Move the Princess Meet & Greet to the Village Haus

Either keep the traditional Snow White Ride as is or convert to another dark element ride.

Then close the Village Haus as with the two new restaurants and a virtually always dormant Tommorrowland Terrace dining needs are not as prevalent as ride capacity needs.

This allows for ride capactiy to further increase or not decrease depending on your view, allows for the character greets in their native fantastyland.

Down the road isnt it ineviatble to see a downturn in the Village Haus sales with the BatB restaurants online but t that point it would be to late to save the ride platform.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: Move the Princess Meet & Greet to the Village Haus

I dont mind the addition of Belle's house, and Beast's castle w/ the restaurant inside, but the addition of the village from the movie on top of all that is a bit of an overkill and I kinda wish they had made it a non movie-specific village. In fact I think that village would make for a good meet in greet spot for all the other Disney princess instead of tearing down the old Snow White ride, which will be deeply miss. We can only hope that the new roller coaster and the Batb restaurants, eases crowds in other restaurants without forcing them to shut down or cut back on hours. The latter I'm more worried about.

The idea of Gaston's doesn't seem all that appealing. As the movie shows, it's a tavern foremost yet no alcohol will be served. Therefore the idea is pointless and doesn't really work as anymore than another standard eatery.

No! Never! The Village Haus is my favorite place to eat at the Magic Kingdom! It may not serve the best food on the planet, but I've got good memories of that place! Anyways, I agree that Snow white should be rebuilt into a new dark ride, but that would bring up the question of where the princesses would go. Personally, I think they should have used the skyway station area as the princess m/g. Actually, I agree with the guy above me. The whole belle's village area is a bit of an overkill. They should have at the most, built a beauty and the beast dark ride in it's spot. Or they could have used that little area as a place for the princesses.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I completely understand the point that they probably don't need that many restaurants in one land. Especially when one of them is as huge as the Village Haus. During the day They will have three fast food locations and one sit down. At night, when Be Our Guest goes sit down, they will have too of each. Hopefully this strategy will just keep the lines short and not result in in the Haus going down the road of the Tomorrowland Terrace. Wasted space really is, well, a waste.

On the other hand I love the Village Haus, especially sitting by the windows overlooking It's A Small World. It is also the only place where Pinocchio (arguably Disney's best film) is represented in the parks. I also prefer roaming characters over static meet and greet locations. I agree that they should have used a generic village theme instead of one from a single movie so they could shove the princesses in there.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

Im not sure about future plans, but why do the princesses have to move at all? Why cant they stay in the theater with mickey and minnie?

• Minion

ORGOCH: What's with all this wantin' ta invade an' evict poor old Gepedaphile's territory all of a sudden? They already did it in Dizzyland when Rapurplepunzel went an' over-took his livelyhood by stealin' his gift shop. Now some of ya's suggestin' they take over the poor old man's rest'raunt in Florida?? Shameful! How's a poor jerk supposed ta support hisself an' his brat these days if'n all the prissy princesses goes an' takes over all his places a business?? I say leave him an' Pinocchi-yo-yo alone with no more strings attached!!!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    No! Never! The Village Haus is my favorite place to eat at the Magic Kingdom! It may not serve the best food on the planet, but I've got good memories of that place! Anyways, I agree that Snow white should be rebuilt into a new dark ride, but that would bring up the question of where the princesses would go. Personally, I think they should have used the skyway station area as the princess m/g. Actually, I agree with the guy above me. The whole belle's village area is a bit of an overkill. They should have at the most, built a beauty and the beast dark ride in it's spot. Or they could have used that little area as a place for the princesses.
    Teehee, I'm a chick but it's all good.

Anyway to add to what I said, I hope they turn the Be Our Guest restaurant into a hardcore dinner show. It looks like from the concept art they plan to have some of the characters wheeled around by the waiters to visit tables but a dinner show would add more spice and would provide a unique guest dining experience. Maybe it'll be something similar to the Disney Cruise Lines restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Im not sure about future plans, but why do the princesses have to move at all? Why cant they stay in the theater with mickey and minnie?
    The princesses belong in Fantasyland so we can't blame them for that. I just wish they had themed that coaster after another film instead of providing a means to tear out the dark ride.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Teehee, I'm a chick but it's all good.
    Oops! Sorry.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Yeah, having just three counters during the day and two at night, would seem pointless. But I think why didn't they just move the princess's to the skyway was because, after hearing the news (?) of a new entrance to LibSq and restrooms, is why they couldn't move it there; and why not to the Pinocchio's Village Haus was because they need all the dining air conditioned options places they can get, counting it and Cinderella's Royal Table, makes two indoor places.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Everyone neat and pretty?

How long will the Princess be at the new location daily? If they go aren't there past 6 pm is this lost/dead space every evening? I can't remember any Disney park that has had face characters out and about after dark. A few times during the summer I have seen this but it is very rare.
    Also off topic, is part of the upgrade of Fantasyland to get rid of those tacky metal facades at the attractions? They have always seemed so out of place.
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

The question is pretty simple would you trade the Village Haus for Snow White or another ride (i.e. Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland or even a Pinnochio Ride)

The Princess meet and greet is coming but with the new BATB restaurants already unde construction does the Village Hause become a Tortuga Tavern or Tommorrowland Terrace in volume with early closures and seasonal due to business.