Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Extra magic hours for non resort guests?

So is there any way to take advantage of EMH without having to book one of the Disney Resorts? I am a Annual Passholder but what I read is that this does not help! I do know that there is no way other then booking one of the resorts but has anybody ever tried without one and some how was able to take advantage of it without getting turned down? lol How did you do it if you were able to?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Extra magic hours for non resort guests?

During EMH, you must be a resort guest to ride attractions. If you are in the parks at close, you will not be kicked out, and can stay in the park as long as you like, but you will not be able to ride any attractions. You're more than welcome to eat and shop though.
    -Bill

The Extra Magic Hours is designed to be one of the benefits of staying at a Disney Resort.

It's bad enough that the parks are already open to un-godly hours as it is. If they opened up EMH to everyone then no one would leave. Do we really need to have the parks open until 3am?

Disney is BIG on telling cast members about getting back to the basics. They should practice what they preach too. The parks used to only be open until midnight during the summer or special events. No EMH mornings or nights. Now with EMH sometimes the Magic Kingdom is open from 7am to 3am. That doesn't leave much time for the maintenance & custodial people to clean up or keep attractions or other things in top condition. And in some attractions with the time it takes to shut a ride down and start it up again, they just let it run 24 hours, certainly not good from a mechanical point of view, which equals more frequent breakdowns.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDisney View Post
    has anybody ever tried without one and some how was able to take advantage of it without getting turned down? lol How did you do it if you were able to?
    So you are asking how to avoid and get around Disney's rules that you acknowledge you know?

Asking and promoting getting around Disney ticket policies is a Micechat No-No and could get you banned..
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

[QUOTE=flynnibus;1056547636]So you are asking how to avoid and get around Disney's rules that you acknowledge you know?

Asking and promoting getting around Disney ticket policies is a Micechat No-No and could get you banned..[/QUOTE

First off my question has nothing to do with going around and breaking any rules what so ever in any way and Im not trying to get around any disney ticket policy as I respect all policys that are made. I am simply asking if anybody has ever been able to ride a ride during EMH because they were In the line and the cast member was nice enough to let them in. There is no breaking policy there when a cast member is just being nice. Theirs been plenty of times from what Ive read that a guest dident have a resort key and they let them in anyways with some type of fastpass or something. Im sorry, my question was not worded correctly if it came off in a bad way.

• Pilot EdForceOne

First off my question has nothing to do with going around and breaking any rules what so ever in any way and Im not trying to get around any disney ticket policy as I respect all policys that are made
    Uhhh

So is there any way to take advantage of EMH without having to book one of the Disney Resorts? I am a Annual Passholder but what I read is that this does not help! I do know that there is no way other then booking one of the resorts but has anybody ever tried without one and some how was able to take advantage of it without getting turned down? lol How did you do it if you were able to?
    Yeah.. sure buddy. Not trying to get around the rules you obviously know exist.

I am simply asking if anybody has ever been able to ride a ride during EMH because they were In the line and the cast member was nice enough to let them in. There is no breaking policy there when a cast member is just being nice. Theirs been plenty of times from what Ive read that a guest dident have a resort key and they let them in anyways with some type of fastpass or something
    You KNOW you aren't supposed to be able to ride - but you are looking to abuse the CM's behavior that is there to help legitimate guests who might have a legitimate issue. You know you don't deserve the courtesy, but you are looking to exploit it.

Yes you are are asking to how to abuse the system.

Please don't abuse the courtesy of others - that is what leads to more strict enforcement for EVERYONE for the few that are looking to game the freedom to their own advantage.

If you want to enjoy EMH - book at a Disney property.

Am I evil? yes, I am

I'm sorry if it came out as breaking a rule, I insure you I am staying on property for my next visit, thanks for the tip.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    The Extra Magic Hours is designed to be one of the benefits of staying at a Disney Resort.

It's bad enough that the parks are already open to un-godly hours as it is. If they opened up EMH to everyone then no one would leave. Do we really need to have the parks open until 3am?

Disney is BIG on telling cast members about getting back to the basics. They should practice what they preach too. The parks used to only be open until midnight during the summer or special events. No EMH mornings or nights. Now with EMH sometimes the Magic Kingdom is open from 7am to 3am. That doesn't leave much time for the maintenance & custodial people to clean up or keep attractions or other things in top condition. And in some attractions with the time it takes to shut a ride down and start it up again, they just let it run 24 hours, certainly not good from a mechanical point of view, which equals more frequent breakdowns.
    Yeah, but the parks are only open that late during peak summer season. During the off-season, Animal Kingdom closes as early as 5pm! That's where EMH is much more of a perk. For the rest of the time EMH is like an ERT session that people either take advantage of, or don't. It's great for those who do.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Animal Kingdom no longer offers evening EMH...
    -Bill

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    If you are in the parks at close, you will not be kicked out, and can stay in the park as long as you like, but you will not be able to ride any attractions. You're more than welcome to eat and shop though.
    That is, unless all the dining locations have already closed down for the night. The girlfriend and I usually eat later than most and on our last trip in 2009 we were trying to have dinner about an hour before park closing at the Magic Kingdom. Not Extra Magic hours closing, regular park closing hours, on an Extra Magic Hour night. Every quick service location we tried had already closed their kitchens for the night. We decided to tough it out through the Extra Magic Hours and order room service once we got back to the hotel.

To get to the topic of attractions. There are ways to abuse the system. Please don't do it.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

as long as you are in line a minute before the park closes to regular guests, they will let you ride the attraction.

The only exception I have seen is if an attraction has an exceptionally long wait, and they close the line early, but that is very rare.

But like someone said earlier. You are still free to enjoy the shops and eateries! so get all of your rides done, and use that time for shopping!

and eating

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    That is, unless all the dining locations have already closed down for the night. The girlfriend and I usually eat later than most and on our last trip in 2009 we were trying to have dinner about an hour before park closing at the Magic Kingdom. Not Extra Magic hours closing, regular park closing hours, on an Extra Magic Hour night. Every quick service location we tried had already closed their kitchens for the night. We decided to tough it out through the Extra Magic Hours and order room service once we got back to the hotel.
    Even Casey's on Main Street? I thought it remained open with all the shops. Hmmm, it has been a few years since i was there, so it may have changed.

I know the Ice Cream Parlor and Candy Kitchen stay open! Just eat yourself sick on sweets!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Pilot EdForceOne

eating during EMH is a huge problem... very limited options, even in the MK

Am I evil? yes, I am

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Tell me about it. Was there a couple years ago and the entire West Side of the Park only had one food service open (Dole Whips)......... the line for it looked to be over 60 minutes.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Yup and the places that are open aren't usually the best, this is why I usually go to eat before the fireworks at the park at wherever I'm eating at and then I don't have to worry about it because I've already eaten more than my fill so I'm covered whether I stay until 3am or until 11...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast