• CSR Man!!

Rumors from Chip & Co.com

Hello, kids. Sorry it is so late but I have one humdinger of a rumor.

Wait. I donít actually know what a humdinger is. Nevermind. This is huge, thatís all you need to know. Weíre hearing a couple of shocking rumors about Disney resorts.

One, weíve heard that Disney resort managers are being told that when the Art of Animation Resort opens next year late Spring/early summer 2012, Port Orleans Riverside will no longer accept groups of five. Instead, groups of five will have to book a deluxe resort or stay at one of the Animation Suites.

Next, weíre hearing that when the Animation Suites open, the entire Polynesian Resort will be closed. Thatís right, I said closed. Something about asbestos and getting rid of it. Managers have been told that Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, resorts that rarely reach capacity, will handle those guests. Weíve heard that Downtown Disney is getting a new fireworks show to make this move more attractive for Saratoga Springs visitors.

Could it be true? Iím not exactly loving these rumors, but you have to admit theyíre pretty delicious.

http://www.chipandco.com/2011/04/dis...resort-rumors/

Re: Rumors from Chip & Co.com

Asbestos abatement... I bet the place is full of it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Nutty about Disney parks

Wow...insane news.

Well if they shut down the Polynesian Resort for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if they have some DVC villas when it reopens back up.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Tikiman posted somewhere (can't find it now) that the info about the Polynesian is very likely not true. I would trust his analysis.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• CSR Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by tikiman
    ]Talking with people at the Polynesian, they say the rumor is false. They are not closing the whole resort and as far as they are concerned none of the longhouses are being torn down. I donít believe the reports of asbestos in the rooms since they gutted the rooms in 2002 (as seen in the photo below) and removed everything even the floors. They would have had to put asbestos back into the rooms in 2002 for there to be a problem that needed to be removed now.

The only possible thing that I have heard is that the GCH has some major issues and might need to come down. They are trying to figure out the logistics of doing that and where to move the check-in and open up places like the old Tangaroa Terrace to serve food.

Also any rumors of DVC I am told are completely untrue. Disney decided years ago that there was not enough property at the resort to build DVC and taking out buildings to build bigger DVC rooms was not desirable.
    He did say that GCH has major issues though.

• CSR Man!!

Latest entry on Chipandco.com

Hey Guys and Gals Chip here…
    I am please to report that that no good Anonymouse has had her computer taken away for spreading incorrect and outlandish rumors! On behalf of myself and the staff at C&C we apologize for providing you with incorrect information. She thought she had a reliable source for this rumor but like anything till Disney makes an announcement it is just a RUMOR.

lol, I hope that was a company computer.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003