Should I audition for The American Idol Experience?

I'm one of those people who have performed in choirs and on stage in musicals but I'm a tad nervous. What is the audition process like?
    Have anyone of you performed on the stage? Were you nervous? What did it feel like?
    What song did you do? etc.

I really want to do this, but I don't really know.. What do you guys think?

Re: Should I audition for The American Idol Experience?

I haven't done it personally, but you might as well go for it. What do you have to lose? One of two things will happen, you win, and have a blast doing it, or you don't win and you still have a blast doing it.

• future rockstar/imagineer

I have done it before, and you should definitely do it! I got to sing on the stage, but I didn't win. I had so much fun doing it that i really didn't care so much that i didn't win. For your audition you will go in and sing whatever song you want for a preliminary judge. They will give you a few tips and then tell you if you have made it to the next round. Then you go to a waiting room where you can pick two songs from a list that you would want to sing on the main stage. After you pick out those songs you sing for another judge, and he will then tell you if you make it to the stage. If you do then you just have to arrive a hour before you sing onstage to go through a practice on the stage and other preparations such as hair and makeup and vocal training.

Go for it! I felt like a rockstar my whole vacation because surprisingly people would come up to me and ask if i was the one who performed at the american idol experience. Some people even wanted pictures! It was a great experience and everybody is so nice no matter if you make it or not, os you will never feel uncomfortable or too nervous. Hope this helped!

Is this a rhetorical question?

Then...

No. By all means, do NOT "audition" for American Idol Experience.
    It will only tie up hours of your day at DHS.
    You'll be separated from your family/friends during much of the process.
    Statistically, you probably won't win anyway, no matter how good your talent.
    You'll be critiqued by a panel of mock judges, more for show than anything else.
    You'll be very nervous.
    You'll meet performers who have more talent than you, which will make you feel even worse.
    The audience only really applauds because they flash the "applause" signs.

...and even if you DO "win", what do you get? Basically, a FastPass to a REAL American Idol audition.

....BUT, if the EXPERIENCE/make believe/wonder/thrill is what you're after (you are in a Disney park, by the way), then don't leave with any regrets!

• Imagination is the Start

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    I'm one of those people who have performed in choirs and on stage in musicals but I'm a tad nervous. What is the audition process like?
    Have anyone of you performed on the stage? Were you nervous? What did it feel like?
    What song did you do? etc.

I really want to do this, but I don't really know.. What do you guys think?
    I was the same...The experience is really amazing. It feels so real especially making it to semis and finals.

I won the 2nd time i did it, which happen to be 2 days after the first time i tried out lol. But it does take time outta ur day, the first time i did it i made it to semi's but thats all. but they did give me those awesome anything goes fastpasses. Use them on anything. Ended up going on Toy Story like 4 Times haha.

Winning is amazing, it feels so real cuz the last show is always full and like the confetti falls down it was just great, sadly I didnt goto the park with anyone. They didn't give me fast passes that day.

I doubt i'm gunna use the Dream ticket but again it was the experience thats amazing....I say go for it, id go Early though and as to do Earliest or Latest shows if you make it.

Imagination is just the start

• Banned User

Your call. Just bear in mind that it could eat up your entire day at DHS.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

If you're worried about time being a factor this is how long it will take you.

Audition Process: Will take 15 to 45 minutes depending on how far you get and how long the line is. If you make it into the show it will probably be the full 45.

Showtime: You will report to check in for your show an hour and ten minutes before showtime. For example, if your show is the 2:00pm show you'll check in at 12:50. The show will end about 25 minutes after it starts. Total time is about 1 hour and 35 minutes.

Finale Showtime: if you win your show and are invited back for the finale you will check in an hour before that show time. If it's a normal day finale will be at 6:30 with a check in time of 5:30. If it's an extremely busy day (think Christmas week) then finale will be at 7:00 with a check in at 6:00. The show will then be either 35 minutes (normal day) or 45 (extremely busy day). Total time for finale is 1 hour and 35 (or 45) minutes.

Total time used up in day if it's an extremely busy day and you make it to the finale is 4 hours and 5 minutes. Most performers though will only be using up about 2 hours of their day to perform. Often times the entertainment folks will comp you for your troubles with a fastpass good for the entire family for anytime at any Studios fastpass attraction if you make it into the show.