Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

So everything is "Disney Parks" now???

This was our napkin at The Plaza in Magic Kingdom. We saw this "Disney Parks" logo elsewhere during our trip this past weekend.

So, do all Disney theme parks have this all over now? Disneyland? I'm thinking yes or it would be "Walt Disney World" like it used to be.

I remember reading somewhere here on Micechat that there would be some stream-lining of merchandise between the two coasts. Is that what this is, or am I misreading?

I don't know why it annoyed me, but it did! Disney Parks? Just doesn't have much "ring" to it. I want my napkins to say "Walt Disney World" or "Disneyland" to remind me of the uniqueness of where I am, thank you very much!

Re: So everything is "Disney Parks" now???

Yeah, I know what you mean.

New shopping bags are springing up at Disneyland with "DISNEY PARKS" printed on it, with Sleeping Beauty Castle on one side and Cinderella Castle on the other.

I have been noticing this too, haven't given it much thought but maybe Disney thought it cheaper to just use one logo for all the parks.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    I remember reading somewhere here on Micechat that there would be some stream-lining of merchandise between the two coasts. Is that what this is, or am I misreading?
    Unfortunately yes. The rebranding of the Disney parks and resorts into the "one brand" initiative has been in the works for quite some time. Not everything has been completely rebranded yet but we're on the way there. It's pretty sad but cost effective for the company.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Booo! I lost my Mickey hat that says Disneyland on it just yesterday. I probably won't be able to get another one because they'll be a thing of the past by the time I get out to California again. Bummer!

It's cheaper for a company to do this. Why get separate presses to print separate napkins, when you can just get one press and make a bunch of the same design. To tell you the truth, this doesn't bother me.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Disneyland has new merchandise bags that say Disney Parks. On one side I think it's Cinderella Castle. On the other, it's Sleeping Beauty.

Ugh is right.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    It's cheaper for a company to do this. Why get separate presses to print separate napkins, when you can just get one press and make a bunch of the same design. To tell you the truth, this doesn't bother me.
    If it's just napkins and shopping bags, I'll get over it. If it's hats, t-shirts, and souvenirs that I would want to remind me of my trip to a particular part of the world, I will be seriously bothered. I liked wearing my hat that said "Disneyland" on it in Florida. It made it different from everybody else's hat.

Anyone know what the extent of the "rebranding" will be? Toonaspie?

I think their doing this to mainly "disposables" I forgot the correct word for that.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• let's talk Disney, okay!

If it's just napkins and shopping bags, I'll get over it. If it's hats, t-shirts, and souvenirs that I would want to remind me of my trip to a particular part of the world, I will be seriously bothered. I liked wearing my hat that said "Disneyland" on it in Florida. It made it different from everybody else's hat.

Anyone know what the extent of the "rebranding" will be? Toonaspie?
    Agree. I wont mind so much if it is just napkins, shopping bags. Disneyland already has pretty generic merchandise. Lets not make it more generic by printing Disney Parks on it.

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I think their doing this to mainly "disposables" I forgot the correct word for that.
    Hopefully you are right.

Still kind of irks me, though

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Booo! I lost my Mickey hat that says Disneyland on it just yesterday. I probably won't be able to get another one because they'll be a thing of the past by the time I get out to California again. Bummer!
    The ear hats are still park specific and should stay that way. Same with shirts and stuff, but they did try a line of shirts with the "Disney Parks" logo and they didn't sell, so I think they canned that idea.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This has bothered me for quite some time. I used to buy a lot of souvenirs on my Disney Vacations. However, that started changing when I couldn't find resort specific merchandise at the different Disney World resorts that I was staying at. I still have, and wear a lot my Beach Club shirt, and my Grand Floridian shirt. The year that I stayed at Caribbean Beach, they didn't have much that said Caribbean Beach. I remember when each resort had their own resort specific napkins, and other small items. Eventually those were replaced with Walt Disney World ones, and then recently Disney Parks. I always enjoyed going home with a little something from each of the resorts that I stayed at. I used to always purchase the resort specific refillable mugs. I have about a 1/2 dozen different ones. They stopped doing that a few years back. Not sure exactly what they say on them now. Disney Parks has been around for quite some time now. The thing that irks me the most is the castle that ends some Disney Parks commercials. It isn't even a castle that exists. It appears to be a combination of both Sleeping Beauty Castle, and Cinderella Castle. It annoys me a lot.

hmm, barbaraann, that is a bummer. You would think that this effort to save money will cost them in the long run, if people such as yourself are spending less money on merchandise. But I suppose the bean counters have it all figured out. Sigh.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

It's not really the printing costs (since printing any huge amount is a simple swap-out), but more eliminating the logistics of worrying about shipping the correct cups to the correct resort or park. It's sounds stupid, but it saves lots of money. I personally don't like the change, but can understand it from a company perspective.
    -Monorail Man

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast