Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Looks like Brazil is coming to Florida...

From Inside the Magic:

According to Brazilian press, Disney may be getting ready to announce a major country pavilion addition to Epcot. Today columnist Monica Bergamo from Folha, one of the two biggest newspapers in Săo Paulo, reported this surprising information:

Brazil got a seat in a great international “forum”: Disney. Representatives from the greatest theme park complex in the world approached the federal government this week to announce they’ll include a Brazilian pavilion at Epcot Center, in Orlando (USA). The country will be featured alongside nations such as the US, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Canada.
    Two ministers will assemble teams to help with the undertaking: Helena Chagas of SECOM (Bureau of Social Communication) and Fernando Pimentel of Development. They will provide information about Brazil to help the park build the pavilion. The government’s expectations is one of great return for tourism.

(Thanks to Rodrigo for the translation from Portuguese)
    If true, this would be the first major expansion of the Epcot theme park at Walt Disney World in decades. Brazil has been featured at Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival. Thousands of Brazilian tourists flock to Walt Disney World each year on vacation.
    Disney has not yet commented, so treat it as an unconfirmed report for now.

Report: Walt Disney World to add Brazil pavilion as next country in Epcot World Showcase | Inside the Magic

• Minion

Re: Looks like Brazil is coming to Florida...

I hope it has a Ratatoing attraction

M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Coolness, so EPCOT will have to stay open much later

I'm all for it!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Amazing how much this rumor is being accepted as having a bit of truth. It would definitely be great to see a new World Showcase pavilion.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Brazil is more something I would rather see in Animal Kingdom than Epcot. Oh well.

• We Go On.

I saw this thread title and thought, "They already come to Florida regularly."

Sure, a South American land at DAK would have been much nicer, but Epcot reeeally needs something new, and South America's lack of presence in WS is something worth rectifying.

An Australia (or even better, Australasia) land at DAK could be just as good.

Do we think a Brazil pavilion will have a genuine attraction? I hope so.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

South America does need to be represented in World Showcase, on a permanent basis, and Brazil would top my list of countries from South America. And it's in my top 5 choices of countries that I would like to see added to to EPCOT (The others being India, Israel, Russia, and Greece. - I would place Australia in Animal Kingdom)

• 60 Years of Magic!

Any new countries would be a welcome addition to Epcot. Hoepfully if it happened, Imagineers would come up with a great attraction to go insde.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Well, now the tour groups won't get too homesick!

No, but this sounds awesome!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    South America does need to be represented in World Showcase, on a permanent basis, and Brazil would top my list of countries from South America. And it's in my top 5 choices of countries that I would like to see added to to EPCOT (The others being India, Israel, Russia, and Greece. - I would place Australia in Animal Kingdom)
    Greece and Russia would be my two main choices for Pavilions ASAP. Israel would be a nice runner up.

India is kinda already represented in DAK's Asia area.

How do countries get approved for the WS again?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Greece and Russia would be my two main choices for Pavilions ASAP. Israel would be a nice runner up.

India is kinda already represented in DAK's Asia area.

How do countries get approved for the WS again?
    I agree that those 2 countries would be good additions but fact of the matter is Brazil is truly the right choice for the next country. Its the world showcase and each continent should have some form of representation in my opinion. Brazil is one of the worlds largest countries and highest populations, and now gives south america a place in the showcase if this rumor is true.

On a side note I'm not sure why everyone is harping on world showcase here saying it needs work so desperately, I personally feel its the one of the places that needs the least work. A new country is still welcome but comeon

• Done with MC.

Brazil sounds great. But I'm wondering, has WDW ever added another country to EPCOT after the initial build?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Brazil sounds great. But I'm wondering, has WDW ever added another country to EPCOT after the initial build?
    Both Norway and Morocco were built after the parks opening. Spain, Israel, Russia, Equitorial Africa, and a few others were well underway on their way to becoming pavilions as well, to the point of having "Coming Soon" signs. However, they were seemingly wiped off all plans all of a sudden.

I'd LOVE to see a new WS pavilion, my only prayer is that they completely keep it in line with the other pavilions. No pixar attractions, etc. and a level of detail and immersion equal or above the other pavilions. Save for gran fiesta tour (which really isn't that bad) the WS has remained unmaimed, and pretty true to EPCOT Center's original vision. It must contain a big attraction... Disney must know about people's complaints of the lack of attractions. (I, myself, could spend over 2 days solely in the world showcase and love every single second of it)

I also hope that it is very successful, as it could be the first of many more, and could maybe inspire AK to go ahead with their South America section. (Russia pavilion is my dream)

So where do you guys think it will go in the promenade?
    Matt!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast