Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Post A Symposium of Walt Disney World History, Volume 1: the Magic Kingdom Park.

This Thread discusses the History of Walt Disney World's first theme park, in detail, with photos, videos and posts.

For the beginning, we look at the attractions that used to be (or still are) at Fantasyland in these three Videos by Martin titled: Fantasyland WDW - a History;
    Part 1
    Fantasyland WDW - a History - part 1 of 3 on Vimeo
    Part 2
    Fantasyland WDW - a history - part 2 of 3 on Vimeo
    Part 3
    Fantasyland WDW - A History - part 3 of 3 on Vimeo

Post away anything you have say about WDW's history with the Magic Kingdom. (Super posts are fine too!)
    EDIT: I am not the only one has to share, you can share too! So, please, share something related to MK's History!

Timekeeper
    Last edited by Timekeeper; 03-01-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Ugh, it takes time and time and time...
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Re: A Symposium of Walt Disney World History, Volume 1: the Magic Kingdom Park.

Makes me miss my beloved Toad even more than I already do, .
    Motor Mania!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

thanks for Posting these...I watched the whole thing..pretty cool to see all the rides...wish Disney made more things like these.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Sad Re: A Symposium of Walt Disney World History, Volume 1: the Magic Kingdom Park.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    thanks for Posting these...I watched the whole thing..pretty cool to see all the rides...wish Disney made more things like these.
    Well, I wished I got a chance to see the Mickey Mouse Revue in person, but just seeing this in the video just made me well-up in tears. Here's a five blog posts (with photos) about this much beloved attraction:
    Artwork(may not have good shots):
    http://meettheworldinprogressland.bl...e-artwork.html
    Part 1
    http://meettheworldinprogressland.bl...ue-part-1.html
    Follow up to Part 1
    http://meettheworldinprogressland.bl...ue-at-wdw.html
    Part 2
    http://meettheworldinprogressland.bl...ue-part-2.html
    Part 3
    http://meettheworldinprogressland.bl...ue-part-3.html

Note: the info is a bit old.

Timekeeper
    Last edited by Timekeeper; 02-23-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

I throughly enjoyed those. Thank you. And it confirmed that I did infact suffer from False memory. I really did think the pre 2005 refurbishment IASW use to que as it now does, until I got a hostile reponse from saying so. I didn't stick to my guns on that, false memory happens to everyone. My mother once remember that IMAX screens in Horizons where part of the People Mover when it went into space mountain. I think she mixed up DL's speed tunnel..... but away So couldn't find any visual confirmation but this was it. I was wrong.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I throughly enjoyed those. Thank you. And it confirmed that I did infact suffer from False memory. I really did think the pre 2005 refurbishment IASW use to que as it now does, until I got a hostile reponse from saying so. I didn't stick to my guns on that, false memory happens to everyone. My mother once remember that IMAX screens in Horizons where part of the People Mover when it went into space mountain. I think she mixed up DL's speed tunnel..... but away So couldn't find any visual confirmation but this was it. I was wrong.
    Your Welcome, I hope to post more or would love anyone else to post more on the subject of this thread (the subject being the Magic Kingdom Park.)

Timekeeper

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Here is an article from "Widen Your World" on the Legendary 20K:

Widen Your World - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Timekeeper

I thoroughly enjoyed those films - they reminded me of attractions that I miss and they also reminded me that sometimes, it's not so bad to lose some of them. I loved the skyway cars and Mr Toad. I never liked 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and was never particularly bothered about it's demise. Over the years I thought maybe I'd been too harsh on that attraction - this film reminded me of why I didn't like it. But I love the film footage from the skycars over the park - great!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Here's two articles on Mr. Toad and the Mickey Mouse Revue from Widen Your World:
    Mr. Toad:
    Widen Your World - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    The Mickey Mouse Revue:
    Widen Your World - The Mickey Mouse Revue

Timekeeper

great to see the "Mickey Mouse Revue"! I vaguely remember seeing this as a youth when I was at the park with family. Also have photos of it in a large souvenier book from the late 70's.

It's interesting to see many obscure characters highlighted in the 'orchestra'. Very unusual but appreciated!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Quote Originally Posted by ryran75 View Post
    great to see the "Mickey Mouse Revue"! I vaguely remember seeing this as a youth when I was at the park with family. Also have photos of it in a large souvenier book from the late 70's.

It's interesting to see many obscure characters highlighted in the 'orchestra'. Very unusual but appreciated!
    I know. Your welcome!

Here's more on Mickey Mouse Revue and the other Fantasyland attractions that are gone from Walt Dated World:

Mickey Mouse Revue

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Dumbo, The Flying Elephant

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Skyway to Tomorrowland

Snow White's Scary Adventures: Original Ride

and the last one may be a bit recent, but it's gone and there is a better version of this show in WDW, :

Legend of the Lion King

Timekeeper
    Last edited by Timekeeper; 02-27-2011 at 11:05 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Also, from Walt Dated World, the lost restaurants and shops of Fantasyland:

Shops and Restaurants

Lumiere's Kitchen

Hook's Tavern

King Stefan's Banquet Hall

Also, here's the list of the Fantasyland section from Walt Dated World:

Fantasyland

Timekeeper

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

And some more Toad, from Virtual Toad and All Things WDW. :

http://virtual-toad.com/

All Things WDW: You Die and You Go to Hell!

Timekeeper

• skyway fan!

Very cool seeing the Skyway running again..Still way bummed out that the Vonroll isnt around anymore.
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Wow that brought back a ton of memories.

My dad loved the 20k ride. I remember the giant squid part scared the crap out of me a a little ankle biter. I never wanted to go on that ride because of it, so my dad would sometimes go alone while my mom waited with me.

Mr Toad! I loved that borderline insane ride. I actually scored one of those "vintage" Mr Toad shirts at the Disney outlet on International Drive last month on sale. I've worn it to Busch Gardens (of all places) twice now and have received a lot of comments on it.

OMG... Mickey Mouse Revue! First time I saw this was 1978. I was 3 and we hadn't seen Mickey in the park yet. Of course 3 year old me thought AA Mickey was the real deal and at the end of the show when AA Mickey said "Thanks for coming" and the curtain closed, the theatre was silent except for me, who belted out at the top of my lungs, "MICKEY! MICKEY! DON'T GOOOOO!!!" The WHOLE THEATRE busted out laughing and my parents wanted to DIE! Oh yeah and I remember during the Three Caballeros part, Pachito firing his pistols scared me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast