• Wishin' I was at WDW.

40th Anniversary Ticket Book Magnets...

Hello!

Just got back from a terrific (and much needed) 4 1/2 day trip to the World.

I'm loving that Walt Disney World has merchandise to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the resort this year and my favorite nostalgic find was a stack of magnets made to look like an old ticket book.

It's a clever idea and my fridge is covered with Disney magnets from WDW and DL.

Only, there's one small problem... on the "D" ticket there's an original attraction on there with the wrong name. "Tropical Seranade" is referred to as "The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management."

Oh well, it made me laugh! It's a clever and inexpensive souvenir and it was fun to see what the original attractions were classified as on the "A" to "E" ticket scale.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: 40th Anniversary Ticket Book Magnets...

If you think that mistake was bad, you should see the 40th Anniversary Medallions that were released. LOL They had a description on the back that had nothing at all to do with WDW. It was about Dave Smith and the Archives and Dave retiring after 40 years or something. LOL
    -Bill

OMG too funny. I love Dave and all, but he should be on a 40th medallion that has to do with the archives, not a park.

Disney has a strange obsession with thinking that everyone loves everything.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Bill, that's a pretty big "OOPS!"

Terrific that Dave Smith and the Archives were commemorated on a coin, but strange that it would be on one that was intended to commemorate the 40th anniversary of WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by RonNYC View Post
    Hello!

Just got back from a terrific (and much needed) 4 1/2 day trip to the World.

I'm loving that Walt Disney World has merchandise to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the resort this year and my favorite nostalgic find was a stack of magnets made to look like an old ticket book.

It's a clever idea and my fridge is covered with Disney magnets from WDW and DL.

Only, there's one small problem... on the "D" ticket there's an original attraction on there with the wrong name. "Tropical Seranade" is referred to as "The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management."

Oh well, it made me laugh! It's a clever and inexpensive souvenir and it was fun to see what the original attractions were classified as on the "A" to "E" ticket scale.
    I have those magnets as well and thought it was weird as well that Enchanted Tiki Room, Under New Management was listed, when it should have been Tropical Serenade. Oh well they probably had some college degreed intern put those together and they never knew that the attraction used to be something different.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

What store did yall get these at? I'll be down there in a couple of weeks for the race in Daytona and was wondering if they are available at DtD...

Edit: I even looked online(including Ebay) for these and all I could find was the pins, but I don't do pins so magnets are the way to go for me..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I picked mine up at the Emporium on Main Street, but also saw them at all the major stores in the parks as well as the gift shop at my hotel.

Fairly certain that World of Disney would have them and the other merchandise that's been released for WDW's 40th.