Birthday at Disney World

A friend and I will be going to WDW in september, I went there once in 2000 but this will be her first time to a Disney park, period! In addition our first day at the park will be her 23rd birthday and I really want to surprise her with something special, any ideas?

Here are some facts that you should know.
    We will be staying at the Pop Century resort.
    Our first day will be spent at the Magic Kingdom.
    Please do not suggest anything that would involve mask characters, they scare her. Face characters are ok, particularly the princesses and fairies.
    "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world" -Walt Disney

Re: Birthday at Disney World

If they still have the pins, go to city hall and get a Birthday pin and be sure she wears it! She'll get treated extra special by the cast members. You can call up guest relations and ask about how you can get your room decorated while your at the parks.

Have fun!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Other than the usual "Happy Birthday" what other special treatment will she be getting? I also like the idea about the having our room decorated while we are away, does that cost anything? I should mention we are on a bit of a tight budget.
    "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world" -Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

Budget is an issue, you said, but rather than looking for surprises, how about a really nice dinner in a nice restaurant. They have a lot there at WDW.

Personal favorites of mine:
    In Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree Tavern
    Cinderalla's Royal Table

In Epcot: Chefs de France
    Rose and Crown Pub
    Biergarten

In Disney Hollywood Studios:
    Fifties Prime Time Diner
    Sci-fi Dine In

Quote Originally Posted by coasterjudge View Post
    Other than the usual "Happy Birthday" what other special treatment will she be getting? I also like the idea about the having our room decorated while we are away, does that cost anything? I should mention we are on a bit of a tight budget.
    For something "Big" it costs money (I only know of this at Disneyland). If you call the hotel you're staying at or go to the front desk and just tell them that it's her birthday and that you were wondering if they can do something special while you are away. They will probably write down in your account that someone is celebrating a birthday in your room. Sometimes they do some neat things. Just letting them now wouldn't hurt.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

A few years ago myself and my boyfriends family stayed at Saratoga Springs. It was one of his Uncles birthdays and we asked one of the men working at the front desk if they could do something for his birthday. This guy went all out. He gave him 3 balloons, the birthday pin, and made him do some kind of silly birthday pledge. This man really went above in beyond especially since the Uncle wasn't staying on property. My advice is to let the front desk know because you never know what they might do.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

23 and the furry heads scare her?

At least make sure she gets a birthday button from Guest Services. I've gotten lots of surprises due to CM's spotting my button. I've gotten free desserts at Kona Cafe and the Crystal Palace, a free churro with my lunch from the Cantina in Mexico at EPCOT, I got to "drive" the boat on Jungle Cruise... characters have approached me out of nowhere to wish me happy birthday. I got a "call" from Goofy. Lots of nice little surprises.

This past February we took my mom to Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge for dinner and when I told our server we were there for my mom's birthday, she sang a hilarious rendition of "Happy Birthday" to my mom (which I got on video) and brought her a HUGE cupcake for dessert.