Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Re: A Symposium of Walt Disney World History, Volume 1: the Magic Kingdom Park.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Wow that brought back a ton of memories.

My dad loved the 20k ride. I remember the giant squid part scared the crap out of me a a little ankle biter. I never wanted to go on that ride because of it, so my dad would sometimes go alone while my mom waited with me.

Mr Toad! I loved that borderline insane ride. I actually scored one of those "vintage" Mr Toad shirts at the Disney outlet on International Drive last month on sale. I've worn it to Busch Gardens (of all places) twice now and have received a lot of comments on it.

OMG... Mickey Mouse Revue! First time I saw this was 1978. I was 3 and we hadn't seen Mickey in the park yet. Of course 3 year old me thought AA Mickey was the real deal and at the end of the show when AA Mickey said "Thanks for coming" and the curtain closed, the theatre was silent except for me, who belted out at the top of my lungs, "MICKEY! MICKEY! DON'T GOOOOO!!!" The WHOLE THEATRE busted out laughing and my parents wanted to DIE! Oh yeah and I remember during the Three Caballeros part, Pachito firing his pistols scared me.
    HAHA

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Well, to to tie somethings over, here are some articles that focus on the little things in Fantasyland in MK; from the blog, Parkeology (warning: some of these are humorous and strange, read at your own discretion
    .)
    :
    Mr. Toad's New Mania | Parkeology

Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Queue | Parkeology

Ask Captain Nemo | Parkeology

Catching Peter Pan's Shadow | Parkeology

Captain Hook is a Big Fat Faker | Parkeology

Pinocchio's Daring Dinner Bell | Parkeology

The Misquotable Pinocchio | Parkeology

Lion King House of Horrors | Parkeology

Making My Own Philharmagic | Parkeology

Walt's Mystic Rune | Parkeology

There, now we will move to the next land of your choice (if I am missing anything, ether PM me or put the link on this thread.) Where would you like to look back at? At what Land? Any picks?

Timekeeper
    Last edited by Timekeeper; 03-06-2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Opps! I knew I forgot something!
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ Ok those are CREEPY!

(and does this guy realize Jim Henson has been dead for the last 20 years?)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^^ Ok those are CREEPY!

(and does this guy realize Jim Henson has been dead for the last 20 years?)
    So sorry Aimster! I fixed it now with a warning sign.

Timekeeper

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Well, since no one has posted anything, heres some articles relating to I think one of Main Street USA's unique attraction in The Magic Kingdom:

Widen Your World - The Plaza Swan Boats

Plaza Swan Boats

Timekeeper

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Actually, one minor correction: in this thread, there is more to say about Walt Disney World, with the resort and the hotels and what was once there, before October 1st 1982.

Timekeeper

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

OK, I have shared some photos & videos, now I will ask you of this question: Why didn't they include a general "fantasyland village" remodel (like DLR & DLP) in their plans?

Timekeeper

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Spacoli View Post
    Makes me miss my beloved Toad even more than I already do, .
    He's alive and well here at Disneyland!

We're going to Florida to see the Carousel of Progress, the Country Bears, and the other 43 robotic presidents. I like Disney parks to have many differences. I wish each one had a different Soarin'.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 03-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12