Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WDW Vacation

Question WDW Vacation

We (myself, wife, mother, father, grandmother and uncle) are going to WDW the 13th - 21st of October.

This is my wife's first visit and the rest of the groups second. Even more exciting, my wife and I are going to be celebrating our 5th anniversary on the 14th.

I know A LOT has changed since I have been there (late 80's) so for any regualrs out there, is there anything that we MUST do on our vacation? Any suggestions for our anniversary dinner?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all...

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

You have to try out Rock N Rollarcoaster, ToT, and Mission: SPACE. They r great. Soarin and the stunt show will also be open. Also be sure to see all of the night shows at each of the parks!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Unknowing Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerfan74
    We (myself, wife, mother, father, grandmother and uncle) are going to WDW the 13th - 21st of October.

This is my wife's first visit and the rest of the groups second. Even more exciting, my wife and I are going to be celebrating our 5th anniversary on the 14th.

I know A LOT has changed since I have been there (late 80's) so for any regualrs out there, is there anything that we MUST do on our vacation? Any suggestions for our anniversary dinner?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all...
    Congrats on your Anniversary!

Hmmm, what kind of ideas do you have for your anniversary? Will you have the kids or are they going to a babysitting program? What kind of food would you like? Are you looking for quiet and elegant or just relaxed?

Just asking a few more questions to help.

Duck!
    Former WDW Dining and Reservations cast Member.

• Old Timer

Book a vacation rental home instead of a hotel room or staying onsite, much better way of staying in Orlando and keeping the family happy.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    You picked an excellent time to go. Parks aren't as crowded, and the weather is a little cooler. And I think that is the same time of year as the Epcot Food and Wine Fest.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Well the nice thing is, my wife and I are in our early 30's (no kids). My grandmother is going to be 75 this year (will be going to DL in December to celebrate that). My mom and dad would like to take all six of us (youngest uncle at 51 rounds out the group) for a nice dinner on the 14th. We were thinking Brown Derby or Coral Reef. Any other suggestions would be great. We are really looking for a nice restaraunt that families with young kids tend to shy away from...

Thank you all for the other ideas...

Good luck finding a restaurant with out kids on WDW property! LoL!

Actually, if you feel like droppin' some bucks, check out Victoria & Alberts and the Grand Floridian. I've never been there, but it's super-posh upscale stuff. I couldn't imagine many kids hanging out there.

• Unknowing Minion

ahh, in that case then....

There are a few places that tend to have fewer kids in them, though several of them are more expensive so are not as appealing to the families with kids.

If you are looking for nice but quieter I would recommend the Artist Point over at the Wilderness lodge, The Captains House at the Yacht and Beach Club, Le Cellier at the Canadian pav. in Epcot may have some families in it, but also a nice resturant. Also, for nice atmosphere, there is Citrico's at the Grand Floridian, the California Grill at the top of the Contemp. and Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can get sample menu's, pics and prices at :

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...us/default.asp

Enjoy!

Duck!

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I would STAY AWAY from the Concourse Steakhouse. There stuff is WAY, WAY too pricey for the quality of the meals perpared there!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

You guys are great. I appreciate all of the information that you are throwing my way. I will be looking into all of these suggestions...

• Disney World Aficionados

Greetings...

Make sure that you take advantage of the new picture program. This is the one where you get one card, and whenever you see the people taking pics, they will take your pic and swipe it on the card. you can view them in the park, and also when you get home. the card is yours to keep, and you can share the pics online. We do it everytime we go, and share the pics when we get home. It's nice for pics of the characters. Speaking of going to WDW, This time tomorrow we will be strolling through Main Street ourselves. That's the beauty of an annual pass, Highly suggested if you are planning on going alot through the year. We go about 2X a month. I gyess it helps that we live only 1 hour away!
    The Disney Diva and Factual Al

• Banned User

you picked a perfect time to go.. the hurricaine never happened during that time last season ..LOL.. and the crowds are on the low....

I would try to find what interests you best in each park... and "try" each ride unless medical or something else prevents you to....

where to eat!

For our anniversaries and special dates, I take my wife to the Yachtsman Steakhouse in the Yacht and Beach Resort. Used to be dress up, no shorts and tees but I think they eased up on that. Very pricey, so there are hardly any children, all linen, waiter with white gloves and the aged steaks, cognac mushrooms and roasted garlic to smear on your fresh baked rools is to die for.

• Super Old Guy

Just about the most romantic view on property would have to be the California Grill on top of the Contemporary. Ask for a seat by the window, and enjoy an incredible view of the Magic Kingdom, the Seven Seas Lagoon, and the hotels on the monorail. It's a wonderful restaurant, with California cuisine served from an open kitchen. One of my favorites on property. You can't go wrong with the Coral Reef, either. Again, ask for a seat by the glass and bask in the cool vibe of the amazing sea life. Congrats, and I hope you have a great time!!!

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Tiggerfan74, I can't really add anything, because everyone has such great ideas. But that time of year (Octoberish) was my favorite time of year at Disney, and I spent a lot of time at Epcot around then.
    Go to the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot, and try and go during the week (fewer crowds), take advantage of Photopass.
    I always liked going to Jellyrolls (the piano/karaoke bar at the Boardwalk), but if you go, call ahead and find out whether it's a cast member night (once again, crowds). Same goes for PI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast