• Iron-Clad Allie

2011 StarWars Weekends: Celebrity Appearance Schedule

Celebrity Guests Announced for Star Wars Weekends 2011 Disney Parks Blog

Jedi Mickey and Darth Vader are proud to announce that celebrity guests will appear in full Force at this year's Star Wars Weekends, which take place from May 20th thru June June 12th, 2011 (every Friday, Saturday and Sunday). The grand opening of the new Star Tours 3-D: The Adventure Continues attraction will join together the good side and dark side as they each have plenty of reason to form a temporary truce in order for the Republic and the Empire to unite in celebration of this monummental world wide, inter-galactic, multi-demensional event.

SCHEDULED CELEBRITY GUEST APPEARANCES

May 20-22
    • Anthony Daniels (C-3PO - pics featured later in OP)
    • Clone Wars Special Guest: Dave Filoni (Supervising Director - pics is featured later in the OP)
    May 27-29
    • Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
    • Bruce Spence (Tion Medon - pics featured later in OP)
    • Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex - pics featured later in OP)
    June 3-5
    • Ray Park (Darth Maul)
    • Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
    • Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Matt Lanter (Anakin)
    June 10-12
    • Ray Park (Darth Maul)
    • Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca "Chewy")
    • Clone Wars Voice Talent Guest: Tom Kane (Yoda)

Lighting up the universe will be a kick-azteroid array of explosive events, parades, live shows and activities. Sixty Star Wars characters (Jedi, Princesses, Sith, Ewocks, Wookies, bounty hunters and stormtrooper) will roam about thru Disney Holluwood Studios park looking for their favorite fans (such as you) to meet and sign autographs.

Hats (and robotic heads) off to Anthony Daniels for being one of two people to appear in all 6 Star tours feature films (the other being Kenny Baker aka R2D2 "inside man"). He's also been loyal to the Star Wars / Star Wars weekend fan base, and he is the most ademate Star Wars actor speaker/supporter with respect to the new ride: Star Tours 3-D --The Adventures Continue.

Daniels' irrepresable enthusiasm over the ride is a wonderful, admirable thing, yet somewhat curious at the same time. As the pilot of the new Star Speeder 1000, he is gleefully beside himself; even though he never piloted anything in the movie series, and C-3PO even once said that he hates flying. I guess he changed his mind LOL!

Cheers to you Mr. Baker for a job well done - in far, far more ways than one!
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 05-08-2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Hotlinked images, in violation of site rules
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Happy Memories

Re: 2011 StarWars Weekends: Celebrity Appearance Schedule, Pix & Merchandise

Maybe it's just me, but the guest line up seems a bit weak this year. I guess they figure opening the updated ride is enough of a draw without having to bring in more exciting stars.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but the guest line up seems a bit weak this year. I guess they figure opening the updated ride is enough of a draw without having to bring in more exciting stars.
    I would agree the line-up this year is not as celebrity-clad as it has been in the past. The original stars are getting older. The stars from the more recent trilogy have no excuse for not being more particip[atice. The Clone Wars celebrities are interesting, but their particular fan base is limited to that specific genra.

As far as Star Tours 3-D goes, Anthony Daniels will likely ride it a million times (making up for all the celebrities that aren't there) while mainly enjoying his C-3PO self pilot each flight. LOL! LOL! C-3P(L)O(L)!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Where's the info about the merchandise mentioned in the subject line?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If they ever get Ewan McGregor to appear I'll camp out a MONTH in advance!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Where's the info about the merchandise mentioned in the subject line?
    Well, let's start with my favorites....this year's toy cars. Keep in mind that all merchandise is pretty much ment to commenmorate the Star tours 3-D Relaunch and the 2011 Star Wars Weekends at the same time. There isn't much merchandise that is released yet. More is expected to be offered in the near future.

Star Tours/Star wars Cars

How about your very own Star Speeder 1000?!
    http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/co...chandise/1.jpg

Check out tjis opening day pin:

http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-conten...ours-pin-3.jpg

Moving along to t-shirts. There are several new shirts that are out of this world cool:

http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-conten...urs-shirts.jpg

These Star Tours/Star wars die cast figures are dieing to be cast into your collection:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5026/...12791ece_o.jpg

Sometimes you've just got to chill with the dark side:

http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/co...ndise/5_ap.jpg

Be careful not to shrink your shirt in the wash, especially is you're inside it!

http://jediinsider.net/g/generated/A...scaled_100.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 05-03-2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Hotlinked images, violation of site rules

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    If they ever get Ewan McGregor to appear I'll camp out a MONTH in advance!

http://bohemienpoet.files.wordpress....large-jpg.jpeg

Ewan is a Force to be reckoned with. I don't blame you for being willing to wait in line.

Watch out Natalie! Obi-wan and Vaderkin look like they're going to clobber eachother, and you're in the middle!
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...640_SY772_.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 05-03-2011 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Hotlinked image in violation of site rules