Wink Monerail from epcot to magic kingdom?

So if I get on the Monerail at Epcot at park closing to MK which closes later at night, will the Monerail from Epcot take me straight to MK or will I need to get off somewhere and get on another train? Im guessing it goes by the resorts first and the parking lot and then it drops us off at MK main entrance last?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Monerail from epcot to magic kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDisney View Post
    So if I get on the Monerail at Epcot at park closing to MK which closes later at night, will the Monerail from Epcot take me straight to MK or will I need to get off somewhere and get on another train? Im guessing it goes by the resorts first and the parking lot and then it drops us off at MK main entrance last?
    Monorail from EPCOT takes you to the Ticket Transportation Center (TTC). From there you transfer to either another monorail to the MK, or take the ferry over to the MK.

The EPCOT monorail loop is separate from the Monorail loops that goto the MK. They meet at the TTC. There are two MK loops, the resort loop and the express loop. Express goes only between TTC and MK. The Resort loop stops at both and the resorts (Grand Floridian, Poly, and Contemp)
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Now, something to be concerned about is, if you are leaving EPCOT at EPCOT's closing to head to the MK, and you leave your car at EPCOT, it might not be that easy to get back to. Keep that in mind.

Will you have a rental car?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Pilot EdForceOne

they keep running trains to epcot until after MK closes for this reason
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Ah, okay...can you tell I drive myself everywhere? Benefits of being a local.

You should have let me know you're in town, btw...I know some great little shops for coffee and whatnots!

Peace and thanks,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

So you have to go on the monorail again and go back to epcot to get your car? Im not renting a car by the way its my car. This is confusing. lol

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Depends where you park. If I were you, I'd just park in the MK lot, then take the monorail to and from Epcot from there, then take the monorail to and from the MK from there.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Depends where you park. If I were you, I'd just park in the MK lot, then take the monorail to and from Epcot from there, then take the monorail to and from the MK from there.
    Yes. The "MK lot" is actually the Ticket and Transportation center. It is the only parking for MK. Epcot has it's own parking, or you can park at the Magic Kingdom/Ticket and Transportation Center lot and monorail to Epcot. Since you want to go to MK at night, this is what you should do, so when you're done at MK your car will be closer. When you arrive in the morning, follow signs to Magic Kingdom, (even though you are going to Epcot), and park there, at the Ticket and Transportation Center. From here, you can take a monorail to Epcot. When you're done at Epcot, take the monorail back to the Ticket and Transportation Center. Get off, then get on the express monorail to the Magic Kingdom. Then when you are done for the night, your car is at the Ticket and Transportation center, a short monorail ride away (or the ferry, if you prefer)

Still confused?

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Unless of course you are not driving. Than don't worry where you parked your car. If you are staying on property you can catch the bus or monorail from MK when you are done back to the hotels.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

I've parked my car at Epcot and went to the Magic Kingdom and got back to my car hours after Epcot closed. It should be fine.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I did this last night. Parked at Epcot, went to MK for the fireworks. I was able to take the monorail to Epcot an hour and a half after Epcot had closed. Typically though, they stop monorail service an hour after the latest park closes.

The Monorail line to EPCOT does close after EPCOT closes and the Magic Kingdom is open late. The EPCOT line will typically close about 90 minutes after EPCOT closes. If you parked at EPCOT you will need to get on the Hollywood Studios bus at the TTC and tell the driver that your car is at EPCOT. They will then make a stop at EPCOT. Buses will run to the parks from the TTC until about an hour after the latest park closes.

Starting July 11th the EPCOT Monorail will close one hour after EPCOT's normal business hours. After the one hour time frame guests will need to take buses to their hotels. On Extra Magic Hour nights, the Monorail will close down 1 hour after the normal park close. Extra buses will be available to take guests to the Magic Kingdom area resorts.

Starting August 1, 2011, The Magic Kingdom Monorails (Resorts and Express) will close 1 hour after the published park regular closing time. This will also include Extra Magic Hours. For guests staying in Magic Kingdom Resorts, additional Watercraft and buses will be available.

This is being done so that the needed maintenance can be done to the monorails trains and the beams themselves.