Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's Human Nature

Question Worlds of Fantasy Parade at MK

With all the buzz surrounding the new Soundsational Parade at Disneyland, I'd thought I look to see when we'd have some lovin' at WDW with a new parade of our own. The last time I was there, was November of 2010 and Celebrate a Dream Come True was still strong, for too many years now. If you check WDW website, they have it topping the list as Entertainment.

Magic Kingdom Park | Walt Disney World Resort

But then I curiously checked Wikipedia, and I know I know it's not a valid source, but humor me. It says that Worlds of Fantasy Parade started on May 23, 2011 and that CADCT's last day was May 22nd 2011.

Magic Kingdom Parade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this true? Those of you that have been recently, have you all seen any changes? I tried looking for videos on Youtube, but I didn't find anything. Can anyone confirm this? And if this is not true, then it's a cruel joke. LOL! Or maybe it's something to look forward to.

Thanks!
    I've got myself a notion, one I know that you'll understand, to set the world in motion by reaching out for each other's hands.

Re: Worlds of Fantasy Parade at MK

One can wish.... Sadly to say Celebrate A Dream Come True has not left the Magic Kingdom. You would think that its days has to be numbered... It is a joke! It does not even go with the current theme which is Memories. The parade is still stuck in What Will You Celebrate mode. If I recall the Mickey and Minnie float Still says Celebrate You!
    Surely by now all the tourists in the world have seen the Dreams Come True Parade a million times. How anyone can sit along the parade route and watch this garbage is beyond me. Unfortunately that is exactly the problem. If guests would just stop watching the parade then Maybe WDW would actually do something about it! Here's hoping that a change is coming very soon!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The daytime Parade at the Magic Kingdom is a massive joke. The only reason WDW gets away with it all the time is down the the fact it has fewer repeat visitors compared to somewhere like Disneyland. So everyone views the current parade as something new. With the recent poor attempt to re theme Block Party Bash into a Pixar Parade being absmal. I really have no hope of seeing anything like Soundsational ever coming to the Magic Kingdom. Unless is given to them once California decides it no longer wants to use it at the park. Except for maybe this it will be buisness as usual with the same parade performing down Main Street in the years to come. Reason why I have no future trips planned for WDW. I just don't care to spend money at the Resort when the offerings for the entertainment is so dated. And thats despite being rather impressed with the new interactive queue's and Fantasyland expansion.

WDW in my view now that Steve Davison has finished up his big projects. Should be requesting his and his team's services to come up with an overall of all the entertainment shows at WDW. Starting with a new parade for the Magic Kingdom.

• Minion

ORDDU: Yes, indeed, This Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade is starting to smell like yesterday's left over fish--

ORGOCH: --More like last YEAR'S left over fish!

ORDDU: We actually got into a mild argument with a cast member at Pest Relations, one day, when we remarked at how long this tired parade had been around.

ORWEN: Yes and the cast member disagreed--claiming it was a new parade!!

ORDDU: That's when we informed her that merely removing the glass globes from certain floats and changing the music did not a new parade make. She wanted to strangle the 3 of us, I'm sure, but we stood our ground and wouldn't admit that this was a 'new' parade. We've been seeing it for years and really wish there was something new--like Disneyland's Soundsational parade--coming down the Magic Kingdom's Main Street!!!

I certainly hope MK will get Something new for 2012. Every other Disney park around the world now have awesome parades. Is TDO that blind to not see this? and what a embarrassment Celebrate A Dream Come True is?
    Last edited by DFL86; 05-28-2011 at 11:21 PM.

I do think that the MK parade has become boring and very very very old and needs to be taken away. Its been there forever and just because of the fact that they changed some aspects does not mean that its a new parade. The same concept has been around for like 5 to 6 years already! time to move on with brand new floats. Brand to new theme. And brand new tunes to keep up or else I wont be standing to watch it again. To bring this parade up from the dumps its really gonna need a whole new transition to new things that we as guest should have never seen before.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

With this year being MK's 40th anniversary, you'd think they'd have a new parade to go with it, you know? Unless they got something up there sleeve that will debut this fall? Who knows? But I'm sure not going to hold my breath.

• Future Princess

I think it would be nice if they changed the parade sooner rather than later, but if they need a reason to change it, why not roll it out with the Fantasyland expansion? The expansion is going to draw in a lot of repeat guests who want to experience it, so why don't they put out a new parade for those visitors to watch? To me, that makes the most sense, but I guess they don't even need a reason for a new parade other than the desperate need for it.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Well, re-using the same parade floats at Magic Kingdom is nothing new. Angry Cast Members wrote this song back in 1996!

