• keep moving forward...

Little Mermaid Opening?

Hey Everyone

I know that California's Little Mermaid is opening alongside Star Tours in June, but I havent heard anything about when Florida's ride is opening. I think it may be opening later because they are making an entirely new building, which will be more elaborate than California's. Just wondering, I will be down there for my second college program in August and coming back in January, any chance I may be able to ride it, or perhaps see it open?

• Minion

Re: Little Mermaid Opening?

I dont think you will see anything open in that area until maybe before the christmas rush at the earliest if not next year

• keep moving forward...

They have never had an opening quite like this before. Both Midway Manias opened within a month of eachother, so will the new Star Tours, but because this WDW is getting a slightly more ambitious experience, I think it may take longer. I am hoping that it opens within a few months of the Disneyland version though.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

WDW is getting Star Tours 2 first... but WDW isn't getting Mermaid until 2012.
    -Bill

Mermaid isn't opening at WDW until 2012 at the earliest.

• Nutty about Disney parks

TLM at Magic Kingdom is part of the Fantasyland Expansion which isn't due to be completed until somewhere between 2012-2013. The Snow White coaster is getting a late start so now everything depends on whether or not the plan is to open the whole Fantasyland Expansion as one or if things open to the public as soon as they are completed.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Yeah its not beacause the ride will be better.. Its pretty much the same except with different exterior. Its Just because it got started a year later then DCAs. It will pretty much be a copy of it. And what you were saying about the two TSMM is different because TLM was only gonna be for California. But WDW decided to have the attraction for their expansion. So WDW wasn't origannly suposed to have it.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88 View Post
    I think it may be opening later because they are making an entirely new building, which will be more elaborate than California's.
    Sorry to say, but it won't be any more elaborate than the one at DCA. The showbuilding was a brand new building constructed from the dirt up.

The only difference between the two will be the facade, as the one at DCA wouldn't really fit the new Fantasy Land motif very well. More than likely though everything else will be a clone. (Except of course the stuff TDO cheaps out on. They even mention in the Disney Parks Blog recently that Orlando has decided to keep the ride running at Haunted Mansion speeds even with TDA's decision to run it slower to allow guests more time to take in all of the details...even with the capacity downgrade it will bring)

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Yeah its not beacause the ride will be better.. Its pretty much the same except with different exterior. Its Just because it got started a year later then DCAs. It will pretty much be a copy of it. And what you were saying about the two TSMM is different because TLM was only gonna be for California. But WDW decided to have the attraction for their expansion. So WDW wasn't origannly suposed to have it.
    TLM seems like a clonable ride. I couldn't imagine Anaheim keeping that one all to itself anyway. Besides MK is getting robbed in the dark ride department (losing Mr Toad and soon Snow White) so TLM is desperately needed here.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    TLM seems like a clonable ride. I couldn't imagine Anaheim keeping that one all to itself anyway. Besides MK is getting robbed in the dark ride department (losing Mr Toad and soon Snow White) so TLM is desperately needed here.
    Have you been to disneyland in california? Just asking If not then you should go