Thread: Wonders of Life

• Mr Test Track

Wonders of Life

My question that is hard to answer for lots of people including me is when is a company going to sponser Wonders of Life and make it so that it is up and running everyday with LOTS of updates? Right now it is only used for the Beer and Wine Festival, sometimes some small party's, and the Flower and Garden festival.

• Minion

Re: Wonders of Life

it will not happen in its previous identity. anyone who wants to sponsor the pavilion will be represented by either an entirely new set of attractions (as the majority are dissembled by now) or an entirely new concept.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    it will not happen in its previous identity. anyone who wants to sponsor the pavilion will be represented by either an entirely new set of attractions (as the majority are dissembled by now) or an entirely new concept.
    wonders of life will NOT return. It is debatable if that structure will remain. Both the Universe of Energy and Wonders of Life and "hard to find" from a casual guest point of view.

I personally would love to see a re purposing of that pavilion to a giant children's play area that could focus on health... think McDonald's play-place, meets If I ran the Zoo, meets Shamu's Happy Harbor meets Wonders of Life.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post

I personally would love to see a re purposing of that pavilion to a giant children's play area that could focus on health... think McDonald's play-place, meets If I ran the Zoo, meets Shamu's Happy Harbor meets Wonders of Life.
    In my mind's nose, I can already smell it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    in my mind's nose, i can already smell it
    rofl
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

i think i agree with u about it not returning eric however it would be nice to see an e-ticket body related attraction in epcot i.e. the current space pavilion. the space should be demolished to make room for a new larger pavilion with a new topic, weather would be my preference.

Speaking about the space pavilion doesn't anyone think it needs a little more beefing up then just mission space and the post ride area? it has the potential to be sooooo much more then what it is right now.

• Minion

Yeah, animal biology could certainly stand to be represented amongst the other sciences. I wonder if a pharmaceutical company could be tempted to sponsor a medical-related attraction. Something about the history of medicine in the way Spaceship Earth celebrates the history of communication. At the end you could have health-themed games.

I don't see Wonders of Life returning with another sponsor. Since all the attractions are gone, there isn't any attractions for the sponsor to actually sponsor. The only way I see this area being used again is if Disney "Re-imagines" it into something different, which means new attractions. Being WDW, seems unlikely IMO
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I don't see Wonders of Life returning with another sponsor. Since all the attractions are gone, there isn't any attractions for the sponsor to actually sponsor. The only way I see this area being used again is if Disney "Re-imagines" it into something different, which means new attractions. Being WDW, seems unlikely IMO
    I agree basically the method that disney is following right now is taking the park thats become the most stagnant, adding a big section or attraction, and moving on to the next park. With the work currently being done to MK after the current announced projects are completed I have a very strong feeling, besides minor work, that we wont see anything done to MK for a while. Following the pattern I illustrated above, the next stop for disney world would be Epcot world showcase. but while their adding in that area (if the rumors are true) it is quite possible we could quite possibly see a new pavilion and or addition or reno of current pavilions in the not so distant future as well.

• Mr Test Track

Huh, I kinda wish Body wars was still around because I never got to ride it.
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by PerrySimon View Post
    Huh, I kinda wish Body wars was still around because I never got to ride it.
    Body Wars was a weird experience physically. Unlike Star Tours where the vehicle is pretty much constantly moving forward, Body Wars had a lot of scenes where the vehicle was moving backwards then forwards, especially during the heart and lungs scenes where the disabled vehicle was using the body's own power to propel it toward its destination. This made the ride a much bumpier and whiplash inducing trip than Star Tours, though somehow less exciting. The Film was directed by Leonard Nimoy though, so there's that.

I think the real star of the pavilion was Cranium Command. I'm usually not big on shows and am much more of a ride fan, but this one was a must see for me. It would be terribly outdated now, but the core concept is still a great one.

I was never a fan of the circus theme the pavilion had on the inside. It didn't really fit in with the rest of Future World, though I understand that they were worried making it look like a lab (or worse hospital) would creep people out. The exhibits however were lots of fun. I really liked the cycles and the sensory funhouse. Life and health is still a great concept for a pavilion, but I don't see many companies in that industry jumping up to be sponsors. They have a bit of a reputation for having even tighter purse strings than Disney.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Body Wars was a weird experience physically. Unlike Star Tours where the vehicle is pretty much constantly moving forward, Body Wars had a lot of scenes where the vehicle was moving backwards then forwards, especially during the heart and lungs scenes where the disabled vehicle was using the body's own power to propel it toward its destination. This made the ride a much bumpier and whiplash inducing trip than Star Tours, though somehow less exciting. The Film was directed by Leonard Nimoy though, so there's that.

I think the real star of the pavilion was Cranium Command. I'm usually not big on shows and am much more of a ride fan, but this one was a must see for me. It would be terribly outdated now, but the core concept is still a great one.

I was never a fan of the circus theme the pavilion had on the inside. It didn't really fit in with the rest of Future World, though I understand that they were worried making it look like a lab (or worse hospital) would creep people out. The exhibits however were lots of fun. I really liked the cycles and the sensory funhouse. Life and health is still a great concept for a pavilion, but I don't see many companies in that industry jumping up to be sponsors. They have a bit of a reputation for having even tighter purse strings than Disney.
    Exactly. I felt more motion sick on it than on any other ride save for the Tea Cups when I look around.

It's sad that EPCOT seems to becoming less and less educational. Wonders of Life somehow felt less fun than the others areas. I guess people are not as impressed with AAs like they used to and seem to equate E-tickets with just thrill rides.

It's sad to imagine that as a play place. I've always thought theme parks were huge play grounds anyway.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    It's sad that EPCOT seems to becoming less and less educational. Wonders of Life somehow felt less fun than the others areas. I guess people are not as impressed with AAs like they used to and seem to equate E-tickets with just thrill rides.
    I don't think people are less impressed with Audio-Animatronics these days. As bad as Stitch's Great Escape is, that figure is amazing. The Hall of Presidents was still being redone when I last visited, but I've read nothing but good things about the new show. Also, let's not forget Ol' Disco Yeti when he worked right. The problem is not with the ability of the figures to impress, but rather with the fact that digital projections and barely themed thrill rides are a heck of a lot cheaper to build and maintain.

I completely agree with what has happened to the term E-ticket. I think because so many of the rides in the past few decades that have been touted as e-tickets have been thrill rides, People forget that It's a Small World, Country Bears Jamboree and Hall of Presidents were all E-ticket attractions.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.