(To the tune of "Remember The Magic")

Hope we haven't gone too far...

Recycle the magic!
    Recycle the magic!
    It's time to recycle the magic!

The guests want entertainment.
    The accountants said, "No way."
    We had to recycle the magic.

We took some floats and costumes
    From our last three years' parades.
    That's how we recycle the magic.

Recycle the magic.
    Recycle the magic.
    Recyclin' the Disney magic.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah,
    Zip-a-dee-ay.
    Hope the guests like our cheapo parade.

Michael's stock options
    Are perfectly safe.
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah,
    Zip-a-dee-ay.

If you visit quite often
    You may be a bit dismayed
    Because we recycled the magic.

But come and visit next year-
    We may have a new parade.
    For now, we're RECYCLING THE MAGIC!
    -Bill

Haha to funny. I had a thought that MK could still possibly get Parade Of Dreams... BUT with, sadly to say, reused floats... to name a couple the Pinocchio float from "Dreams Come True", possibly the "Remember The Magic" Little Mermaid and Lion King float if they are still around somewhere, and anyone want to take a guess at what they could/would use for the finale float? hahaha.

^ I say go for it. I would be perfectly find with dusting off a few old floats. Through in some new music, and do something new.

I know this is my opinon but, I think thereís been too much ranting over MKís CADCT! To me, Itís one of MKís best Parades ever! I just connect to the soundtrack and the dance routines are perfect! Think about how lucky we are, For over two years now (before May 26th 2011 of course) MK was the only Mak in the US with a regular daytime parade. I still canít understand Why DL thought itís was right to can POD and just do C!ASP while MK was doing two parades and their street party. As for out dated floats: Nothing new, Cindyís coach in still in the XMAS parade. We still have DLís 1977 MSEP out in WDW playing to packed crowds every night it shows. (granted it looks much better since DCA rehabbed it in 2009)
    I know everyone has their opinion but I just wish people would stop nitpicking and just enjoy what we do have. We could have very easily been in DLís Shoes the last two years. Maybe longer since MK Sill has MI! SI! CI!, CADCT and Celebrate Today still on the Monorailís PA System.

As For Worlds Of Fantasy: Could MK be really thinking about a new parade? I ask that because this is the second time this year that Wik has reported CADCT ending. First time was back in march and there was a topic about it on another message board. I know Wik is usually wrong but anyone know where Wik gets their information? As much as I love CADCT, I do wish and hope MK does something for the 40th, either Worlds of Fantasy, a different parade or at least a 40th show stop in CADCT. When I looked at Wik, I also noticed something about WDWís 40th in Move It! Skake It!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

The parade at the Magic Kingdom is hardly a nit, but a significant portion of the entertainment offerings.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

^ I agree, if the parade was new when I went in Feb I would have stopped and watched it, but because it was the EXACT same parade I saw 2 years ago I felt no need to...I like watching the parades but every now and again something fresh would be appreciated...

NOT having repeat visitors is NOT a legitimate excuse for not changing a parade once every 2 years IMO and for too long that has been the excuse...this parade clashes with their current promotions so you would think that in the interest of selling merchandise on property or tickets that would be in their best interests to update the parade...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Share a Dream Come True Parade (October 1, 2001 - August 9, 2006) became "Disney Dreams Come True Parade"
    • Disney Dreams Come True Parade (August 10, 2006 - January 22, 2009) became Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
    • Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade (January 23, 2009 - Present)

Since 2001, WDW has had the basically same parade, because imo, Taking the glass covers off a few floats the first time, then dressing up the lead float the second time for a "new parade" really doesnt cut it... Since 2001, DLR has had:

• 45 Years Of Magic Parade
    • Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams
    • Celebrate! A Street Party!
    • Mickey's Soundsational Parade!

All of these had NOTHING to do with each other, NO unit's were slightly changed, and brought back in the next "new" parade..

I could have dealt with it if WDW's "3" parades were not the same parade with some paint dumped on a few units, versus DLR's 4.. but it has been the same parade..

So not only has DLR had more parades... Their parades weren't the same darn thing! You would think if all WDW was doing was some "refreshing" on the parade, they would have more of these so-called "new" parades! but no! they wont even dump paint on a few units annually!

10 years without a new parade WDW.. Really? If thats not something to gripe about, then i dont know what is... if this is supposed to be the "cream of the crop" entertainment, i dont see it.. I'll stick to DLR until WDW has proven that it is even worth having the name "Disney" in its title..

Im not saying Disneyland is perfect, nor is TDL, but WDW is just sickening..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast