Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Mission space and high blood pressure?

So I was thinking on riding mission space this time around at Epcot since last time I visited I was a little scared to journey on it. But heres my problemo. On our trip since we are going in a very small group and the other people are to scared of tight spaces only me and someone else wll be able to journey on the ride. The problem is that that other person has high blood pressure and im not sure if we should ride it or give it a skip or maybe even go on the Green team instead. He has riden all the rides at MK such as space mountain, splash mountain, big thunder mountain, and even IOA's Harry Potter and the fourbiddean journey so I dont think he will have a problem. Both of us dont have a problem with tight spaces so we are fine there. Could this be too intense for him to ride on the orange team?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Mission space and high blood pressure?

I'd go green. Try it and see how he handles it, I don't think it's too intense. If he has HBP AND is claustrophbic, I'd pass.

• formerly very helpful

I have a heart issue. I rode green and had a fine time. It's good to get the feel of the ride and experience it without putting your body through torture.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It is ultimately a personal choice best made after talking to your doctor. Orange Team is not as many actual Gs as some claim, but they are sustained.

I've only been on the ride once and rode Orange. While I love thrill rides and will go on just about anything, I felt this ride to be very uncomfortable. This is an attraction that needs to be replaced soon. Does anyone actually really enjoy this ride?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I LOVE Mission: Space, Orange Team!!! Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!

But I'd have to say don't go on it if you have high blood pressure (your friend, in this case). I had a hard time breathing, due to the strong Gs. An absolute BLAST for me (I love intense rides), but I can't imagine it would be good for someone with high blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    I've only been on the ride once and rode Orange. While I love thrill rides and will go on just about anything, I felt this ride to be very uncomfortable. This is an attraction that needs to be replaced soon. Does anyone actually really enjoy this ride?
    That's a good question, and the poster after you answered. But I have noticed, that for a thrill ride, the wait time is always pretty low. It doesn't seem to be too popular. This is not an attraction that I want to go on again and again. In fact, I will never go on it again. I've done Orange two or three times. It was... an interesting experience, but I don't know about fun. I didn't throw up or anything, but I didn't feel too great either. And I love The Hulk, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, even Forbidden Journey which many people say made them sick.

I too, would like to see this attraction replaced, preferrably with a themed coaster of some sort. Or some other kind of thrill ride, that doesn't just spin the heck out of you

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    That's a good question, and the poster after you answered. But I have noticed, that for a thrill ride, the wait time is always pretty low.
    The attraction actually has quite an impressive hourly capacity. Across all four centrifuges 160 people can experience the attraction, with a ride time of just under six minutes, you're looking at about 1600 people per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The attraction actually has quite an impressive hourly capacity. Across all four centrifuges 160 people can experience the attraction, with a ride time of just under six minutes, you're looking at about 1600 people per hour.
    Interesting... How does that compare to Test Track? There's always a huge wait for that

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Interesting... How does that compare to Test Track? There's always a huge wait for that
    I do not know anything specific (not even enough to guess like I did with Mission: SPACE) but I do know it is usually described as being rather low. The ride system is supposedly still sensitive at times and they also stop sending passengers through while it is raining (from personal experience I can say it is not pleasant in the rain) so those would also cause delays.

That's a good question, and the poster after you answered. But I have noticed, that for a thrill ride, the wait time is always pretty low. It doesn't seem to be too popular. This is not an attraction that I want to go on again and again. In fact, I will never go on it again. I've done Orange two or three times. It was... an interesting experience, but I don't know about fun. I didn't throw up or anything, but I didn't feel too great either. And I love The Hulk, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, even Forbidden Journey which many people say made them sick.

I too, would like to see this attraction replaced, preferrably with a themed coaster of some sort. Or some other kind of thrill ride, that doesn't just spin the heck out of you
    I feel the same. I personally love all thrill rides...I'll go on just about anything. However, I don't feel a "thrill" from Mission Space. I don't understand how being crammed in a small box, feeling a few G forces and pushing a few buttons on a screen is a thrill ride. I don't plan on riding it again. A waste of money and space in my opinion...

• formerly very helpful

^^^And the real tragedy for me is they got rid of Horizons for it. It's hard not to be more than just a little resentful.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Unless you have motion sickness or claustrophobia issues, I just don't see how it ISN'T thrilling!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've ridden both Orange and Green and these days I prefer Green. Orange gave me a really bad headache, but Green isn't any less thrilling, it just doesn't spin like Orange does, but because of the screen in front of you, you got the illusion you're moving anyway.

But your friend should talk to his doctor just to be sure.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by DreamsofColor View Post
    My wife and I are "seniors" and we both love Mission:Space. And we always ride Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I LOVE Mission: Space, Orange Team!!! Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!

But I'd have to say don't go on it if you have high blood pressure (your friend, in this case). I had a hard time breathing, due to the strong Gs. An absolute BLAST for me (I love intense rides), but I can't imagine it would be good for someone with high blood pressure.
    I'm not sure it would be a problem for someone who's BP is under control. I'd wonder if the "strong Gs" would cause someone with low BP to faint, due to blood pooling away from a person's head.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast