Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hollywood studios updates?

So other then the new Star tours update will their be anything new coming to the park? Maybe some brand new attractions coming this year or next year for the anniversary? Updates to shows? New shows? I love Hollywood studios it's one of my favorite parks second to MK but since it's so small I hope there will be more.

Re: Hollywood studios updates?

Hollywood Studios needs a complete overhaul similar how DCA is right now. That park really hasn't gotten a new, unique attraction in over 10 years. It's time to replace all of those old shows with something new, fix Pixarland, Update the muppets with something new and tear down the backlot studios tour. The park was in good shape when it was an actual working studio, but now that all of that is closed down, the park has been falling apart and aging very badly.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well there are the usual suspects in various forms of development.

1. Monsters Inc. indoor coaster
    2. New Muppet Vision Film
    3. the addition of various studios Pixar Studio, Muppet Studio, StarWars Studio, etc
    4. Update to the great movie ride
    5. Replacement of Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    6. A new show to go in the old hunchback theater, now currently housing the Osborne Festival of Lights props behind the San Francisco backdrop.
    7. Removal of the Studio Tour
    8. Cars Land
    9. Update/Removal to Prince Caspian
    10. Update to Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
    11. Removal of Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous
    12. Fantasmic update.

Am I missing any of the rumors or proposed projects?
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post

8. Cars Land
    There was a rumor that Carsland will show up at DHS? Hopefully that one never actually happens.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    There was a rumor that Carsland will show up at DHS? Hopefully that one never actually happens.
    I'd have to agree, I'd like to keep it unique to the west coast, gives me a reason to want to visit there and see something I can't see at WDW..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I know I am a big fan of keeping the parks different... but.... that is the word on the street.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

They are going to bring Carsland to DHS and take away the one thing that makes DCA very much worth visiting, if this is true I'll put off my West Coast visit for even longer...

I'd much rather have the Monsters Inc. Coaster, Updates to the GMR and show updates than to waste the money ruining the uniqueness of the West Coast...

I wonder how many people read these rumors as well as the current offerings and say to themselves, "You know I'll hold off going to Disneyland it costs more to get there, besides WDW has all of the same rides and that anyways so why should I bother?"
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    That park really hasn't gotten a new, unique attraction in over 10 years.
    Ummmm.. Toy Story Mania came within the last what... 5 years?

I really don't think DHS is as bad as everyone says. There just needs to be some coherent theming fixes, a deconstruction of the hat, and a few new rides and we should be golden again. Honestly the idea was always for DHS to be a half day park, so the fact that it takes up a little more than half the day is fine by me. By all means, stretch this out to a full day park, I'd love it even more, I just don't like bagging on it because it more than accomplishes what it set out to do.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post

1. Monsters Inc. indoor coaster
    2. New Muppet Vision Film
    3. the addition of various studios Pixar Studio, Muppet Studio, StarWars Studio, etc
    4. Update to the great movie ride
    5. Replacement of Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    6. A new show to go in the old hunchback theater, now currently housing the Osborne Festival of Lights props behind the San Francisco backdrop.
    7. Removal of the Studio Tour
    8. Cars Land
    9. Update/Removal to Prince Caspian
    10. Update to Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
    11. Removal of Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous
    12. Fantasmic update.

Am I missing any of the rumors or proposed projects?
    this is what i think of the rumors

1. sounds great
    2. very exciting
    3. Pixar studio completion yes, muppet studio definitely, star wars studio as long as it doesn't affect indy
    4. yes but carefully to protect the integrity of the ride
    5. yes or update it
    6. no new show, there are plenty of them at the studios, this would be the perfect location for the muppet movie ride, the most epic ride ever
    7. I wouldnt remove the studios tour, I would create a newer more extensive one on the other side of the road in all of the extra space available there
    8. neverrrrrrrr ever ever
    9. removal for anything please
    10. a few touch ups would be nice
    11. as long as there is something worth while put in its place, preferably relating to abc in someway as it continues the mini land there
    12. updates never hurt

• Mouse at work

What about redoing the Studio Tour with a Blue Sky Cellar at the end of the tour?
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    They are going to bring Carsland to DHS and take away the one thing that makes DCA very much worth visiting, if this is true I'll put off my West Coast visit for even longer...

From the other rumors I've heard, Cars Land is a DCA exclusive. A shiny new land that gives DCA a bit of charm that the other parks don't have: 12 acres devoted to selling billions of dollars in merchandise, and the biggest mountain range in any Disney park.

But... even if DHS does get Cars Land, it will be a VERY LONG TIME after 2012 and there are PLENTY of things at Disneyland that aren't offered at WDW.

I agree with many who have already posted some thoughts. DHS needs a major facelift to half of the park. The "studios" concept should only be reserved for one land. The rest of the park should be as well themed as any other Disney park. The whole "everything is a hot set or in a sound stage" is a tired storytelling tool that tells people that what you are about to experience is fake.

Every other park asks the guests to pretend what they're experiencing is totally real.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

From what I see the park is way too one sided, with the bulk of the popular attractions being located on one side, the park should be balanced out with more things to do on the other side...

I agree with the majority of people that stated that the park should only keep the studios aspect for one land of the park, the rest of the park is marred by incohesion with almost NOTHING to tie it together other than the small strand of what's left of the park's original theme...too many of the parks areas clash with each other IMO...

All I know is that Pixar Studios should be completed, be it that they add a coaster or what, the Muppets Studio could be expanded and the Pizza Planet right there rethemed(it's wierd that you have ALL these Muppet centric buildings and theming and then Toy Story's Pizza Planet right in the courtyard)

Bottom line whatever it is needs to fix these problems and then DHS can realistically be an all day park, with no remaining confusion between the lands..and then DHS can once again be well on the right track...
    -George S. Patton

• Seasick

DHS needs the most attention of any of the North American parks at the moment. There's very few rides, and the shows haven't been updated in a looong time. Toy Story and Star Tours 2 are a start, but it's by far my least favourite Disney park at the moment.

Even American Idol feels cheap. It's a great stage, and a decent show, but it's very obvious they shoehorned it into an existing theater. It's a half-baked effort, and is a perfect example of how little effort Disney is spending on their Orlando property as of late.

It has some flat-out embarrasing aspects, like the awful Sounds Dangerous. This terrible "attraction" comes complete with pre-show trivia about hit ABC shows like The Practice, Home Improvement, and Spin City. Really, they can't even spend a few minutes updating the text-based pre-show?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Well it took me a whole day to complete the park... Maybe because it was new years... But I didn't wait that long except for toy story mania which was like 3 to 4 hours! How long does it usually take some people to complete the park? I was planning on devoting a whole day to it...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast