Why is Universe of Energy not sponsored by Chevron?

I was thinking about this, Why is that Chevron, a giant energy company sponsors Autopia at Disneyland and not the Universe of Energy at EPCOT?

I think it would make much more sense for such an attraction based on Energy to have such a sponsor.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Re: Why is Universe of Energy not sponsored by Chevron?

That's a pretty good idea. I doubt it would ever have a sponsor again though...just cause it seems like once the sponsor is gone, it's gone, and nobody else wants to do it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Kevie
    That's a pretty good idea. I doubt it would ever have a sponsor again though...just cause it seems like once the sponsor is gone, it's gone, and nobody else wants to do it.
    Or that the sponsor is fairly specific. Take The Living Seas for example, an entire pavilion that now has no sponsor. Untied Technologies/Otis once sponsored the exhibit (In fact, the United Technologies symbol is still on the Hydrolator doors). The unfortunate thing is, is that many sponsors don't see why they should sponsor anymore. We're finally seeing more sponsors at DL, but it's tough. Especially considering that many sponsors (such as Boeing & United Technologies) are not specific companies that the end user purchases from. It's a slow build, but it's happening slowly.
    -Monorail Man

I work for a large company that currently sponsors a pavillion at Epcot (and used to sponsor part of Disneyland as well) and it isn't always a good deal for the sponsor. You get what amounts to a billboard on the ride itself and a mention in the park map and that's about it unless the ride gets featured in park TV advertising. Disney plays hardball on those sorts of things and because of that, the less popular attractions generally don't get them.
    SoCal Native
    DL APer

Well, considering Hess operates all WDW gas stations, they'd be the natural.

Disney asked them. They said no ... but they do sponsor part of WWoS.

• Banned User

Why on Earth do you all think that gas/fuel companies would want to throw away money sponsoring pavillions and rides at Disney when these same companies are making tons of record-breaking earnings at the currrent fuel market prices??? Check in any of these companies' CEO pockets and you'll find the answer.

• Disney Memory Maker

I'd have to say it's for the same reason you won't find Hershey Sponsoring the Living Seas or Pepsi sponsoring Wonders of Life. Hess is already a pretty big sponsor.

Also on a side note, just a little correction to Monorail Man's post....there are no more hydrolators (so UT isn't on its doors anymore).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    I was thinking about this, Why is that Chevron, a giant energy company sponsors Autopia at Disneyland and not the Universe of Energy at EPCOT?

I think it would make much more sense for such an attraction based on Energy to have such a sponsor.
    Does UOE not have a sponser anymore?

UOE was sponsered for several years (that I know of) by Exxon. In fact I picked up one of Exxon's Tiger posters once at the UOE.

CU@DL

Andy

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by CuatDL
    UOE was sponsered for several years (that I know of) by Exxon. In fact I picked up one of Exxon's Tiger posters once at the UOE.
    Yep, ExxonMobile used to be the sponsor of the Universe of Energy pavilion and the WDW gas stations. However, a few years ago, they dropped sponsorship. Currently, Hess sponsors the gas stations and a part of the WWoS but does not sponsor UoE.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney