Three O Clock Parade ending July 18

Its true but its not what you think.

Instead from July 18-30, MK will present their parade twice daily at Noon and 3:30pm.

Misici show time will also change to 10am, 5:30, and 7pm.

Above is face but why? Below is purely speculation on my part.......

I think heat is a factor in this test, which they have done before by typically during holiday periods, not summer.

My guess is this allows them to present a big entertainment offering at noon, that is more passive then the interactive Misici which has lots of dancing and a very long show stop. The new show times of Misici seem to purposely avoid those hottest summer hours of noon to four.

The more passive parade, with no show stops, to a guest is now just under ten minute in length. To the performers is much longer but it is also not as intense with the required dancing. So it seems to be the major entertainment offering of choice during those peak heat hours. It could also serve as a distraction during the peak lunch periods. Perhaps an attempt to get the lunch lines down with out offering a 20% discount to everyone who avoids the noon lunch rush.

• Shubisha

Re: Three O Clock Parade ending July 18

10am is too early for MiSiCI >_<

and you left out trolley and dream along times... i assume those would have to be changed as well.

But I think this is normal.. Just maybe longer than usual so I don't think it's heat related. I mean... it's been pretty dang hot anyways and will still be hot after July 30th. They've just traditionally done the double day parades at some point in July but not when you'd instinctively think they would, i.e. the weekend leading up to July 4th, or on July 4th... Usually a week or so right after it. This year I guess it's 2 weeks after it.

I wish they would just go to 2 day parades on a regular basis unless park attendance is expected to be low, like Disneyland does. It would hopefully alleviate some crowd issues.

Oh boy! More chances to find Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain with a 10 to 15 minute wait, instead of a 50 to 80 minute wait!

• Mouseketeer

What time is the 3 o'clock parade at?

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Why would anyone want to see Celebrate A Dream Come True the first time around. This Parade is an embarrassment and I cringe at the thought of seeing this parade coming down Main Street twice in one day. Fortunately for myself I spent the annual holiday budget on Disneyland instead this year. That way I'll get to enjoy Mickey's Soundsational which is new this year instead of a very tired looking 10 year old Parade.

I agree, Celebrate is not worth seeing more than once The original version (Share a Dream Come True) was OK despite the use of snowglobes, but it's just morphed way too many times now to have any sort of identity left.

2 Celebrates, 3 Move Its and 1 or 2 Electrical Parades - that'll kill a cast member in summer, lol!

Although I must admit, as a Disneylander I'm jealous that MK's parade route is getting used that much while ours isn't...
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Although I must admit, as a Disneylander I'm jealous that MK's parade route is getting used that much while ours isn't...
    I'm jealous Disneyland gets to use its Main Street vehicles and horse trolley on a regular basis and isn't lined with photopass after photopass every 20 feet down the center, and that you can walk through the castle anytime other than fireworks instead of it being closed off all day for the castle show and even when it's open the castle music's been turned off, there's a big blue wall hiding tech stuff, and it's flooded with BBB and Cinderella's Royal Table patrons. :P

I wish Main Street at the Magic Kingdom would go "back to the basics' and quit with all these dumb parades, just have the 3:00 parade and evening parades. Move It Shake It Celebrate it is dumb and the trolley show is cute the first time but it seems like it's out there constantly. Bring back the Main Street vehicles. Main Street used to be a nice quiet area where you could shop in quaint shops at a slow pace enjoy a hot dog and a sundae catch a short movie and maybe play a few arcade games from the turn of the century. And don't forget you might be lucky enough to catch a ride on the trolley or one of those new horseless carriage. The double decker bus was always a treat and sometimes the fireman would let you ride in his fire truck. It was kind of an idealized small town business center from the turn of the century.

Now it's nothing but a loud stage with building facades hiding a Disney Wal-Mart type store, yes just one giant store on one side of the street and two smaller large shops on the other side of the street. But be careful because outside you have an endless parade of bad parades and lip-synced trolley shows going on. There is a cinema, but no movies are really shown there. The hot dogs are still there, but the indoor seating area is reminiscent of the snack counters that used to be in places like Kmart and Wal-Mart with shoppers bustling through.