Talking Avoid extra magic hours at hollywood studios?

So from my older post I noticed that alot of people had some real big problems going to EMH because of crowrds and wait times. Im almost on the edge of having no choice but to plan my day at hollywood studios when EMH is available. I am staying on resort property and I really want to get the money's worth. Is it really that bad as it seems. I am going for two days two parks so should a switch the days around? Want am I REALLY in for? Ive been to hollywood studios on NEW YEARS and It was full to capacity but I was able to do everything I wanted to including waiting 3 hours in line at toy story mania. I dont think nothing to get as worse as that. could it?

Re: Avoid extra magic hours at hollywood studios?

It's not as good as it was a few years ago. I've done it and had no problems with it. I'm a scenery type of guy so if I don't get on much attractions, I'm perfectly okay with it. It's going to be 3 hours of less people. That's always good!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

My family has never had a problem with EMH at DHS. We go the second and third week of August. It does get a little crowded but the lines still seem shorter than during regular hours. If it's a really crowded night, there will sometimes be FPs. I know MiceChatters seem to have mixed feelings about FPs, but (in my opinion) EMHs with FPs and good planning can make for a night with very little waiting on line!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Pfft... are you kidding? Just avoid Hollywood Studios. You'll be much happier, believe me.
    (For the record- I am NOT a fan of DHS)

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDisney View Post
    So from my older post I noticed that alot of people had some real big problems going to EMH because of crowrds and wait times. Im almost on the edge of having no choice but to plan my day at hollywood studios when EMH is available. I am staying on resort property and I really want to get the money's worth. Is it really that bad as it seems. I am going for two days two parks so should a switch the days around? Want am I REALLY in for? Ive been to hollywood studios on NEW YEARS and It was full to capacity but I was able to do everything I wanted to including waiting 3 hours in line at toy story mania. I dont think nothing to get as worse as that. could it?
    Is it morning or evening EMH you are worried about?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Nutty about Disney parks

Hollywood Studios doesn't have that many rides in comparison to the other parks if that is your main concern. I expect your longest wait will be for the new Star Tours if you're going anytime soon. Remember that DAK and DHS are considered half day parks but the wait times for the half a dozen rides that are in these parks usually offset the schedule. DAK is best to be done first thing in the morning and over with and then you can use the rest of that day to visit whatever park you want to spend the most time in. Is DHS the park you want to spend time in the most? How much do you plan to do in MK and Epcot?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Hollywood Studios doesn't have that many rides in comparison to the other parks if that is your main concern. I expect your longest wait will be for the new Star Tours if you're going anytime soon. Remember that DAK and DHS are considered half day parks but the wait times for the half a dozen rides that are in these parks usually offset the schedule. DAK is best to be done first thing in the morning and over with and then you can use the rest of that day to visit whatever park you want to spend the most time in. Is DHS the park you want to spend time in the most? How much do you plan to do in MK and Epcot?
    I will be going to Hollywood Studios for a whole day on a Tuesday. Like I said I went to Hollywood Studios on New Years and the park was closed because it was full to capacity at one point. I still was able to ride all the rides I wanted to and got to see Fantasmic with a almost a front row center seat. The only things I dident ride was Indy, The little mermaid, and Playhouse Disney (and im to old for that so I will always skip it no matter what.) I just dont think that just because it has extra magic hours at night I should not have to go crazy trying to spend my time at another park just because of it. I want to expierence it aswell because I will be a disney resort guest. I think Ive seen the worst crowds already which was on New Years which also had EMH on the same day. I am going to epcot the day before and magic kingdom at night for EMH at that park. I will not spend a whole day because ive been to MK 10 times and ive been to all the other parks only 1 time.

• Timelord

Evening DHS EMH should be no problem. If you look at my trip report from a few weeks ago, the place was dead. TSM was a 15 min wait at max, ST was almost walk on, etc.