Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Question about WDW "Full House" episode

I've been watching alot of the TGIF Disney World shows lately. In the Full House episode they were doing a promotional thing for "Aladdin" where kids could rub the lamp and whoever unleashed the genie became princess for the day...which Michelle does.

I wonder if that was a real promotion they did at Disney World. Was anyone there at the time? This would have to be from somewhere between late 1992- 1993 or even past that. The two-parter originally aired in May 1993 if that info helps.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Mouse at work

Re: Question about WDW "Full House" episode

I remember that episode!
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I've been watching alot of the TGIF Disney World shows lately. In the Full House episode they were doing a promotional thing for "Aladdin" where kids could rub the lamp and whoever unleashed the genie became princess for the day...which Michelle does.

I wonder if that was a real promotion they did at Disney World. Was anyone there at the time? This would have to be from somewhere between late 1992- 1993 or even past that. The two-parter originally aired in May 1993 if that info helps.
    I was there that very week they were filming those episodes (March 1993). I missed the actual filming as when I was at MK, they were at EPCOT or when I was at EPCOT they were at MGM, and so on. But we saw Bob Saget and his family be grand marshals of the Party Gras parade one day. I have photos of them on the lead float in an album somewhere.

And to answer your question about the Aladdin lamp thing Michelle did in the episode. No it was not a real promotion. I saw nothing like that the whole week I was there. It was something just made up for those episodes of Full House.

• It's Human Nature

Hi toonaspie. Well, I may not be as knowledgeable of Disney events throughout the years as most members here, but I remember when I went to Disney World in 1993 that there was a restaurant that had an area where you could rub the lamp. If I recall correctly, it was across from the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I remember I took pictures with a cut-out Jasmine and Aladdin, and the play area looked like the Cave of Wonders. And yes, there was a lamp there, but the Genie didn't come out.

I know I have pictures somewhere... I just have to find them.
    I've got myself a notion, one I know that you'll understand, to set the world in motion by reaching out for each other's hands.

That was Aladdin's Oasis (or something like that) at the Studios park. It's where Playhouse Disney/Disney Jr. is now. That was totally different from what was show on Full House.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That was Aladdin's Oasis (or something like that) at the Studios park. It's where Playhouse Disney/Disney Jr. is now. That was totally different from what was show on Full House.
    It was the Soundstage restaurant. It would change from time to time to reflect the current Disney release. I remember the Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin sections of it.

It was not the Full House episode though.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• formerly very helpful

If I remember correctly from that episode, the shot they used of the Genie "coming up" was really a shot of a balloon/float from one of the parades.

A bit of trivia, wasn't the actor who played the boyfriend on the show the same one who actually did the voice for Aladdin in the movie?

The Full House 2-parter showed the Genie lamp show taking place on Main Street and the whole storyline took place in one entire day yet it had the characters jumping all over the then three parks. Don't you just love TV logic?

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    A bit of trivia, wasn't the actor who played the boyfriend on the show the same one who actually did the voice for Aladdin in the movie?

Yes it was! Scott Weinger, played DJ's (Candice Cameron) boyfriend on the show. Pretty sure he is still the voice for Aladdin, when needed.

If I remember correctly from that episode, the shot they used of the Genie "coming up" was really a shot of a balloon/float from one of the parades.

LOL! I know, right? I was like, "Ummm... parade float?"

And as a joke, they had Scott Weinger dressed up as Aladdin in that very scene where Michelle rubs the lamp, to start DJ hallucinating seeing Steve everywhere (they also had him dressed up as Prince Charming in another scene).

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The Full House 2-parter showed the Genie lamp show taking place on Main Street and the whole storyline took place in one entire day yet it had the characters jumping all over the then three parks. Don't you just love TV logic?
    Seriously. Yeah you could do all 3 of those parks in one day (I have), but it is EXHAUSTING, even when using all the different modes of transportation (boat, monorail, bus).

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Seriously. Yeah you could do all 3 of those parks in one day (I have), but it is EXHAUSTING, even when using all the different modes of transportation (boat, monorail, bus).
    Yeah but it made less sense in the two-parter. After watching it again, the kids never go to Epcot. They start the day at Magic Kingdom and after the whole Michelle drama they are suddenly at the then MGM Studios for the Aladdin parade and the Indiana Jones show and then they go back to Magic Kingdom to do more rides and then they go back to their hotel but return to MK in time to be in the parade there. Yeah I dont get it either but since they were staying at the Grand Floridian, I can understand their short return to the hotel. I don't understand there running from MK to the Studios and then to MK again but hey some of these attractions were new and had to be promoted I guess.

I like the Family Matters 2-parter cuz the storyline takes place over the course of several days so jumping back and forth between the different parks is more understandable here. Still some illogistics in that storyline though.

• formerly very helpful

My problem with these episodes that take place at WDW is they are always written so badly. Even for those shows which I know are catered to children.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

When I did the college program, the first thing I wanted to do, before going to any of the parks, was go to the Grand Floridian and sit at the piano where Uncle Jesse sang to Becky!

totally geeked out!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

My problem with these episodes that take place at WDW is they are always written so badly. Even for those shows which I know are catered to children.
    I admit a part of me enjoys all the cheesy "Disney World" episodes. LOL. But if you're looking for one that's a little more down-to-earth that would be the one they did for "Roseanne", because they just show the family being guests in the parks w/o some crazy over-the-top storyline attached to it.

• It's Human Nature

I just checked out the episode yesterday, and yeah, the lamp that I rubbed wasn't that one. LOL! It was a regular sized lamp. Thanks for clearing that up you guys.

I loved how the dressed up Scott Weinger as Aladdin. Too cute!
    I've got myself a notion, one I know that you'll understand, to set the world in motion by reaching out for each other's hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast