. I sure do miss it

D'Vine was finally out when we passed so I watched her for a while and snapped a couple of pictures

Then onto DHS

Now onto Mk

GOD BYE MK

And now to finish up at EPCOT

And So long WDW thanks for the great time. I still prefer the comforts of DL but WDW is a great vacation. I hope you all enjoyed these pictures!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

love this report! thank you so much!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    love this report! thank you so much!
    Thanks

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

FANTASTIC stuff but whew, I wish you would slow down a bit! This might be too much for people to handle in one sitting!

I'm also guessing you mean "trip" report and not "tripe" report? If you want me to fix, I can.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    FANTASTIC stuff but whew, I wish you would slow down a bit! This might be too much for people to handle in one sitting!

I'm also guessing you mean "trip" report and not "tripe" report? If you want me to fix, I can.
    That would be great thanks! I need to fix my photos as well photobucket doesn't like me right now. ")

Photos fixed!!! I know I should have posted a little slower I am sorry for those who have to wait for them all to load lol
    Last edited by biggsworth; 02-16-2011 at 08:34 AM.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Re: WDW trip report Harry potter & Kennedy Space center

Just a stunning photographic record of your trip. You really did it up right!
    I'm anxious to go start again from the beginning, and soak in the images.

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
    • Minion

Re: WDW trip report Harry potter & Kennedy Space center

Ok one last update. I took a couple pictures of items I purchased from the pin event I went to and also what I got from the lunch with the imagineer.

The glass i won from answering his question first and right. The question was who was the first imagineer?

Here is the glass plate they gave all of us for attending. they also gave us a name badge and a picture of the group. We even got to keep the menu!

Here are some pins from the Love is magical event I attended. I try to stick to subjects i like. haunted mansion and villains!!! Sometimes i sneak others in though

this pin was given to everyone as they left.

this one was called puppy love and it opened up to reveal the three pins you see. 101 Dalmatians, lady and the tramp and Pluto and fifi

This is a spinner jumbo pin. you spin it and Duffy points to a saying and you have to perform it!!!

This villain set has the iconic pieces from the villains that are represented. They open up to reveal the villain inside.