Idea for a new WDW Park

After the acquisition of Marvel, and some thinking about the shelved "Disney's America," I began thinking about ideas for a new theme park.

The area, which would be called Patriot Park, could combine Marvel and its superheroes with the history of America and its culture. It would have to be divided into "lands," and the breakdown could be:

-A Civil-War themed land, which could include an old steam train that circles the park, a Civil War reenactment, and a Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln copy.
    -A Native American section, with hands-on arts & crafts, a whitewater rafting attraction, and a "Lewis and Clark meet and greet" area.
    -The "hub" of the theme park would include an oversized Statue of Liberty, with the main attraction being a dark ride through immigration
    -The Industrial Revolution land could include an inverted coaster which takes you through the time period, whizzing through steel mills and past simulated fires. There could also be more family-friendly attractions, such as The Wright Brothers' Flyers, a 1920's-style carnival plane ride.
    -The last American-themed land would include attractions based on our armed forces, such as an Air Force flight simulator.
    -Finally, the second half of the park would be Marvel-centralized, incorporating Captain America and Iron Man into rides and attractions, while keeping with the "Patriotic" concept.

Any ideas/feedback?

Re: Idea for a new WDW Park

IMO I don't think Mavel clashes with American history very well. And while a Marvel park would be a good way to keep Marvel out of the other parks, they should focus on fixes the problems of the other parks before they build another.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    IMO I don't think Mavel clashes with American history very well. And while a Marvel park would be a good way to keep Marvel out of the other parks, they should focus on fixes the problems of the other parks before they build another.
    I would have to agree and also it seems overwhelmingly geared to boys. Being a female I dont think I would enjoy it as much. Marvel should have its own park but maybe instead of America its based off the a city but you go to certain areas of the city and there is some evil guy and you help the hero fight him off. Idk marvel isnt my thing but I think it would fit better

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah, I think a Patriotic Park while a generally good idea, would take much away from the existing attractions: Hall of Presidents (Magic Kingdom) and the American Pavillion (Epcot).

There's already too much cross-polination with Tomorrowland and Future World so I think a wider distinction is necessary in the new park.

If you want Marvel characters there, that's fine and good but balance it out with other stories like Greek Mythology or something of that nature.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Yah, I think a Patriotic Park while a generally good idea, would take much away from the existing attractions: Hall of Presidents (Magic Kingdom) and the American Pavillion (Epcot).

There's already too much cross-polination with Tomorrowland and Future World so I think a wider distinction is necessary in the new park.

If you want Marvel characters there, that's fine and good but balance it out with other stories like Greek Mythology or something of that nature.
    I agree, but wasn't the last part done already at that park down the road....

Personally I think a patriotic park as cool as it could be, would never really take off for WDW because it would primarily appeal to Americans, and not the large majority of guests...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Are you referring to Marvel Superhero Island at Islands of Adventure? Then yah, I believe Disney is not able to make rides featuring those same characters.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Personally I think a patriotic park as cool as it could be, would never really take off for WDW because it would primarily appeal to Americans, and not the large majority of guests...
    Now that they have that land in Washington DC for a supposed DVC, maybe that's a good place to dust off the Disney's America idea.

IMO though, I think after Shanghai, Disney should hold off on more theme parks; adding and maintaining their existing ones first.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

I'm referring to IOA as a whole, The Lost Continent is mythical based primarily eastern mediterranean, and marvel superhero island as well...

I'm not sure when Universals liscencing rights ends on those rides if ever, but I believe part of the agreement was that Disney couldn't build Marvel based rides on the East Coast...now West coast thats another story..

course if I'm wrong please someone feel free to correct me....
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Imagination is the Start

I really hope they dont add a marvel ride to the parks, but your idea is good. but i find it better for a single ride then a whole theme. Have something patriotic as a ride and then all of a sudden something happens and the Avengers are needed so they can show off a handful the the acquired super heroes.

I assuming this is open to other ideas to so i'm gunna throw mine in there as well.

I think if they were to make a new park, it should draw attention more to the thrill seekers and compete hand in hand against IoA. Have a Marvel themed section, besides the fact that I Dunno how that would work against IoA's contract with Marvel. Put in a few rides in this section but based on the Villians. Theme the rest of the park with the Villains of Disney.

Each movie has a different area maybe even by years they came out or like themes to the movies.

like Ursulas revenge would be an intense log Flume, and Captain Hooks Chase (or something) could be a roller coaster log flume hybrid, and then like a maleficent ride where its a dark coaster and theres a dragon and they have green fire spitting at you....I really think there needs to be something for the older sec of people out there. I understand that Disney is family oriented but I think this could be an awesome park for the Teens and older Disney visitors. You still have your 4 main parks for the kids and then have another one for the teens that the kids can see in the distance and cant wait to come back to go to the roller coaster thrill park....IDK I just think it'd be fun/great

---------- Post added 07-10-2011 at 01:20 PM ----------

I'm not sure when Universals liscencing rights ends on those rides if ever, but I believe part of the agreement was that Disney couldn't build Marvel based rides on the East Coast...now West coast thats another story..
    IDK either but all i do know is that they're redoing the 3D spiderman ride meaning it's gunna be there for a good long while longer

Imagination is just the start

• Nutty about Disney parks

A Disney's America park in today's age wouldn't last very long. In fact DCA was originally influenced by plans from Disney's America (especially in the cultural and educational aspects of the park). Look what happened: all of those cultural and educational aspects that once filled DCA were tore down to make way for Pixar lands. Epcot had to bring Disney characters and redo one of the boat rides in the World Showcase because the concept of Epcot in its original form wasn't a draw to anyone. Unless you got roller coasters and Pixar characters roaming around, I wouldn't expect Disney's America to be a hit regardless of where it's located. Which is a shame too.

I still want Washington D.C. to build a colonial/seaside themed DVC resort however. But a park wouldn't be so successful.

As far as Marvel goes, I wouldn't think (or dread if you will) about it until Universal's ownership expires.

Ideas for a 5th park are hard to come up with. I can't think of any new parks that would complement the unique themes of the other 4 parks except for perhaps an American version of DisneySea.

But I think a top priority should be expanding the currently existing parks before a 5th one is considered. There's so much wasted potential on the non MK parks. It's unnerving that nothing more is being done with them.