Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Talking The super-happy WDW is perfect for me thread!

The purpose of this thread is to share specifics about what you love about Walt Disney World
    & to provide a happy, safe outlet
    for those offended & threatened by constructive criticism on other threads.

OK, I'll start it:
    All four of the theme parks, the two water parks, the resorts, restaurants, that sports complex, Downtown Disney, the busses, boats and monorails, the speedway, kennel and all of it.

And that's just to start! Now to get more specific:

The castle
    The Vegas-scale capitalist chutzpah
    The chef at the the fancy Wilderness Lodge restaurant who heard that my wife was a vegetarian and came out a planned a wonderful meal for her and only charged us six bucks for it.
    The design of the AKL and the Wilderness Lodge.
    The Haunted Mansion, the Peoplemover, The Hall of Presidents, The Carousel of Progress, EPCOT--just about all of it.
    The Magic Kingdom parking lot (Does it still have trees?) and all the excitement that builds from the drive to it till one can see the Castle on Main Street. (The parking lot tram, the monorail or boat.)
    The humidity (Since we don't really have humidity in S. California.)
    Being around thousands of others from all over who are also on vacation. (Also what I love about Disneyland Paris, btw.)
    The underrated town of Celebration.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 06-20-2011 at 06:37 AM.

• Mostly Harmless.

re: The super-happy WDW is perfect for me thread!

I guess in keeping with tradition this is where I need to complain about everything...

I love the food. I'm not a big eater, but the choice and the eateries that I have been to there are awesome. Ohana, Mama Melrose, Scifi, Prime Time, Yak & Yeti, just to name a few. I have yet to be disappointed by a sit down meal there.
    I guess one of the best things that happened at WDW that really made me happy was at DAK. My son did something nice for somebody ( I really can't remember what it was) and a young cast member saw it. He came and talked to us and the drug us over to an ice cream cart and gave both of the kids an ice cream treat and my son a certificate. It was one of those things that just meant the world to my kids and I thought it was cool. I guess whoever you ask customer service is either good or just sucks, but because of this experience I would say its great.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I can't help but feel like there's some mocking going on here...

• former CM

The super-happy WDW is perfect for me thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I can't help but feel like there's some mocking going on here...
    I was sincere in listing some of the the things I love about Walt Disney World.

But I knew when I tried to start a thread to focus on things that should be fixed
    that people would criticize those who are trying to make constructive criticisms in order to get things repaired. I asked people not do this in the first post of that thread, but they did anyway, so I started this thread to provide an outlet for optimists who refuse to stop smiling when things don't work. I hope that this venue will let them vent their love and maybe let the other thread focus on flaws to be fixed.

• Mostly Harmless.

^^^ Ya think? I kinda hope jcruise is being sincere in his starting a thread, but... ehh.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• former CM

Re: The super-happy WDW is perfect for me thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    ^^^ Ya think? I kinda hope jcruise is being sincere in his starting a thread, but... ehh.
    I was!

I love Walt Disney World and all Disney parks, except for the studios park in Paris--I hated that place when I was there about eight years ago. And Disney's Florida Studios park--I just like that one.

I did mean for this tread to be a happy place where kids of all ages could express and celebrate their "Songs of Innocence" about the second happiest place on earth.

If you Google or Youtube "funny language course" you will see a
    TV segment about my sincerity. (I'm the one in the fake mustache.)
    Or Google "Chuck Norris at Disneyland" to see my sincere tributes both Chuck and Disneyland.

I am always sincere.

P.S. I hope my typo with the word "super" in the thread title [now fixed] didn't bother anyone in the least. Did it undermine the credibility of the thread, or was it just like a mere dozen burned-out light bulbs on Main Street or a little graffiti on the wall of smelly restroom, and not something that could possibly put off a sane Disney-loving guest?

Who needs critics? Didn't "Ratatouille" kill them off? Why read movie reviews via Metcritic.com, when studio marketers are so much more trustworthy? A negative opinion (Yuck! Eww!) vs. a beautifully edited preview or commercial? Hello!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-28-2011 at 08:11 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have seen it happen many many times here at MiceChat. Someone honestly wants to start a positive thread, where posters are asked to respond positively about a certain subject. They are then cautioned, encouraged, advised, and reasoned with to keep it positive. Putting that spin on things, more times than not doesn't work.

Be careful what you ask for, or in this case how you ask for it.

• Mostly Harmless.

Jcruise, I'm just picking on you, if I didn't feel it was sincere I wouldn't have jumped at the first post...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My very first visit to a Disney themepark was back in 1997. I went to Walt Disney World with my grandson and my husband. Quite frankly, I fell in love with the place, and I couldn't wait to get the opportunity to go back again. That didn't happen until 2003, and I found the world, of Disney World, as wonderful as I had first experienced.

I love all four of the parks at Disney World with the Magic Kingdom being my favorite of the bunch. From the moment I get off the plane in Orlando, all I can think about is how much fun I am going to have. There are the rides of course, but there's so much more. There's the fact that the outside world is really outside. I don't have to see, or think about any of it at all until I get back on that plane and head back home. Perhaps the only contact might be a "check in phone call with the hubby each day'. Then he cuts it short, just to make sure that I am fine, and having a great time.

I love it all. The characters, the resorts, the parades, and shows. Riding the monorail, still has a magical feel for me. I love seeing it go through the Contemporary hotel on one side, and coming out the other side knowing that guests are on their way to a magical experience somewhere in Disney World.

I can never take enough pictures. I also do so many different things on each of my trips. I have developed a few traditions, but I am also always delighted to discover new stuff.

I haven't been to Disney World since 09, and I am not sure when I will be able to afford a return trip. I would say that "perfect" is a hard label to live up to. I do know that I want to return and see what new things have been added since I was last there. Traveling to Disney World is a bit costly for me.I am perfectly happy to wait until I can afford a return trip, and I am sure that I will have a perfectly marvelous time when I do get back.

This is a silly thing, but I love that there are Icecream Kiosks everywhere. I can get a Mickey Mouse shaped icecream sandwich the second I realize I want one.

I love the efficient, airconditioned or shaded queues, on rides like Pirates, IASW, and HM. I'm not a big fan of standing in the sun, even if it's not crazy-hot.

I love that the waitress in Prime Time Cafe calls my son "Skippy" and makes him put his napkin in his lap.

I love the lights on the castle at Christmastime.

I love the canons timed with the music during "Wishes"

I love having a hot dog and a beer before "Fantasmic!"

I love the (relatively) new creepy-wallpaper face effect in Haunted Mansion

Love, love LOVE peoplemover. (Why? Who knows why? It's one of life's greatest mysteries)

I love those frozen margaritas with the layers of different colors at Epcot

I love the queue for the Nemo ride

I love the sandpail full of icecream at Blizzard Beach

I love the creepy 1930s atmosphere of Tower of Terror

I love it when Steven Tyler makes that weird hand gesture on his forehead and says "Wait a minute... I love that idea" (Rocknrollercoaster)

Love the front row of Expedition Everest

Love the "One stop shopping" single-line-for-several characters in Epcot

That's all I can think of off the top of my head

• formerly very helpful

I love the immersion. Since I always stay on property, even when I leave the park for the day, I'm still there.

Great selection of food, especially at EPCOT.

Some rides that are gone at Disneyland are there in WDW, such as People Mover and Country Bears.

And I really do like the humidity. It's like even the air is different.

• former CM

The super-happy WDW is perfect for me thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My very first visit to a Disney themepark was back in 1997. I went to Walt Disney World with my grandson and my husband. Quite frankly, I fell in love with the place, and I couldn't wait to get the opportunity to go back again. That didn't happen until 2003, and I found the world, of Disney World, as wonderful as I had first experienced.

I love all four of the parks at Disney World with the Magic Kingdom being my favorite of the bunch. From the moment I get off the plane in Orlando, all I can think about is how much fun I am going to have. There are the rides of course, but there's so much more. There's the fact that the outside world is really outside. I don't have to see, or think about any of it at all until I get back on that plane and head back home. Perhaps the only contact might be a "check in phone call with the hubby each day'. Then he cuts it short, just to make sure that I am fine, and having a great time.

I love it all. The characters, the resorts, the parades, and shows. Riding the monorail, still has a magical feel for me. I love seeing it go through the Contemporary hotel on one side, and coming out the other side knowing that guests are on their way to a magical experience somewhere in Disney World.

I can never take enough pictures. I also do so many different things on each of my trips. I have developed a few traditions, but I am also always delighted to discover new stuff. . .
    Good post, Barbaraann. And Coastierox, it's all good! (Won't that sentence be dated in a year.)

I fell in love with Walt Disney World in the summer of 1972, the first summer it was open, the summer right before I turned eight. (It opened on Oct. of 1971.) We returned each summer till I finished high school and went off to college. I looked forward to our day in the Magic Kingdom far more than I looked forward to my birthday or Christmas.

The best part was seeing the castle from Main Street after waiting a year, driving 1,400 miles, taking the parking tram, and then the monorail. It's like the nostalgia felt by the protagonist in Woody Allen's excellent new movie, "Midnight in Paris," except that I actually visited the place of of my dreams, and I want to take my daughter there in all its delightful fake magic.

I went to college in S. California so I could work at Disneyland.

Disneyland and WDW have been twins haunting my dreams, though they are always different in my dreams.

I took my wife to Disneyland on our first date--lunch at the Blue Bayou. She had never been to a Disney park and was kind of a New York City snob, but she loved it, so she was marriage material.

I went to law school because I wanted to become Frank Wells, and I went to USC's film school because I wanted run Disney studios. Not too likely now.

My daughter and I went to Knott's yesterday, but that park is just a weak substitute till we buy deluxe APs in the fall of 2012--after the construction has subsided and after the impending Carsland-mania of the summer of 2012. I hope they learned from the opening of EPCOT's Test Track and that the cars work right from the start. I hope we can all go to WDW in Jan. of 2014 after the moderately ambitious new Fantasyland opens. And we'll hopefully swing by Universal for a couple of nights to see the Disneyier than Disney Harry Potter area of Islands of Adventure. If Burke keeps improving Universal's Parks and if Katzenberg's animation studio keeps earning more $$$ at the box office than Pixar, wouldn't those two be a great team to run Disney?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 08-28-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I took my wife there on our first date--lunch at the Blue Bayou. She had never been and was kind of a New York City snob, but she loved it, so she was marriage material.
    love this!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Resort Wise
    • Four distinctively unique themed parks
    • Isolation from urban sprawl
    • tropical location
    • Monorail traveling between hotels and parks (even if it is only 3 and 2 of them respectively)
    • Uniquely themed resort hotels at various rates (varied from movie themes to exotic to elegant)
    • two water parks (though I have yet to visit them)
    • A Downtown Disney located on a waterfront
    • hotels located on Seven Seas lagoon (great locations for seeing Magic Kingdom fireworks)
    • Cresent Lake/Boardwalk area
    Magic Kingdom
    • located along a waterfront
    • tall and stately Cinderella Castle w/ a restaraunt, boutique, AND suite inside
    • castle shows (Christmas lighting show is my favorite)
    • Frontierland (visiting heron and wildlife adds to the atmosphere)
    • upcoming BatB and Mermaid additions to Fantasyland
    • Jungle Cruise
    • Tom Sawyer Island (thankfully pirate free)
    • Liberty Square
    • Carousel of Progress
    • Country Bear Jamboree
    • TTA
    • Tony's Town Square Restaraunt
    • Nightime parades (I like both Main Street Electrical and Spectromagic)
    Epcot
    • Spaceship Earth (includes great nighttime lighting)
    • everything in World Showcase
    • Living with the Land
    • Soarin'
    • Illuminations
    • Future World fountains
    Hollywood Studios
    • The Great Movie Ride
    • Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard (great arhcitecture and streetmosphere that really takes back in time)
    • Star Tours (most people don't like the former backlot setting for this ride but it doesn't bother me at all)
    • Indiana Jones Adventure
    • Tower of Terror
    • Muppet 3D
    • great promotional events (this park usually holds the best parades and shows to promote upcoming Disney films)
    Animal Kingdom
    • amazing nature theming
    • Tree of Life
    • IITBAB (even the lobby is amazingly themed!)
    • Africa section (and the Safari)
    • Asia section (includes KRR and EE)
    • lots of isolated pathways
    • animal exhibits
    • streetmosphere and parades
    • Dinosaur ride
    I'll update if I think of anything else later

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I love the immersion. Since I always stay on property, even when I leave the park for the day, I'm still there.

Great selection of food, especially at EPCOT.

Some rides that are gone at Disneyland are there in WDW, such as People Mover and Country Bears.

And I really do like the humidity. It's like even the air is different.
    I love the immersion too - it's my favorite thing about the resort. I basically move in for a week and make it my home.

Seriously though, you like the humidity? You're ahead of me because the humidity, coupled with hot temperatures, completely sucks the energy out of me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast