Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• World Traveler

Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

It seems that Walt Disney World will be celebrating their 40th Anniversary by having an event featuring the Haunted Mansion. The event is called "Room for 1 More."

As you may know, I am collecting the WDW Olszewski miniatures so the highlight of the news for me was the release of this:

I'm so excited!!!!

• Minion

Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    It seems that Walt Disney World will be celebrating their 40th Anniversary by having an event featuring the Haunted Mansion. The event is called "Room for 1 More."

As you may know, I am collecting the WDW Olszewski miniatures so the highlight of the news for me was the release of this:

I'm so excited!!!!
    I guess this makes the reason for choosing HM for the next gen queue before other rides make a bit more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I guess this makes the reason for choosing HM for the next gen queue before other rides make a bit more sense.
    Indeed it does. Mystery solved!

• Shubisha

Yes, you too can pay $285 for the chance to buy things. Happy 40th anniversary.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Bahahahahhaahahahahhahaa its so sad but so true, story of every Disney event.

• Shubisha

Bahahahahhaahahahahhahaa its so sad but so true, story of every Disney event.
    And don't let me be mistaken, I'm very aware that Disneyland does this too.. On their 50th for example they did that early morning thing on the Columbia. But at least it wasn't the only dang thing announced for the 50th ;P

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I am sure that at least the Olszewski piece will be available for sale after the event. Previously, I'd been told that Mr Olszewski was coming down to release the piece on October 1st and 2nd.

• Mouseketeer

That From the Other Side painting is stunning. Can't wait to get a print.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• World Traveler

The Room for 1 More event page was recently updated and also shows the image and information for the Olszewski Magic Kingdom sign.

What do you all think? Personally, I would have preferred the WDW sign founf on the property edges, rather than the MK toll booth signs.

• WDW will always be home.

How does the Olszewski miniature make that make any sense at all?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Personally, I would have preferred the WDW sign founf on the property edges, rather than the MK toll booth signs.
    Oh man, personally I can't stand the garish perpetually-stuck-in-the-early-to-mid-'90s purple look. I'd much rather have the toll booth - despite being a toll booth, it's classier.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Ugh... I've got the full DL collection/platform/etc. I'm a little dissappointed in the price point. $399 seems a bit hefty even for Robert's standards. I believe DL's haunted mansion piece retailed at $285 when it was released. It went up in value quickly so I expect he's wanting his fair share of that up front this time. Who knows. Its definitely greedy and a put off. I may just have to admire this one from afar.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    How does the Olszewski miniature make that make any sense at all?
    Its not about the miniature itself its the event that's taking place. They wanted the next gen advancements done before the 40th anniversary event.

Its not about the miniature itself its the event that's taking place. They wanted the next gen advancements done before the 40th anniversary event.
    Eh, I kinda doubt that. This is a relatively minor event handled by Merchandise and Event Services and the NexGen "advancement" was a comparatively big deal that was ordered by MK park management and Jim McPhee's NexGen team. In either case, the Mansion would be better off w/o the McDonald's Playplace in the queue...
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Eh, I kinda doubt that. This is a relatively minor event handled by Merchandise and Event Services and the NexGen "advancement" was a comparatively big deal that was ordered by MK park management and Jim McPhee's NexGen team. In either case, the Mansion would be better off w/o the McDonald's Playplace in the queue...
    An argument about whether or not the next gen is a good or bad thing is irrelevant. I really don't want to start that again as they are always rather annoying and ugly discussions as people begin to become emotionally heated. The advancement was going to happen one way or another, my suggestion was merely that it got moved further up in the docket then originally intended so that it would be fully prepared for the 40th and the event that they wanted to focus around the Haunted Mansion.

An argument about whether or not the next gen is a good or bad thing is irrelevant. I really don't want to start that again as they are always rather annoying and ugly discussions as people begin to become emotionally heated.
    Agreed on that much. I shouldn't have brought it up. My apologies - it's a sensitive topic for me.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast