Destiny Islands, Twilight town, Hollow Bastion... ya, i travel alot....

Cosplay at Disney as a face character?

So I've been told more than once that I look kinda like sora from kingdom hearts 2(please click this link to see picture of me) profile pic by ~sandercohen13 on deviantART. Here is a picture of sora ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting . Now I want to go to either disneyworld or Disneyland dressed as sora and wi my hair fixed like his. Do you guys think I can or do you think people will confuse me for a cast member since I look kinda like him plus I'm in the costume?

• Life Long Disney Fan

Re: Cosplay at Disney as a face character?

If I'm not mistaken, Disney does not allow adults to enter the parks in costume. This is, of course not the case during the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, but otherwise they do not allow it. They say it is done to avoid confusing their young guests.

That's just what I heard, but someone on here probably knows more about this than me and will be able to give you a definite answer.

Ya that's what I'm worried about... But I've seen others do it but then again they weren't very good at it...

When anime expo was held at the anahiem convention center, they would allow people in cosplay into the parks. It was pretty cool. But other than that and the halloween party I.have heard you are not allowed in costume as an adult but I'm sure you can try. As long as you dont bring n a keyblade, sora isn't a true disney character so I doubt you will be mistaken for a cast member, you might just get stopped by some kh fans out there.
    I was at dland for goth day and some of those clothes were pretty costume like. But I say you have a chance but be prepared to be denied as well.

Ya I might actualy do it. I'm not sure though because my friend right now is saying not to do it because I look way to much like him. I could possibly just wear my hair like his though, an then kh fans would still recognize me as sora.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Just beware if you do it and you manage to get into the parks, DO NOT pose for photos or sign autographs if people happen to recognize who you're supposed to be and approach you. That is a HUGE no-no (even during the Halloween parties) and you'll be asked to leave the park.

Mkay, now what about at downtown Disney?

That might be easier to get away with, but still risky.

Well see ive seen people get away with it but they wernt good at cosplaying as sora at all, and see I'm worried since I do looks much like him as anyone disney pick to dress up as him that I would get kicked out... I just don't know what to do....

• Minion

I read an interview with a woman who was chucked out for wearing a generic princess-style dress.

Well I could kinda see why that would be more unacceptable then sora. After all, soras cloths look kinda like just what a goth would wear, and he's only fifteen and so am I. So I'm not really sure. They legally can't have anyone as a face character unless they're 18 ( so I've heard ) so I don't think I could be confused for someone who worked there. I might as well just try it at downtown Disney, and see if anyone asks to take pictures with me, and if they do I won't actualy do it at the park. Though I think they will take pictures with me though, because I wore just a sora necklace and my hair like his once and people thought I was him....

If you REALLY want to go to the park dressed as Sora, wait until the Halloween parties start and go then if you can. That way you're not taking any un-necessary risks and you can go all-out with your costume.

Ya my dad just told me we might actualy be going to Disneyland for Halloween. And it's probaly a good idea just to wait u til then because I was planning on even spraying my hair lighter and possibly getting blue eye contacts. So I might as well just wait

• Shubisha

WDW seems to have a slightly less strict policy than Disneyland. But not entirely.. I've just seen some people that are clearly past the allowed age dressed up. And then there's a lot of girls that squeeze into the toddler princess dresses Disney sells :P

Ya I think it honestly depends on who it is that sees you, and what kind of costume it is