Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Closed Account

Sad XPass IS comming.....

Per Al's article. I wonder if anyone would stop going to the parks over this? I know i will NOT go to ANY park if i have to book my whole day like a first time tourist 6mos in advance!!!

Re: XPass IS comming.....

6 Months!? My family has never even planned a vacation 6 months in advanced, much less bought tickets for something 6 months in advanced! We always decide where we're going about 2 months out. And when we did go to WDW, we just purchased tickets the day we got there.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

That seems like the opposite idea of fun to me. I ran this idea by my family in 2005 when it first started to surface around the ranks, and everyone hated it. It gives me anxiety to think of planning something that far in advance.

Theme Parks should be about discovery, and exploration, not a regimented schedule.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I can't see this being a good thing for the repeat visitors, it basically forces you to decide either Disney or somewhere else almost a full year in advance, I mean I thought planning Dining and all that was tough enough as it was 3 MONTHS in advance, took an hour on the cell phones with the group to get all of that decided and knocked out where everyone could agree where we were going to eat dinner.

I'm with you Stitch I basically just DECIDE on where I'm going to go 4 months in advance, I don't like this decidion at all...it's going to be either make ALL my plans half a year in advance or risk struggling to find places to eat and stay during my stay...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yeah, kinda ruins WDW for me. It's like scheduling love making, takes all the spontaneity out of it.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    That seems like the opposite idea of fun to me. I ran this idea by my family in 2005 when it first started to surface around the ranks, and everyone hated it. It gives me anxiety to think of planning something that far in advance.

Theme Parks should be about discovery, and exploration, not a regimented schedule.
    I agree with the anxiety aspect of it. I could try my hardest to plan anything in advance but things are bound to get screwed up regardless and you gotta replan things on the spot. What happens if they change the schedule of shows and such once you get there? Or what happens if Fantasmic gets cancelled on the very night you reserve a sitting spot for that show and no other nights have free spots when you are down there? That will just bring about ordered chaos.

And as simple and interesting as such a plan is for someone who spends their time around Disney websites like myself...Disney needs to remember that the majority of guests that come to Disney Parks aren't that absorbed in Disney on the web. Not everyone is going to research every single aspect of the parks online before going or has an awareness of the pain in the butt that is 3 hr lines and advance dining reservations. There are some people out there who go to Disney and still don't get the concept of Fastpass.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Volleyball Dad

Ihave mixed emotions on this. Since we travel with a party of 10 ( all ages) I do book restaurants etc. out 6 months in advance and being a DVC member also have already booked the rooms. Have all info on a spreadsheet and it serves as a 'guide' for us. It ensures we have something locked ahead of time, but we do make cahnges and sometimes bypass eateries we had booked etc. The plan is an insurance blanket so to speak.
    So Nextgen takes this a little further..and until I see exact details I won't know what I am going to like and not like. The photopass link- fine- whatever, I still have the option to accept or not.

Much like use of the FP system the more experienced visitors will get more from their trips - at the risk of being a little too controlled. As long as no one is taking credit card numbers and charging for things not done, I am okay with it for the most part.

Now as much as I plan trips in advance, there are items like DDP I dislike because it is restrictive- and involves too many issues for me-- I buy an AP and Tables in Wonderland which gives us a better deal and more flexibility.

So the deveil will be in the details, and flexibility once you have booked... we'll see
    " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

• Marching along

Angry Re: XPass IS comming.....

Yep, count my family out. Vacations are not supposed to be a series of meetings and appointments. That's why people go on... vacation.

If it's true that this is Iger's baby, I hope he goes down in flames when people start choosing other vacation options.

Cut attraction quality and upkeep to the bone, charge more and more and more, and THEN expect everyone to schedule their entire vacation months in advance for an overpriced, SUBPAR product?

Think how incredible WDW could be if they diverted half of the money they're wasting on NextGen and spent it on new attractions and upkeep.

Sigh. Kind of makes me long for the Michael Eisner days.

So I've got a quick question. Will it be impossible for people to just buy a ticket up at ticket booths? Because I'm sure people would be pretty angry if they get to the park and then realize they won't be let in because they were supposed to make reservations 6 months in advance.

• Marching along

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    So I've got a quick question. Will it be impossible for people to just buy a ticket up at ticket booths? Because I'm sure people would be pretty angry if they get to the park and then realize they won't be let in because they were supposed to make reservations 6 months in advance.
    They'll be let in, but it won't be a pleasant experience. Why do you think they've been spending so much time and money "NextGenning" the standby queues? Because those who don't pay to plan ahead will be spending an awful lot of their vacation time "standing by."

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Toad View Post
    They'll be let in, but it won't be a pleasant experience. Why do you think they've been spending so much time and money "NextGenning" the standby queues? Because those who don't pay to plan ahead will be spending an awful lot of their vacation time "standing by."
    Which is what makes me the angriest overall about this system. It punishes you more and more the less time ahead that you plan ahead....totally ruins some of the experience before I even go on VACATION to experience these things...

Seriously, I love having structure to what I'm doing and planning hour by hour if I'm doing something, but VACATION???? NO I'M ON VACATION it takes some of the fun out of it if every moment is planned ahead of time, like some military operation...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Is this really coming ? I love Disney and my son is doing a Cp now. But there is no way I can
    plan a vacation that far out....

• Shubisha

"What do you mean Peter Pan isn't currently meeting people today? I booked a reservation to meet him 6 months ago!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Toad View Post
    Not at the HM, they won't. Actually, at the HM, people in the standby line will go through faster than the ones in the NextGen line.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Not at the HM, they won't. Actually, at the HM, people in the standby line will go through faster than the ones in the NextGen line.
    The NextGen line is for people in standby not for people who have priority reservations.

2 main philosophies here in Orlando.

1. Disney- the line is the enemy, tourist don't want to wait in line.
    2. Universal- The line is an essential part of story telling, but if you want to skip it you have to pay.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast