Crowds in mid September

I am looking at planning a trip down to WDW from September 11th thru the 17th, how are the crowds then? And also what is the weather like?
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Re: Crowds in mid September

The crowds aren't bad at all. Personally that is my favorite time to go. It's in Florida so the weather is still pretty warm. It was mostly in the 80's when I went at that time last year. I loved it because it wasn't too hot but it wasn't cold either and there weren't many people there at all. Hope this helps!!

• Indiana Scott

We often go that time of year because the crowds are so light. The day after labor day is the best but even the 2 weeks after that aren't bad. The weather is still warm too!

• Tron <3 er

hey! me and my boyfriend are going to be there from sept. 12-20...everything i've read said crowds are not bad but it can still be pretty hot and humid

My family and I have gone at that time for the past couple of years and loved it! Its one of the low occupancy times since kids have just gone back to school. It does get a little humid, but its Florida so you've got to expect that. Its generally sunny and in the 80s so its beautiful! Hardly any rain to speak of and around that time they run specials like free dining plan because they need business then. Go to this link Disney World Special Offer | Disney World Deals | Walt Disney World Resort and see what special offers they have for the time you're planning to go. Check to be sure that the offer applies to the nights you choose. Have a magical vacation!

• Mkcoastie

Funny enough, my family will be traveling to the place where dreams come true - the week of september 11!

• Imagination is the Start

I moved here around that time and all i have to say is the it's basically empty, longest line i waited on was probably 30 mins at most. everything is basically walk on. even the weekends u just mostly see AP holders that live in FL, Like MEEEEE

Imagination is just the start

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Indeed, there are no crowds. That time period now trumps early December for being the least attended weeks of the year. There are no waits for ANYTHING.
    -Bill

• Henchman Wanna-Be

Always loved going then. The above posters are correct--the parks are pretty dead, and it's still pretty hot and humid [better than the summer heat, but still sticky]. My first trip with my wife and kids was for 2 weeks in Sept 2004, which luckily [for me] fell right between hurricanes Charley, Frances, [my trip here], Ivan, and Jeanne! We saw some damage still from Frances, and Ivan passed over realtively harmless [it hit the panhandle hard, but then looped back around very weakly]. I think that Frances shut the parks down for a day?

The point is that there is *some* risk from this, so be ready, and be flexible.

Also, while we're talking schedule, how crowded is early Oct? Planning a trip then, probably the week before Columbus Day. I would assume it's okay, but how much do the crowds build for that holiday, then for MNSSHP later in the month?

Thanks!

That is fantastic! Thank you all for your help!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

• Hello there

Blog Entries

This is a great time of the year to go. The crowds are light and the weather is pleasant. I have gone a few times right around or slightly after Labor day and never had a bad experience. Most children return to school at this time and parents are not likely to take the kids out the first month for a vacation.

have fun!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