Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,014

    Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    It seems that Walt Disney World will be celebrating their 40th Anniversary by having an event featuring the Haunted Mansion. The event is called "Room for 1 More."

    As you may know, I am collecting the WDW Olszewski miniatures so the highlight of the news for me was the release of this:


    I'm so excited!!!!


  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,550

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    It seems that Walt Disney World will be celebrating their 40th Anniversary by having an event featuring the Haunted Mansion. The event is called "Room for 1 More."

    As you may know, I am collecting the WDW Olszewski miniatures so the highlight of the news for me was the release of this:


    I'm so excited!!!!
    I guess this makes the reason for choosing HM for the next gen queue before other rides make a bit more sense.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    700

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I guess this makes the reason for choosing HM for the next gen queue before other rides make a bit more sense.
    Indeed it does. Mystery solved!

  4. #4

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,957

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Yes, you too can pay $285 for the chance to buy things. Happy 40th anniversary.

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,550

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Yes, you too can pay $285 for the chance to buy things. Happy 40th anniversary.
    Bahahahahhaahahahahhahaa its so sad but so true, story of every Disney event.

  6. #6

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,957

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Bahahahahhaahahahahhahaa its so sad but so true, story of every Disney event.
    And don't let me be mistaken, I'm very aware that Disneyland does this too.. On their 50th for example they did that early morning thing on the Columbia. But at least it wasn't the only dang thing announced for the 50th ;P

  7. #7

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,014

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Yes, you too can pay $285 for the chance to buy things. Happy 40th anniversary.
    I am sure that at least the Olszewski piece will be available for sale after the event. Previously, I'd been told that Mr Olszewski was coming down to release the piece on October 1st and 2nd.


  8. #8

    • Mouseketeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    State of Insanity
    Posts
    438

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    That From the Other Side painting is stunning. Can't wait to get a print.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

  9. #9

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,014

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    The Room for 1 More event page was recently updated and also shows the image and information for the Olszewski Magic Kingdom sign.


    What do you all think? Personally, I would have preferred the WDW sign founf on the property edges, rather than the MK toll booth signs.


  10. #10

    • WDW will always be home.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    697

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I guess this makes the reason for choosing HM for the next gen queue before other rides make a bit more sense.
    How does the Olszewski miniature make that make any sense at all?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Personally, I would have preferred the WDW sign founf on the property edges, rather than the MK toll booth signs.
    Oh man, personally I can't stand the garish perpetually-stuck-in-the-early-to-mid-'90s purple look. I'd much rather have the toll booth - despite being a toll booth, it's classier.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney



  11. #11

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    97

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Ugh... I've got the full DL collection/platform/etc. I'm a little dissappointed in the price point. $399 seems a bit hefty even for Robert's standards. I believe DL's haunted mansion piece retailed at $285 when it was released. It went up in value quickly so I expect he's wanting his fair share of that up front this time. Who knows. Its definitely greedy and a put off. I may just have to admire this one from afar.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,550

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    How does the Olszewski miniature make that make any sense at all?
    Its not about the miniature itself its the event that's taking place. They wanted the next gen advancements done before the 40th anniversary event.

  13. #13

    • WDW will always be home.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    697

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Its not about the miniature itself its the event that's taking place. They wanted the next gen advancements done before the 40th anniversary event.
    Eh, I kinda doubt that. This is a relatively minor event handled by Merchandise and Event Services and the NexGen "advancement" was a comparatively big deal that was ordered by MK park management and Jim McPhee's NexGen team. In either case, the Mansion would be better off w/o the McDonald's Playplace in the queue...
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney



  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,550

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Eh, I kinda doubt that. This is a relatively minor event handled by Merchandise and Event Services and the NexGen "advancement" was a comparatively big deal that was ordered by MK park management and Jim McPhee's NexGen team. In either case, the Mansion would be better off w/o the McDonald's Playplace in the queue...
    An argument about whether or not the next gen is a good or bad thing is irrelevant. I really don't want to start that again as they are always rather annoying and ugly discussions as people begin to become emotionally heated. The advancement was going to happen one way or another, my suggestion was merely that it got moved further up in the docket then originally intended so that it would be fully prepared for the 40th and the event that they wanted to focus around the Haunted Mansion.

  15. #15

    • WDW will always be home.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    697

    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    An argument about whether or not the next gen is a good or bad thing is irrelevant. I really don't want to start that again as they are always rather annoying and ugly discussions as people begin to become emotionally heated.
    Agreed on that much. I shouldn't have brought it up. My apologies - it's a sensitive topic for me.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When does Haunted Mansion go down for HMH
    By wettham1783 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 10:51 AM
  2. Haunted Mansion Stretch Room.
    By yoyoflamingo in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 09:43 AM
  3. Disneyland History: The Haunted Mansion seance room
    By RobotMirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-13-2006, 01:15 PM
  4. Olszewski Haunted Mansion
    By disneybearcub in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 11:41 AM
  5. Haunted Mansion Holiday...gone for good?
    By disneyking in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 01:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •