Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mr Test Track

World Showcase Countries

Name:  worldshowcase_sites.gif
Views: 65
Size:  56.9 KB
    There is room for 8 more countries (6 if they want to keep the stupid World Shoplace Pavilion)!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: World Showcase Countries

Before they start expanding World Showcase, I'd like to see them spend some money building some real attractions in the existing countries. World Showcase is beautiful but lacking in enough attractions to keep it interesting to visitors of every age.

some missing countries which would be great additions:
    - India
    - Brazil
    - Russia
    - Spain
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

I heard rumors a few months ago about Brazil being interested, but nothing since.

• Nutty about Disney parks

My top choices are Greece and Russia...and maybe either Israel or Egypt. (For Greece and Egypt they could do dark ride based on their ancient mythology.)

Do they really need to get some sort of approval/permission from these countries to start a World Showcase or...what's the deal here?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd love to see Greece, Russia and The Netherlands. India would be interesting as well as Spain or Portugal.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Let's see if the Norway film update comes first. If they can't handle making an established country happy enough as it is, then I'm not so sure anything will be coming soon.

Though still waiting for Switzerland and Russia, which have been announced (among others I know, but these 2 are the ones I remember being announced most vividly)
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

My number one wish for World Showcase?

Expand Maelstrom.

It has SO much potential, but as soon as it starts- it's over! Both my friend and I thought it had HUGE potential to be as awesome as POTC, but fell victim to mediocrity because of size constraints.

That and replace the seats in American Adventure. Me and everyone within earshot (I wasn't whispering, lets put it that way) agreed that those were the most uncomfortable chairs ever! I even went so far as to change seats, hoping that I had just sat in an overused chair. Too bad for me- the next seat was even worse!

• Mostly Harmless.

Funny, I swear this subject comes up every 3 months or so... Not that it is a bad subject, just think that the fact that the Disney fan(atic)s would like more out of World Showcase falls on deaf ears. Hell, out of EPCOT all together. (Am I the only one that misses Wonders of Life?) I think it would be awesome if Disney would add to WS, but I am not going to hold my breath.

As a side note, the countries I hope for:
    1. Switzerland (go Matterhorn!)
    2. New Zealand (anyone see that coming?)
    3. Brazil (Carnival!!!)
    4. Expanded Japan
    5. Expanded Norway
    6. Expanded Germany

Now get to it you lurking Disney execs...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    As a side note, the countries I hope for:
    1. Switzerland (go Matterhorn!)
    2. New Zealand (anyone see that coming?)
    3. Brazil (Carnival!!!)
    4. Expanded Japan
    5. Expanded Norway
    6. Expanded Germany

Now get to it you lurking Disney execs...
    I like your style Coastierox . a couple of side notes though, I like #2,3 and 5. Germany and Japan are already pretty big as it is so by expansion I think you mean add a ride. It is a good idea but, bringing me back to 1, Materhorn is pushing it on the attraction extremeness level if that makes sense. WS should not be a place for E-ticket attractions, its rides are about learning and experiencing different cultures and thats the way it should stay.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I like your style Coastierox . a couple of side notes though, I like #2,3 and 5. Germany and Japan are already pretty big as it is so by expansion I think you mean add a ride. It is a good idea but, bringing me back to 1, Materhorn is pushing it on the attraction extremeness level if that makes sense. WS should not be a place for E-ticket attractions, its rides are about learning and experiencing different cultures and thats the way it should stay.
    The Matterhorn was planned for Switzerland though, as were a few ideas for thrill rides in Japan including Mount Fuji. And let's not forget the oft-rumored but pretty good idea IMO of the raft ride in Canada to hide the Soarin' building.

I think thrill rides in World Showcase could work if tastefully done. Japan bullet train? Absolutely. Mt. Fuji or Matterhorn as well. Let's just not add a Sun Wheel or anything tacky like that.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Yes, by expanding, I do mean adding a ride. I do realize that EPCOT seems to be have a few E-tickets these days and I do hear the cries of, "WDW already has a mountain (Everest) why would we need the Matterhorn?" as well as the whole argument of "cloning" rides. I say phooey to that.
    Maybe it is because the Matterhorn is one of my earliest DL memories, maybe it's because I watched Condorman way too much as a kid, maybe it's just because it would look nice and be a nice addition to WS, but I think such an attraction/pavillion is needed. Seriously, who in their right mind would say no to a bobsled journey through a mountain? And an Alpine Village? NOt like the Imagineers haven't already designed one for a ski resort (once Disney owned?) in the Sierra Nevadas. But, could it be edutainment? Why not?

Germany is in need of a slow boat ride on the Rhine. Nothing thrilling, just pure edutainment.
    Japan... I think a 3D Godzilla movie would rock, but thats me. A bullet train ride through Japanese history?
    Canada... I, too, have been waiting for an expanded mountain range and a river ride. There is so much there. A Paul Bunyan/logging tie in could work maybe.
    As far as Norway goes, I love the Maelstrom, but I do think it needs to be a bit longer. I even sit and watch the movie once per trip. I like it. But, even as much as I like the Marvel Thor as much as the deity, I think I should ban Disney forever if there was a Marvel tie-in on the ride.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Do they really need to get some sort of approval/permission from these countries to start a World Showcase or...what's the deal here?
    Each showcase is sponsored by private companies and if there is no sponsor available for a country, the chance of it being showcased is zero.

And forget Switzerland to be built, they already said they don't need the Matterhorn because of Expedition Everest and people will only confuse it with Germany anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    Each showcase is sponsored by private companies and if there is no sponsor available for a country, the chance of it being showcased is zero.

And forget Switzerland to be built, they already said they don't need the Matterhorn because of Expedition Everest and people will only confuse it with Germany anyway.
    Ok then on that note...

1.Brazil could be sponsored by Embraer(about to become one of the world's big three of airplane manufacturers), could be a raft or log flume ride through the rain forest who knows...with that country there's plenty of possibilities..

2.Australia could be sponsored by Holden, GMs Aussie counterpart a Jeep tour through the outback would be pretty awesome, and different enough from Test Track to make it interesting...

3.Russia- Come on Disney I mean you can't find a Russian Oil Tycoon or Metal Producer that wouldn't sponsor this???

Seriously, How are we not in charge of Disney??? That's just three of the countries and ideas for sponsors that I pulled right off the cuff...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Let's see if the Norway film update comes first. If they can't handle making an established country happy enough as it is, then I'm not so sure anything will be coming soon.
    The theater needs to be gutted out so that people aren't forced to wait outside the theater after each film showing in order to completely exit the Maelstrom. They can put video screens in the queue showing the film while guests are waiting in line instead because I can't imagine how many people would actually stay and watch the film after riding the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post

I really don't like the idea of roller coasters in the World Showcase. I dunno why I prefer simple dark or indoor water rides. Exposing alot to the outside kinda hurts the illusion of being inside of a different country IMO.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post

3.Russia- Come on Disney I mean you can't find a Russian Oil Tycoon or Metal Producer that wouldn't sponsor this???
    How about we get the gun runners who are selling munitions to the Taliban...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast