A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

Hello,
    I will be going to WDW at the end of June and will be staying at the All-Starts Movies resort and I have a few questions:
    -Can we eat in another hotel?
    -If so does the restaurant in Port Orleans serve breakfast?
    -If not are there any good breakfast places in Downtown Disney?
    For early access:
    -At what time those it start and end
    About transport:
    -Those All-Star Movies have shutles to the park directly (and Port Orleans or Downtown Disney) or do we have to get to the transport hub?

• Seasick

Re: A few questions about eating, early access and transportation.

You can definately eat in another hotel, or anywhere you like.

You can check out menus for Port Orleans or any other hotel on the official WDW site, but you might find this list simpler to use: Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

At Port Orleans, the sit-down restuarant does not serve breakfast, but the quick service locations do. The breakfasts seem to be pretty standard fare, so I can't imagine it would be worth the hassle to get to another hotel for breakfast, particularly if you are relying on the Disney Busses.

There should be busses directly to the theme parks and Downtown Disney. If you want to visit another hotel, you have to take a bus to a theme park or DD, and then take another bus to the other hotel. It's not very efficient to hop from one hotel to another.

It might be a better idea to plan lunches or dinners at alternate hotels. That way you could, for example, take a bus from your hotel to a theme park in the morning, take a bus to the alternate hotel for lunch or dinner, take a bus from the alternate hotel back to a theme park or Downtown Disney, and then finally take a bus back to your own hotel. To go "directly" from hotel to hotel is just not a good use of your time, generally speaking.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    You can definately eat in another hotel, or anywhere you like.

You can check out menus for Port Orleans or any other hotel on the official WDW site, but you might find this list simpler to use: Restaurant Dining Menus from Walt Disney World

At Port Orleans, the sit-down restuarant does not serve breakfast, but the quick service locations do. The breakfasts seem to be pretty standard fare, so I can't imagine it would be worth the hassle to get to another hotel for breakfast, particularly if you are relying on the Disney Busses.

There should be busses directly to the theme parks and Downtown Disney. If you want to visit another hotel, you have to take a bus to a theme park or DD, and then take another bus to the other hotel. It's not very efficient to hop from one hotel to another.

It might be a better idea to plan lunches or dinners at alternate hotels. That way you could, for example, take a bus from your hotel to a theme park in the morning, take a bus to the alternate hotel for lunch or dinner, take a bus from the alternate hotel back to a theme park or Downtown Disney, and then finally take a bus back to your own hotel. To go "directly" from hotel to hotel is just not a good use of your time, generally speaking.
    Ok thanks for the informatoon but is there a good sit-down breakfast place in Downtown?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Twist1234 View Post
    Hello,
    I will be going to WDW at the end of June and will be staying at the All-Starts Movies resort and I have a few questions:
    -Can we eat in another hotel?
    -If so does the restaurant in Port Orleans serve breakfast?
    -If not are there any good breakfast places in Downtown Disney?
    For early access:
    -At what time those it start and end
    About transport:
    -Those All-Star Movies have shutles to the park directly (and Port Orleans or Downtown Disney) or do we have to get to the transport hub?
    The resturants are open to all.

What do you mean early access? You mean extra magic hours? Those change daily - so check the WDW Calendar on the website to see the schedule. The paper schedules in the parks will also show you the times for the week.

If you are the type that needs breakfast every day - and don't have a car - I would suggest getting food in the food court. You'll waste so much time moving around for breakfast because you won't have direct link access to most of the resturants. Save the sit-down breakfasts for a few specials.. like Tusker House at DAK or the like.

Eating at the food court you'll get your fill and not have wasted a ton of time. The breakfast buffets at the parks/hotels are good - but pricey as the big ones are character meals.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The resturants are open to all.

What do you mean early access? You mean extra magic hours? Those change daily - so check the WDW Calendar on the website to see the schedule. The paper schedules in the parks will also show you the times for the week.

If you are the type that needs breakfast every day - and don't have a car - I would suggest getting food in the food court. You'll waste so much time moving around for breakfast because you won't have direct link access to most of the resturants. Save the sit-down breakfasts for a few specials.. like Tusker House at DAK or the like.

Eating at the food court you'll get your fill and not have wasted a ton of time. The breakfast buffets at the parks/hotels are good - but pricey as the big ones are character meals.
    Thanks for the information.