• Disney aficionado

American Idol Experience Question!. (1 week before my trip!)

ONLY one week before my trip to WDW!

We'll be at DHS for approximately 7 hours. 3 - 11. (eating dinner there at 50's prime time cafe @ 5:30) next Monday.

How does the American Idol Experience work? I was interested in just popping in to see what it was like for a few minutes to maybe a half hour Can you do that or do you have to stay for a whole show?! Is it worthwhile? This is rather on the bottom end of my list to do at DHS, but just wondering if I could check it out in a reasonable amount of time.

• Volleyball Dad

Re: American Idol Experience Question!. (1 week before my trip!)

Was just there and once entering it would be difficult to leave before it was over- large crowd inside. ( I would advise to try and sit far up if the theatre is not full)- It is a fairly enjoyable experience that the family has come to enjoy. Actually is't more enjoyable than the TV show today-- seeing 3 real people get up there. Over the past few visits it has varied from one prety gopod person to last time- really 3. ( I don't understand why they don't restrict age though since the daily winner gets a front of the line audition at any American Idol site the upcoming season - if the winner is 40 it does them no good) -

The show ismore interactive than you think and the host does a nice job. I think it is worth the time spent
    " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

• Disney aficionado

Thanks bud! We'll see if I have time for it. The last show I heard is twice as long as the other showings. Maybe, I'll try to catch the next to the last one or something.

Depends on what you mean by popping by. For the audition process, you line up, usually not too long of a wait, maybe 30 mins tops? The building itself is nice, and even if you're not a singer or not old enough to compete in the show (ex. kids) and are feeling adventurous, you can still sing for a judge and get a pin that says you tried out.

The shows themselves are less than 30 mins and are fun, even if you're not a big fan of the show itself. Granted, it is somewhat corny, with the judges and pretaped portions, but the singing is fun to watch. I was there a few weeks ago with the 100 degree+ weather, so if you're not in a rush to do everything in the park or on a time crunch, I'd go see it. It's interesting to see normal people singing onstage and the air conditioning is a huge plus. There are 5 shows, I think they run on the hour. The finale show isn't that much longer, I think about 45 mins since they cut down on some of the filler that's part of the earlier shows. I tend to get invested in these sorts of things, and I wanted to see how the guy who won the prelim I saw would do in the final, so I went back for the last show.

I'd say it's worth it, be on time though since they close the doors fairly promptly and the last show fills up.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

If you're planning on seeing it, I would suggest the final show (if it doesn't interfere with you dinner plans). It takes the best of each day's performers for the winner. Helps to make the quality of the show a little better. (Truth be told though, I've only seen the show one, and it was the finale show, but it was good!)
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Preliminary shows feature 3 guests (who made it through the audition earlier in the day) who perform for a spot in the finale. They are currently at 12:30, 1:30, 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00 every day and run about 25 minutes. They close the doors at show time but as long as you're there before show time you should be OK.

The finale show is at 7:00 and it features the 5 preliminary winners competing for the dream ticket, which is a front of the line pass to a real American Idol audition. The finale show is usually around 35 minutes. The finale show often fills up very fast and you should try to be there around 6:30.

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude View Post
    Preliminary shows feature 3 guests (who made it through the audition earlier in the day) who perform for a spot in the finale. They are currently at 12:30, 1:30, 4:00, 5:00 and 6:00 every day and run about 25 minutes. They close the doors at show time but as long as you're there before show time you should be OK.

The finale show is at 7:00 and it features the 5 preliminary winners competing for the dream ticket, which is a front of the line pass to a real American Idol audition. The finale show is usually around 35 minutes. The finale show often fills up very fast and you should try to be there around 6:30.
    Thank you very much! I can see it being worthwhile if we would have a whole day at DHS since DHS is basically a half day park. I'm not sure if we'll have time to do that or not. We may have to pick and choose between that and something else. It all depends on exactly what time we get there, how big the lines are, and how fast we eat dinner. The last show definitely seems like the best to go to, but it also takes the most time to see with having to wait a little beforehand and it being a longer show.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Thank you very much! I can see it being worthwhile if we would have a whole day at DHS since DHS is basically a half day park. I'm not sure if we'll have time to do that or not. We may have to pick and choose between that and something else. It all depends on exactly what time we get there, how big the lines are, and how fast we eat dinner. The last show definitely seems like the best to go to, but it also takes the most time to see with having to wait a little beforehand and it being a longer show.
    That makes sense. However, I highly recommend the show. It's really fun even if you could care less about the real show. I hadn't seen a single episode the first time I went and I loved it. That being said, definitely try and go to the finale for your first time.