New restaurants at WDW?

With the recent news about Downtown Disney's fate at Walt Disney World, I began brainstorming ideas for some new restaurants at the resort. I came up with some fun new eateries, one per park:

Magic Kingdom:
    Tommorowland Speedway's Speedy Drive-Thru, a walk-in quick service restaurant featuring fast-food items (a return of McDonald's fries?)

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
    HARRYHAUSEN'S, a sit-down sushi restaurant/Japanese steakhouse inspired by Monsters, Inc.

Epcot:
    Discovery Cove, an underwater-themed, aquarium-walled seafood restaurant to be located by Nemo.

Animal Kingdom:
    Chill Out (presented by Jamba Juice), a relaxing environment serving exotic frozen beverages in African-inspired cups.

Downtown Disney:
    Houdini's, a magic-themed restaurant located where Ridemakerz currently sits. Its walls of memorabilia would make for a unique atmosphere right next to the magic shop.

What new restaurants would you like to see in the parks?

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: New restaurants at WDW?

HAte to burst your bubble here, but there is already a sit down, underwater, aquarium walled restaurant in The Seas. And plus if they where to re-name it I don't think that they would/could use Discovery Cove seeing as how it is a Sea World owned park just up the street...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

x
    Last edited by ilovemegs; 07-13-2011 at 07:19 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TMRWfan View Post
    With the recent news about Downtown Disney's fate at Walt Disney World, I began brainstorming ideas for some new restaurants at the resort. I came up with some fun new eateries, one per park:

Magic Kingdom:
    Tommorowland Speedway's Speedy Drive-Thru, a walk-in quick service restaurant featuring fast-food items (a return of McDonald's fries?)

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
    HARRYHAUSEN'S, a sit-down sushi restaurant/Japanese steakhouse inspired by Monsters, Inc.

Epcot:
    Discovery Cove, an underwater-themed, aquarium-walled seafood restaurant to be located by Nemo.

Animal Kingdom:
    Chill Out (presented by Jamba Juice), a relaxing environment serving exotic frozen beverages in African-inspired cups.

Downtown Disney:
    Houdini's, a magic-themed restaurant located where Ridemakerz currently sits. Its walls of memorabilia would make for a unique atmosphere right next to the magic shop.

What new restaurants would you like to see in the parks?
    I don't really like the MK one. There's already to many MK restaurants that sit empty right now, why open another?

Harryhausens's has some promise. seem's like a great concept and would go really well with a Monster's Inc coaster in Pixar place, but can three sit down Japanese food restaurants survive at WDW?

Discovery Cove.... no thank you I'll take my Coral reef cafe

Chill out is a great idea, any room with A/C in the shade is a great idea for AK

Best idea for last in my opinion. but in no way shape or form should it ever take up that much space, maybe it would be a good replacement for the adventurers club space as you could fit it in to the hyperion warf theme then move Adventurers Club to the DTD rain forest cafe (I'm sorry three of those things is way to many at WDW). Then finish off Hyperion Warf, add one more big building to remove a bit of the extra grass, add a night show similar to world of color and spectromagic mix to draw more people, fill it all with shops and maybe a teen club and one (friendly) adults only club, top it off by adding something on top of the bowling alley. Boom, i just saved the adventurers club and put it in a unique location and essentially saved DTD's nightlife and moved it cohesively throughout the park, someone get me an upper office Disney job please?