Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: New Artwork for the Circusland area of the new Fantasyland

Quote Originally Posted by ukulele guy View Post
    the big signs at the train stop seem to indicate there will be some sort of sideshow starring disney characters. So one of the tents is probably that.

A cm told me that there will be an oswald m&g, and it is fairly likely it will be in storybook circus. As a huge fan of oswald, i look forward to it.
    Sweet!!!

• Minion

I agree about loving the feeling of flying dumbo over fantasyland. that was one of the reasons why it was in my favorite attractions list. However as I've said in the past I hold my reservations until I ride it myself, maybe because its in its own themed area the experience and view will be just like your in the movie. We shall just have to wait and see.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Wasn't "Circusland" one of the original concepts of Disneyland?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post

Peace,
    Roo
    This link should answer your question. Good thing I found it as I was about to give you a completely wrong answer until I decided to look it up.

The Neverland Files: Dumbo's Circusland
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RooBear View Post

Peace,
    Roo
    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    This link should answer your question. Good thing I found it as I was about to give you a completely wrong answer until I decided to look it up.

The Neverland Files: Dumbo's Circusland
    The original plans for Mickey Mouse Park, situated next to the Studio in Burbank, did include a circus. There was also the failed Mickey Mouse Club Circus that debuted and closed shortly after Disneyland's opening. Dumbo's Circusland comes later in the 1970s as part of a larger expansion that also included the legendary Discovery Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I second this. I also hope they go more with a classic circus look (1800s-early1900s). That kinda stuff is very nostalgic and romanticised nowadays. A question though...I remember some concept posters being posted for this land and one had one with Pete. What exactly is that poster representing?
    What was the time period in which Dumbo was set? It's been a long time since I've seen it. When I saw the original plans for this, that's kind of what it looked like.

---------- Post added 06-21-2011 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I agree, part of the magic of Dumbo, was feeling like you were flying over Fantasyland. But kids love these things no matter, so YAY... lol

But I agree, I can count the number of times on 1 hand that I visited County Bounty (that was the name right?) It was just so plain.
    But KingEric - now it will be full of whole new lines of Dumbo merchandise! So kids will get off the ride and...well, you know the rest. Forgive me if this is redundant - but has anyone determined if they're using the exact same tent for the gift shop that they used for Toon Town? It might not be as large as the old one?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by celticdar View Post
    What was the time period in which Dumbo was set? It's been a long time since I've seen it. When I saw the original plans for this, that's kind of what it looked like.

But KingEric - now it will be full of whole new lines of Dumbo merchandise! So kids will get off the ride and...well, you know the rest. Forgive me if this is redundant - but has anyone determined if they're using the exact same tent for the gift shop that they used for Toon Town? It might not be as large as the old one?
    Yes dumbo is set in the 1910's at the time Barnum and Bailey joined forces, the height of the traveling circus.

Well from what I've seen on OTPN the only building that hasnt been touched from Toontown fair is County Bounty (not even the sign is missing yet!) so unfortunately, I think its here to stay. Hopefully they will really work hard to re theme the inside.

yes, but didn't know from the moment they announce the changes to the updated fantasyland, changes to include Storybook Circus, that the tents were staying? The artwork clearly showed the tents still there. And tada, today everything has been raised except for those structures that were originally intended to be temporary.

My biggest wish is that they do not move the princess into the space currently occupied by Snow White. The princesses can either stay where they are, and/or move into one of the tents of the Storybook Circus. If they could mess into the toontown fair, way not the Storybook Circus? And keep the attraction or redress the attraction to a different animated featured.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    My biggest wish is that they do not move the princess into the space currently occupied by Snow White. The princesses can either stay where they are, and/or move into one of the tents of the Storybook Circus. If they could mess into the toontown fair, way not the Storybook Circus? And keep the attraction or redress the attraction to a different animated featured.
    I second that thought. I armchair imagineer in my spare time and I can think of a dozen great new dark rides that could use that spot, putting the princesses in there is a waste of the space. Putting them in the Storybook Circus though is a poor idea IMO. I think that TDO has a real opportunity to go all out in this area and make up for some of the problems toontown had and princesses at a county fair were one of those problems. If only they had a new princess meet and greet building in the plans for the fantasyland addition. I think although the main tent was supposed to be temporary, it has a real chance to be a great success if they do a solid rehab on the inside. Its up to them at this point but I will remain hopeful until I see the finished product.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I think there's about a dozen different ways that the Fantasyland Expansion and the lots etc could have been rearranged better to utilize all the land in the back because the tents are gonna be a waste of space that could've been filled with something else (perhaps a permanent meet n greet for Mickey and Friends?)
    Last edited by toonaspie; 06-21-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    yes, but didn't know from the moment they announce the changes to the updated fantasyland, changes to include Storybook Circus, that the tents were staying? The artwork clearly showed the tents still there. And tada, today everything has been raised except for those structures that were originally intended to be temporary.

Yeah, it doesn't quite work for me, either.

If I was planning it, I think I'd leave the Princesses where they are, in their temporary location at the Town Square Theater with Mickey on Main St.

On my last trip, lots of mothers seemed really happy that they could get all their Mickey/Princess pictures in one location. Also, the fact that it's on the stage of a theater kind of relieves any question of whether it fits in the land or not, because anything goes on the stage of a theater.

(I also have sentimental reasons, since I love the current Snow White dark ride. It could use a sprucing up but so could many of the older rides.)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't quite work for me, either.

If I was planning it, I think I'd leave the Princesses where they are, in their temporary location at the Town Square Theater with Mickey on Main St.

On my last trip, lots of mothers seemed really happy that they could get all their Mickey/Princess pictures in one location. Also, the fact that it's on the stage of a theater kind of relieves any question of whether it fits in the land or not, because anything goes on the stage of a theater.

(I also have sentimental reasons, since I love the current Snow White dark ride. It could use a sprucing up but so could many of the older rides.)
    I completely agree with this! does anyone know why they are moving from this location? and who or what will take their place once they are gone??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12