Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Disneyland lover in a whole new world...with a couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by celticdar View Post
    But this was sort of the point of my post - I have no desire to change your opinion or debate you. I'm simply suggesting that for the original poster to automatically pass on the WDW version simply because other people advise that DL's version is better would have her missing out on one of the most popular attractions in the park - and that's a shame because Pirates is a great ride in either park. If you enjoy spending your time in the parks making those comparisons, go for it-enjoy (I'm not sure how you make those comparisons once you step outside of MK but that's up to you) but for someone who hasn't been there (or can't remember it from childhood I think she mentioned), she'll probably enjoy a lot of things that those of us who go regularly might overlook - like Stitch's Great Escape (just kidding!).
    Yes, agreed for the most part.

Oh by the way, original poster, whatever you do, don't go on Stitch's Great Escape!!!!
    (Hee hee hee, haw haw haw, hoo hoo hoo, hee hee hee) Or go, but don't say you weren't warned!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Disneyland lover in a whole new world...with a couple questions

I loved Stitch's Great Escape! I honestly don't see why so many people have such an aversion to it. And MILF was great the first time, but not as much the second time.

With the exception of Tower of Terror (), The Great Movie Ride () and One Man's Dream () (didn't get to go on Rock'n'Roller Coaster, so I can't comment on it)... I hated DHS. The absolute worst excuse for a theme park I've ever been to. If I had a choice between going to it and Magic Mountain, I'd go to SFMM in a heartbeat. I discovered that I don't like seeing how the magic is made while I'm trying to dive into the magic. Save that for a TV special, please (which I love those types of TV shows, btw). The backlot tour is a joke and absolute waste of time, as is the Beauty and the Beast show (seriously just stay away from them- you'll thank me later ). The Indiana Jones stunt show was awesome.. when they weren't explaining and (literally) tearing apart the magic (and the sets) right before our eyes. There's no real quick service options that are worth going to (none of the menus sounded even remotely good to us. And yes- we went into everyone of them), unlike the other WDW parks. And we ended up not eating at any of the Table Service restaurants due to tech. difficulties and our annoyance with the park and HUGE desire to get out of it. (We ended up leaving early and going back to our Resort to get back into a happy frame of mind, and then headed out to Downtown Disney.) Going to this park made me realize what a gem DCA truly is.

Oh- and just a general rule of thumb: unless you're doing a character breakfast, don't count on getting breakfast at any of the parks. They just don't have any real breakfast places (you know- eggs, pancakes, bacon, waffles, etc. etc.). Eat at your Resort (as uninspiring as that food was, it was better than having nothing until either a snack or lunch). It's so unlike DL where we have 3 places for breakfast PLUS a character meal, and the one breakfast place in DCA.

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are AMAZING! I could literally go to just those two parks for the rest of my life and be so perfectly happy! My only complaint about Animal Kingdom is there needs to be more attractions. You absolutely CAN (and we did) fill up a whole day in this park, but you're filling up your day with the abundance of walking trails- which were all fabulous, btw. Definitely see the Lion King show and Flights of Wonder (a great bird show), and do Everest, the Safari, and Dinosaur, if nothing else. And I can't recommend enough Yak and Yeti- fantastic food, GREAT atmosphere and wonderful service!!!

Epcot was great, but there's just too many slow-paced things (all excellently done- well... except Imagination.. what a waste of the space- just... yeah.). We started falling asleep towards the end of our World Showcase day.
    Mission Space (Orange Team!!) and Test Track are MUST-do's! As is Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, O Canada (circlevision movie) and all of the little shops in World Showcase.

If you're staying on-property def. take advantage of Extra Magic Hours! Just don't go to the park that has them, during the day. The park that has the extra evening hours was always WAY busy during the day, but dead at night, so stay away until a little before the EMH are supposed to start.

If you can afford to, you absolutely MUST do the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue!!! And don't worry about getting a seat in the balcony, or the back of the room- the performers move all through the dining room throughout the show, plus the fact that the room isn't ENORMOUS, so you shouldn't have a problem seeing anyways. It's absolutely on my must-do list if I ever get to go back to WDW again.

If you were a fan of C!ASP, then check out the Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! Street Party. It's not as nicely done as C!ASP was, but it's still fun! The Celebrate a Dream Come True parade was nice, as was the MSEP (of course). Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade in AK wasn't any good, IMO. I definitely prefer C!ASP over it.

Ooh! And you have to take a ferry boat to Magic Kingdom from the Ticketing and Transport Center! It's such a pretty ride, plus the view of the Magic Kingdom from the water is... amazing, really. See for yourself:

Untitled by SoCalDork, on Flickr

Untitled by SoCalDork, on Flickr

No matter what, though- just have fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123