Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Volleyball Dad

Re: Reduced Monorail Hours

Can someone here confirm-- back on another 'not so magical' site I have participated in for 10 years + ( not any more) - they claim that the ferry's do not run during EMH today, nor will they even witht he monorail cut back . Is this true ? I ask this because everything now on that site is apocalyptic - aqnd facts don't necessarily need to be the basis. (usually it's DVC's fault)

If so this would make the announcement worse....if not, it is not good news the monorails are in dire need of replacement but at least leaves more than busses to get back.
    " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

Re: Buses, use of in lieu of Monorail

Damnit, I ride a bus to work downtown on office days. I *do not* go on vacation to wait around for and ride a bus.

I'm in the "I pay a premium to stay on the monorail line" camp.

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by mikelieman View Post
    I'm in the "I pay a premium to stay on the monorail line" camp.
    So what do you do when you want to go to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

Hey I'm just joking, because I think it is pretty funny that people think that there are those out there that could careless about being on the monorail line. I have always wanted to stay at the Poly or Contemporary and a VERY BIG reason for that is because of the monorail.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

Hey I'm just joking, because I think it is pretty funny that people think that there are those out there that could careless about being on the monorail line. I have always wanted to stay at the Poly or Contemporary and a VERY BIG reason for that is because of the monorail.

That's the entire point, the monorail is the primary draw to spend the big bucks that people pay on the monorail hotels...taking some of that away removes some of the luster of staying at a monorail hotel...

Who wants to stay in a regular sized room without a monorail and pay the monorail premium price? I know I'd be upset, and I'm sure alot of people are..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

I drive my own car, park, and use a tram from the parking lot like G-d intended....

• Hello there

Blog Entries

That absolutely sucks. I hate busses and do not ride them unless it is a must. I rent a car, but at MK you need to take some sort of transportation from TTA to the park. If there is no ferry and now no monorail, than this is going to make exit time a real PITA. I don't even want to think about what that line is going to look like.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VBdad55 View Post
    Can someone here confirm that the ferry's do not run during EMH today, nor will they even with the monorail cut back .
    Folks, I'm bumping this question. Does anyone here know the answer?

It doesn't make sense to me that the ferry boats would stop running. I'd think that running buses from the front gate to the parking lot would be inefficient and more expensive to Disney than the buses. I'm curious if they've been running them or not. Cheers and thanks for the help,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Another reason that staying on Disney property is a complete waste of money. Disney makes you a prisoner of their policies. On vacation, you want to do what you want. Why are they making it difficult to enjoy yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by mikelieman View Post
    I drive my own car, park, and use a tram from the parking lot like G-d intended....
    For some reason this really cracked me up! I guess because this is how I do Disney too. I've never stayed at a monorail resort; the ONLY reason I ever would, would be for the monorail.

Say, here's an idea: How about STOP the EMH and use closed hours for maintenance in the PARKS as well as on the monorail.

Anyone with me?

According to the documentation I saw,

When the monorails start shutting down one hour after the park closes, there will be buses and watercraft (where available) to handle getting guests back and forth.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    For some reason this really cracked me up! I guess because this is how I do Disney too. I've never stayed at a monorail resort; the ONLY reason I ever would, would be for the monorail.

Say, here's an idea: How about STOP the EMH and use closed hours for maintenance in the PARKS as well as on the monorail.

Anyone with me?
    SO with you on this. Even though I always stay at the Disney resorts, I'm not a fan of EMH at all. The lines are always worse during EMH than they would be late at night on a day with normal hours. The best of all worlds IMHO would be if they extended park hours by an hour or two for everyone at all parks (for instance, Epcot should really stay open later than 9 during peak season), axed EMH, and used the hours gained on maintenance.

Of course, this'll never happen because it doesn't specifically benefit resort guests and thus doesn't play into the "magical captivity program."
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Anyone with me?
    For the record, we *do* stay at monorail hotels when we visit. But I'd rather drive myself than use a bus ( when necessary ). Personally, that's always been a feature of the Contemporary which I've loved. That nice short stroll to the MK.

And yes. Cancel EMH and put the labor hours into general maintenance. Definitely.

Anyone with me?
    I see no reason whatsoever why the Magic Kingdom needs to be open until 3am for EMH. Just get rid of the EMH altogether. If I were running the place the summer hours for the parks would be as follows:

Magic Kingdom 9am-12am
    EPCOT Center 9am-10pm (FW) 11am-10pm (WS)
    Hollywood Studios 9am-10pm
    Animal Kingdom 8am-8pm

No morning EMH, No evening EMH

• Golden State of Mind

I don't see what is so bad about EMH. (I am talking just in general, not talking about its effect on the current transportation situation) I have never had a bad experience with EMH.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Has this change been confirmed?

From what I have gathered from reading through this thread, some of the parks will be open after the monorail shuts down, so those guests that are paying a premium to stay at a monorail resort will not receive monorail service back to their hotels. This, of course, affects those customers going to MK and EPCOT. Yes, this sounds like a bad idea.

When you reach the point, where cost cutting is hurting the customer experience (magic), the customer will find other places to go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast