Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Studios question

I'm sure it's been asked before, but in the Disney Studios, when are they gonna put something in the old Superstar TV building? It's so boring and empty!

• Banned User

Re: Studios question

As far as I know... nothing is being planned for that area. They seem to only use it during special events, such as Soap weekend and Star Wars weeks..

• Banned User

What a rip off.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

What is the rip off?????

BUt there is a rumor going around about them getting rid of that grouping of buildings and putting something in its place but who knows?

But what is the rip off?

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Banned User

The rip off IMHO is...that at WDW, a one day ticket pass for every park is the most expensive of any of the other DL resorts, and you get the least to do per park. (International park exceptions: WDSP & HLDL but you only pay about $38 per day over there)
    Why are they charging $61+ to go to MGM for one day when you can pay $50 to enter TDL and see 5 times as much??? Get my point?

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    The rip off IMHO is...that at WDW, a one day ticket pass for every park is the most expensive of any of the other DL resorts, and you get the least to do per park. (International park exceptions: WDSP & HLDL but you only pay about $38 per day over there)
    Why are they charging $61+ to go to MGM for one day when you can pay $50 to enter TDL and see 5 times as much??? Get my point?
    It costs the same amount to go to Sea World...I'll take MGM, myself. And comparing it with TDL doesn't make too much sense since there is no competition between the two. Disney competes with the Florida parks, and the Orlando area parks charge the same amount for a lower quality product, so Disney is better. That is all they need to worry about.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yes compared to SeaWorld I'd take mGM anyday over SeasWorld's 1 coaster and flume (animals...phooey. Not an attraction).

There is a rumor that a ride will be going inot that MGM area though.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

My answer to people who say "I can't beleive how much they are charging to get into the park" don't pay it. They do not make people go to the park we all want to go...yes it is expensive but what are you going to do about it? You can go or not go that is it.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Yes compared to SeaWorld I'd take mGM anyday over SeasWorld's 1 coaster and flume (animals...phooey. Not an attraction).

There is a rumor that a ride will be going inot that MGM area though.
    I wonder what kind of ride...it would be welcome though. I don't think very many people would miss Sounds Dangerous!...it was good for a couple years but I've lost interest in it. That particular part of the park could use a retheming, since it is somewhat of a lapse in the park's theme, and should serve as a nice transition b/t Hollywood Blvd. and the rest of the park.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    And comparing it with TDL doesn't make too much sense since there is no competition between the two. Disney competes with the Florida parks, and the Orlando area parks charge the same amount for a lower quality product, so Disney is better.
    Disney is better...well that could be debated but I won't go into that here.
    As for comparing it with TDL... my rationale is ...why are there 2 so-called Disney parks...one offering more and charging less, while the smaller one is charging more??? But your point about competing with Universal, Sea World and Busch (the cleanest park in Florida) is well taken.

Disney is better...well that could be debated but I won't go into that here.
    As for comparing it with TDL... my rationale is ...why are there 2 so-called Disney parks...one offering more and charging less, while the smaller one is charging more??? But your point about competing with Universal, Sea World and Busch (the cleanest park in Florida) is well taken.
    I'm not saying it's RIGHT that TDL has better offerings--I'm sure we'd all like to have some of those rides come over state-side, it just isn't a factor in determining admission charges (since no one will deny that regardless of the park admission differences, it is far more expensive for an American to go to TDL than to a domestic resort)
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

I guess I see what you mean... still I personally hate it that it costs the most to visit WDW parks when the other Disneylands charge less per day tickets and have morerides and entertainment to offer. It's just me.

• Banned User

At this point I'd almost take the Doug show back over empty space.

I guess I see what you mean... still I personally hate it that it costs the most to visit WDW parks when the other Disneylands charge less per day tickets and have morerides and entertainment to offer. It's just me.
    That's by design. They want you to take a vacation to WDW (which most people do), not a day trip. If you spend a week or more at WDW, your per-day cost is less than the other resorts, and with park hopping, you get much more at WDW than the other resorts.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Whatchu got against Shamu?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast