7 20.00%
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

5 14.29%
  • Other

8 22.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Interactive queues, who is next!

Who do you think will have the next interactive queue after the dumbo, peter pan, and little mermaid expansions and why? If you want include a concept of what you think it should look like.

Re: Interactive queues, who is next!

Maybe Jungle Cruise but I don't see much reason for expanding those queues. I definitely don't see how they could expand Big Thunder's.

I didn't know that the little mermaid was getting an interactive que. Where did they say that it would?

Anyways, I'd have to say that the next que is probably going to be either the Jungle Cruise or Big Thunder Mountain. Splash Mountain should also get one pretty soon. Personally I think those 3 need them the most. It almost always an hour wait for those rides. I usually just get a fast pass for Jungle Cruise.

• Imagination is the Start

Well IMO Splash Doesn't Need an Interactive Que. Would it be nice I guess. It would have to be in the Overflow Line for starters, Once your on the stairs it would honestly just ridiculously Slow things down. The Lines that have the interactivity have it in the middle of the lines. Considering Splash isn't a HUGE kids ride like everything in Fantasyland it's most likely NOT next. Disregard the fact that Space Mountain was the first with the interactivity lol.

Big Thunder Could truly use it, that line is one of my least favorites when its even some what crowded. I think it's more that they need to redesign it then add interactivity. Unless they do something crazy there isn't currently room for anything there. I think they should just get some re-imagining done for the line itself because your to close to just everyone when waiting there. So do I think it's next....NO.

Philarmagic is a HUGE possibility, there is tons of potential for an interactive line that keeps to the theme of music and such, think Figment After ride experience, but the que is way to small, and it needs to honestly bring in the crowds. It's such an under appreciated show.

Jungle Cruise IMO honestly NEEDS the Que. That line gets crazy long and so boring. The whole second room should add SOMETHING, Maybe take out half the Que in there and have something in there for the kids or something. What I like most bout the whole HM Que is that You have the option to skip it and choose the faster way, so maybe something extra like that?

Tiki Room Reopening - They have the que covered, thus leads me to suspect they are adding something interactive besides birds talking to each other. It's 'currently' the Disney way, so that's what I feel they're doing.

Pirates could use something fun for the kids too. Like a fake sort of shooting thing where you plunder the other ship from like the fortress the Que is in. Maybe more like a timed game like Space Mountain Maybe.

and Peter is officially getting one?

Imagination is just the start

• All-American

* Woops - wrong thread. *
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 05-12-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I think a lot of it is that she's sort of the "classic villain." Like if you took the qualities of all the best villains and added them together, she would be the closest to the result. She's magical, intimidating, self-serving, has a pet crow, lives in a dark castle, has goons that work for her, etc. So she's one of the first characters that pops to mind when you think of the quintessential villain.

Although the whole turning into a dragon thing might have to do with it, too.

Maleficent's great, but my votes will always go out for Captain Hook, Cruella DeVil, Ratigan (from Great Mouse Detective), and Dr. Facilier.
    What the heck are talking about? We aren't discussing villains.

• All-American

^ Yep, that's what I get for having having multiple threads open at the same time... my mistake.

• Future Princess

Quote Originally Posted by CodeNameMLS View Post
    and Peter is officially getting one?
    I'm pretty sure it is. I think that I read that they're tearing down the old Skyway building, putting restrooms in there, which will replace the ones near Peter Pan. This will allow space for the interactive queue.

Please let me know if I'm wrong on this, but this is what I've gathered from what all I've read.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I'd say that the new Snow White ride is a good candidate. The Great Goofini could get one of these as well. All of Fantasyland will probably end up with these things eventually. The land is getting a big overhaul and these interacitve queues seem to be the big idea in the company right now. It also fits the theme of this land better than the others. The only one that might not get it is It's a Small World since there's really nowhere to put it now that they swapped the entrance and exit. It's too bad, they could have done some cool things with instant translators and such.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• film975

Rides like Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh make sense to have interactive queues because they always have long lines. I think the new Dumbo in the Expanded Fantasyland is supposed to get one. It would be nice if the Dwarfs' Mine Train got one too. That's gonna have long lines I'll bet.

• Imagination is the Start

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Rides like Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh make sense to have interactive queues because they always have long lines. I think the new Dumbo in the Expanded Fantasyland is supposed to get one. It would be nice if the Dwarfs' Mine Train got one too. That's gonna have long lines I'll bet.
    IT WILL have long line and it's gunna be so annoying at first haha. It'll draw a lot of the older crowd to fantasyland though. It'll be nice to see a lot more of an older (teen, young adult) presence in fantasyland then who it's currently geared toward.

Imagination is just the start

• film975

I'm just excited they're finally building a thrill ride for Fantasyland. It's been really needing one for the longest time.

• formerly very helpful

I was thinking Philharmagic, since it's a show, and the line doesn't really move, it will not slow things down, and it will give people something to do while they are just waiting.
    Now, I don't remember if it's an actual line, or a waiting area, so that would have to be adressed, but I think it could work. Also, the whole music theme thing would be a natural for inter-activity.

And I do think Maleficent is pretty cool, as villains go.

No offense WDW, but I think DLR deserves some interactivity also!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude12 View Post
    No offense WDW, but I think DLR deserves some interactivity also!!!!!
    DLR has enough stuff to brag about. Let WDW have something exclusive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast