Pooh, HM, DEP, and other random musings.

Spent the majority of my weekend at MK. Some good, some bad, some huh?

The Good. Have decided I absolutely love the Magic, the Memories and You. Though I am amused at home much Disneyland footage there is on there. The show really does draw ohhh and ahhhs from the crowd. The Finale gives me chills, Walt's dedication of Disneyland, and then the fireworks jumping off the castle and into the sky. Amazing everytime. Does this show work as well at DL's Small World? I youtubed it and at least on youtube, the DL version doesn't seem to work as well.

Also decided the HM line is great fun. Did find it interested that Sunday Evening they had the bypass line closed, so you had to go through the new que... which I enjoyed.

But today Both were open but no one was using the bypass, until someone behind me decided to and then EVERYONE after that used the bypass and skipped the new que. The result was that my group went through with absolutely no pressure from behind to move on. We spent at least ten minutes playing in the new que.

Love the new hitch hiking ghosts. I let that be a surprise for the other two in my group. They loved it. After several viewings I do not think they were too cartoonish, but do agree they could slow down just a bit. I have notice they return you to normal before you leave the reflection of the three mirrors. I would slow them down by not worring about returning you to normal. Examply, when a ghost switches the two head of the passengers in the Doom Buggy, just let it end like that. Currently the ghost is rushed because he going to switch the heads, and then switch them back.

Now the new Pool line on the other hand.... wow Thats the BAD. It had taken a beating! Tiggers bounce pads are still closed, and several potted trees have been added... placed on top of or in front of effects that are broken and not working. One of the two water pumps has been replaced with potted plants and so has the rope pull. Also many of the noise making veggies are ripped and no longer honk or squeak. I was surprises had how much was already broken down

Disney's Electrical Parade is currently missing Cinderellas Pumpkin Coach and no Fairy God Mother. Cinderella is now on the float WITH PC the step sisters.

Rode the WDWRR train but was denied being able to stand on the back platform by the conductor. Something I have done numerous times. He said it wasn't allowed. I politely asked when this was discontinued and he said it's always been the case and whoever let me do it before could have been fired for doing so. For now I chalked it up to him just wanting to be alone or a rookie who did not know this was allow because he otherwised seem ok and nice. I have definately stood on the back with pleanty of very pleasant conductors, all of whom I assume have not been fired for allowing me to do so.

ok.... have a great day all!

Re: Pooh, HM, DEP, and other random musings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Now the new Pool line on the other hand.... wow Thats the BAD. It had taken a beating! Tiggers bounce pads are still closed, and several potted trees have been added... placed on top of or in front of effects that are broken and not working. One of the two water pumps has been replaced with potted plants and so has the rope pull. Also many of the noise making veggies are ripped and no longer honk or squeak. I was surprises had how much was already broken down
    Ugh, I knew this was going to happen! Makes me a little angry. Add it to the long list of things that were great when it actually all worked the first few weeks it was open, never to be in working order again, like the Expedition Everest effects (fog, yeti) Grrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a steadfast policy that effects will be maintained in working order, or just don't build them in the first place! If they had left Pooh the way it was, I wouldn't have anything to be angry about. But now we get the ever-present reminder of what was briefly really cool.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but this happens all the time, and it's such a waste.

Re: Pooh, HM, DEP, and other random musings.

lily23, your absolutely not over reacting.. this is why WDW should not even bother with things that are that high quality, because they dont think about refurbishing it...

why should you clean your house top to bottom, but you just let it sit there, not even bothering to dust or sweep, for years, then doing another top to bottom clean? it would be MUCH easier if you just did a dish here or there, rather then waiting for every last dish in your house be dirty before you do them?

why even bother WDW why even bother...