Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Face Character Audition 2

Anyone going to face character auditions soon??? the last thread had over 4 thousands posts!! but, was based around disney land. anyone want to try to get the same amount of awesome, informative, posts based around disney world??

Re: Disney Face Character Audition 2

I'm going to one for the CP this Saturday! And I'd love a WDW based audition board because that's where I want to work!

i'm going thursday! it's not a CP though and it's in orlando, where is yours?

Hey there! I already posted a similar post somewhere else, but maybe my info will help!

I auditioned yesterday for the Disney Cruise Lines/Character Performers/Lookalikes for WDW in Atlanta. I made the final cut to where they filmed my group for the casting director to see, but we didn't learn an extra/harder combination and no one tried on wigs or outfits for Face Characters. From what others have said I thought there would be something else to it but I'm certain that the last thing done was taping. I was almost positive that we would do something other than the combination they taught us but they didn't. Does anyone know if this is the norm for Disney auditions now? Or how long I'll probably wait to hear anything if I do hear anything? If anyone has any information I'd greatly appreciate it :-) Thank you!

Robin- It's in the Nashville area. My parents are coming down with me and we're going to spend Friday exploring the town and everything before my audition.
    DisneyDance-I wouldn't be too concerned with them not putting wigs on people. I heard that they're using a new technology where they can put your picture in the computer and put the wig and everything on your picture. It's easier than taking all of the costumes to each audition. The taping of the dance may have been specific for the cruise lines because most, if not all, of those characters are also going to be participating in the stage shows and they would need to make sure you can dance and not just remember your face a week or so from now when they make their final decisions. Unfortunately, I can't help you any about how long it might take to hear back. I'm hoping you made it though!

well good luck to both of you! and DisneyDance- be patient! I heard from a couple different people it can be 2-3 weeks before you find out. can you explain the movement combination that they taught you? i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks! I'm almost in the "special height range" of like 4'10"-5'0" (barely two inches over) so hopefully that'll help!
    Break a leg in yours! Judging from your picture, I think you have a pretty good shot of at least being considered for face, especially since they're looking for a lot of blonde/paler princesses (Rapunzel, Cinderella, Aurora are blonde, and Snow White and Ariel are supposed to be paler)! Let us know how it goes!

oh thanks! i'm actually only 5"1' so i'm too short to be any of the princesses but i'm in the fairies, alice, and wendys height range. as are you! i'll definitely let you know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBINJ003 View Post
    oh thanks! i'm actually only 5"1' so i'm too short to be any of the princesses but i'm in the fairies, alice, and wendys height range. as are you! i'll definitely let you know how it goes!
    Oh well in that case... Just kidding! I know they're looking for Tinkerbells and you'll be perfect for that! Have you seen any of the Tinkerbell movies?
    I'm actually hoping for park Minnie and Wendy in the Dream Along With Mickey show. I miss dancing onstage and Minnie is adorable!

no i haven't yet! i've been watching meet and greet clips of the fairies on youtube and trying to learn lol but minnie would be so much fun! you'll definitely get some special consideration because of your height range. plus i know disney world is always looking for characters, both fuzzy and face. so you're chances are probably pretty good!

I am also confused I auditioned for Walt Disney World on March 18th in Philidelphia PA. And I made it all the way to the end of the audition where they split you off into groups. I was the only person sent to a place by myself. The casting director came over and said they would like to have me be a character look a like I'm 5'3" and she told me the character. She interviewed me and had me perform a improv skit playing that character. She said I did great and that I could leave and they would be contacting me. I have not heard nothing for almost 3 weeks, I am a bit confused to what is going on. How long does it usually take for them to contact you after your audition like that? If anyone has any information it would be great! Thank you!

Hey Robin, how did your audition go? I was measured at 5'1" 15/16" and was somehow number 3! I don't think explaining the movement routine would help at this point (especially since I don't remember most of it!) but what really was awful is that because I was number 3, my group was brought in first while everyone else practised the dance in the hallway. I knew most of the dance and I know that if I had had just a couple of minutes to practise it, I would've gotten it. So, I did a lot of arm movements and a ton of facial expressions!
    Daniel- I'm pretty sure I saw this question in the other thread. Unfortunately, I still haven't received any information from Disney yet so I can't add any more! I'm hoping to hear something next week though!

Hey everyone, I'm new to michechat, so bare with me haha. I'm auditioning in two weeks for a face character role. I've been researching the audition process, but I still have a few questions as to what the audition actually consists of. Any insight from auditioners would be great!

• Golden State of Mind

Lindsay you may have to do some searching, but there would be someone with the answer to your questions here,

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=89150725687
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

How hard was the dance? And what is your height?
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDance View Post
    Hey there! I already posted a similar post somewhere else, but maybe my info will help!

I auditioned yesterday for the Disney Cruise Lines/Character Performers/Lookalikes for WDW in Atlanta. I made the final cut to where they filmed my group for the casting director to see, but we didn't learn an extra/harder combination and no one tried on wigs or outfits for Face Characters. From what others have said I thought there would be something else to it but I'm certain that the last thing done was taping. I was almost positive that we would do something other than the combination they taught us but they didn't. Does anyone know if this is the norm for Disney auditions now? Or how long I'll probably wait to hear anything if I do hear anything? If anyone has any information I'd greatly appreciate it :-) Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast