Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

New Artwork for the Circusland area of the new Fantasyland

You can see in better detail the Casey Junior water play area, the dueling dumbos, the rethemed train station, and the Barnstormer rethemed, along with the old Mickey's Birthdayland, Mickey's Starland, Toon Town Fair tents being repurposed yet again.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: New Artwork for the Circusland area of the new Fantasyland

just get rid of the tents.
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

mmm..... I really don't get this. Two dumbos? Why? Forgive me, but I never understood the interest in the Dumbo ride. And the tents? The whole circus theming just strikes me as too tacky for Disney. Not encouraged, here! Seems like a waste of space. I hope the mine coaster, Belle's castle, and Little Mermaid Dark ride make up for this!

Those other few tents look massive! I wonder if it would be possible to have some sort of dark ride in there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Those other few tents look massive! I wonder if it would be possible to have some sort of dark ride in there.
    they are just going to use the same tents that are currently there, and we are assuming that they are going to remain a giftshop, and meet 'n greets.

I understand that giftshops will probably go in there, but why would they keep the meet 'n greets? All those princesses that you use to meet in the tents in toontown will be going into fantasyland, and aren't mickey and minnie now at main street? Other than maybe Goofy and Donald, who could they possibly have to meet and greet?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    mmm..... I really don't get this. Two dumbos? Why? Forgive me, but I never understood the interest in the Dumbo ride. And the tents? The whole circus theming just strikes me as too tacky for Disney. Not encouraged, here! Seems like a waste of space. I hope the mine coaster, Belle's castle, and Little Mermaid Dark ride make up for this!
    The Dumbo ride gets massive lines so a double version is understandable. But it's a bad location and I wish they would lose the interactive circus queue and just put these Dumbos in the heart of Fantasyland where they belong. The view is usually one of the high points of the Dumbo ride and the tents from the circus queue will just obstruct it. If they had done some rearranging with the layout of the Fantasyland Expansion, they could make better use of the land instead of cheapening out by keeping those tents there.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    they are just going to use the same tents that are currently there, and we are assuming that they are going to remain a giftshop, and meet 'n greets.
    That giant tent was a massive giftshop back when it was the Toontown Fair. I didn't like that gift shop cuz if felt like being in a massive warehouse store that was circular in shape. Massive giftshops like that in a theme park will definitely suck all the charm out of the theme park experience. I have a feeling this circus version will be no different. It's a pointless waste to keep those tents around if nothing special's going in them. Perhaps they should've just gone with making that area Pixie Hollow or something like in the original plans or relocated the Mickey and Minnie houses in that corner. This Circusland concept just seems lifeless and once again they are recycling a unimaginative concept in the form of a circus/fair/carnival.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    That giant tent was a massive giftshop back when it was the Toontown Fair. I didn't like that gift shop cuz if felt like being in a massive warehouse store that was circular in shape. Massive giftshops like that in a theme park will definitely suck all the charm out of the theme park experience. I have a feeling this circus version will be no different. It's a pointless waste to keep those tents around if nothing special's going in them. Perhaps they should've just gone with making that area Pixie Hollow or something like in the original plans or relocated the Mickey and Minnie houses in that corner. This Circusland concept just seems lifeless and once again they are recycling a unimaginative concept in the form of a circus/fair/carnival.
    I agree, part of the magic of Dumbo, was feeling like you were flying over Fantasyland. But kids love these things no matter, so YAY... lol

But I agree, I can count the number of times on 1 hand that I visited County Bounty (that was the name right?) It was just so plain. If you want to know how to do the circus theme, look at Circus McGurkus over at Islands of Adventure!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Hmm... just mulling around on what could be in the tents... if they do indeed keep a meet and greet in there, and they're labeling it a mystery... could it be an Oswald m&g? I'm a huge Oswald fan, so this would be amazing for me.

Theme it to the circus' magician's rabbit, or something? Wishful thinking and doubtful it would happen, I know, but it's fun to dream.

• former CM

The Dumbo ride gets massive lines so a double version is understandable. But it's a bad location and I wish they would lose the interactive circus queue and just put these Dumbos in the heart of Fantasyland where they belong. The view is usually one of the high points of the Dumbo ride and the tents from the circus queue will just obstruct it. . .
    Good point, Toonaspie!

The Dumbo ride gets massive lines so a double version is understandable. But it's a bad location and I wish they would lose the interactive circus queue and just put these Dumbos in the heart of Fantasyland where they belong. The view is usually one of the high points of the Dumbo ride and the tents from the circus queue will just obstruct it. If they had done some rearranging with the layout of the Fantasyland Expansion, they could make better use of the land instead of cheapening out by keeping those tents there.

Hmm, I am reminded of the disastrous relocation of the Rockets to ground-level in Disneyland

• formerly very helpful

I've never been a fan of the circus, so I'm a little skeptical. At least, I hope they'll favor a more "classic" circus, style, much like the old Barnum and Bailey's type 1800s style. At least that would bring in a more historical, other-time feel to it, rather than just bland, plain old circus.

I'd rather see a circus theme rather than a toon fair theme.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'd rather see a circus theme rather than a toon fair theme.
    I second this. I also hope they go more with a classic circus look (1800s-early1900s). That kinda stuff is very nostalgic and romanticised nowadays. A question though...I remember some concept posters being posted for this land and one had one with Pete. What exactly is that poster representing?

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Hmm... just mulling around on what could be in the tents... if they do indeed keep a meet and greet in there, and they're labeling it a mystery... could it be an Oswald m&g? I'm a huge Oswald fan, so this would be amazing for me.

Theme it to the circus' magician's rabbit, or something? Wishful thinking and doubtful it would happen, I know, but it's fun to dream.
    The big signs at the train stop seem to indicate there will be some sort of sideshow starring Disney characters. So one of the tents is probably that.

A CM told me that there will be an Oswald M&G, and it is fairly likely it will be in Storybook Circus. As a huge fan of Oswald, I look forward to it.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast