What are the fireworks behind Fantasmic?

Just saw Fantasmic! last night. I loved it as always, (yes Disneyland's is much better, but that's for another thread). I haven't seen it since Christmas.

A few minutes before the show, some fireworks were visible behind, and to the left of the stage, most hidden by trees, but some high enough/bright enough to be seen through and above the trees. It was definitely close. Definitely not part of the show, the show hadn't even started yet. Does anyone know what these fireworks are? Some new HS show? These fireworks continued for the first several minutes of the show, and it was distracting to say the least. The darkness of the show, the glowing flower-thing, the water/animation, all somewhat wrecked by bright flashing lights and booming sounds coming from behind (and to the left of) the stage.

One more thing: doesn't the dragon go back to where he came after mickey pulls the sword from the rock? I mean, hidden from the audience? The dragon remained on stage, visible but lifeless, even as we exited after the show. I think I saw him move a little bit as we were leaving. Wonder if he got put away in time for the 10:30.

???

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: What are the fireworks behind Fantasmic?

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    Just saw Fantasmic! last night. I loved it as always, (yes Disneyland's is much better, but that's for another thread). I haven't seen it since Christmas.

A few minutes before the show, some fireworks were visible behind, and to the left of the stage, most hidden by trees, but some high enough/bright enough to be seen through and above the trees. It was definitely close. Definitely not part of the show, the show hadn't even started yet. Does anyone know what these fireworks are? Some new HS show? These fireworks continued for the first several minutes of the show, and it was distracting to say the least. The darkness of the show, the glowing flower-thing, the water/animation, all somewhat wrecked by bright flashing lights and booming sounds coming from behind (and to the left of) the stage.

One more thing: doesn't the dragon go back to where he came after mickey pulls the sword from the rock? I mean, hidden from the audience? The dragon remained on stage, visible but lifeless, even as we exited after the show. I think I saw him move a little bit as we were leaving. Wonder if he got put away in time for the 10:30.

???

What time was the Fantasmic show you saw? I would guess it was Illuminations. Illuminations is usually 9PM.

Also, the dragon is supposed to go away. Must have been a glitch.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Metro-Retro Historian

It possibly could have been Illuminations.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Illuminations? Well, looking at the map, that must be it.

The thing I don't understand is this: I've seen fantasmic probably twenty times in the last ten or fifteen years. Given that both Illuminations and Fantasmic frequently show at 9pm (someone correct me if I'm wrong), then how is it I've never, ever seen fireworks behind the fantasmic stage before? Perhaps there used to be trees or some other obstruction? I'm telling you guys, these fireworks were bright and distracting, and took away from the quality of the show.

Am I completely losing my mind here? Anyone else ever seen Illuminations from the Fantasmic stadium?
    Last edited by lily23; 06-28-2011 at 12:52 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The thing I don't understand is this: I've seen fantasmic probably twenty times in the last ten or fifteen years. Given that both Illuminations and Fantasmic frequently show at 9pm (someone correct me if I'm wrong), then how is it I've never, ever seen fireworks behind the fantasmic stage before? Perhaps there used to be trees or some other obstruction? I'm telling you guys, these fireworks were bright and distracting, and took away from the quality of the show.

Am I completely losing my mind here? Anyone else ever seen Illuminations from the Fantasmic stadium?
    Perhaps there was a delay in Illuminations that caused its showing? I've never seen Fantasmic at 9, but I thought the early show was was usually 9:30? Perhaps I'm off too.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Every time I have been at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater while IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth was being presented I could see the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Every time I have been at the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater while IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth was being presented I could see the fireworks.
    Really? Well that answers my question, thanks!

perhaps I've missed it from usually seeing the show in the winter, at a time earlier than 9.
    I definitely prefer it without illuminations in the background!

Definately Illuminations. When I was there last July, I noticed it. You can see lasers and flashes on the right hand side of the stage.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

There were some fireworks that night over at Wide World of Sports

It was definitely Illuminations, depending on where your sitting in the amphitheater makes it easier to see them. The best area to watch Illuminations during Fantasmic(why would anyone do this?) is the right hand standing room area if you are facing the stage.
    Toy Story Midway Mania Guide post Toy Story 3 Update:
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...ore-guide.html

My journey to 592k on Toy Story Midway Mania(WDW):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2vD3XRUyOc

Check out my YouTube channel, constantly taking video of the Fantasyland construction and currently taking requests on my channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/BeAPartOfTheMagic