Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Big Changes coming to WDW entertainment?

ThemeParkOne on Twitter is announcing some very big changes to Walt Disney World's entertainment line-up. He has hinted at:

1. A major rework for Fantasmic! which includes a name-change, new scenes, and a new story
    2. A new mega-parade for Magic Kingdom called Festival of Fantasy
    3. Either a new show to replace Illuminations or major updates to the existing show

Apparently these projects are also being worked on by Steve Davison, are greenlit, and may be announced at the D23 Expo!

Twitter

I'm not saying that he is right all the time, but he has been right on a number of occasions in the past.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-14-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed per board policy

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Re: Big Changes coming to WDW entertainment?

Hmm the Fantasmic re-work interests me here, going to be very hard for them to change it enough that it is seen as a completely new show rather then just a rehash, hurry at D23 expo so we can see :P
    -Luke

• Lemony Goodness

Fantasmic probably needs that rework pretty badly. Festival of Fantasy? Sounds awesome!

FINALLY, a new parade for Magic Kingdom. How long was that last parade there anyways?

As for Fantasmic, I'm interested to see what happens with that. The other is definitely getting old, and could really use an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    ThemeParkOne on Twitter is announcing some very big changes to Walt Disney World's entertainment line-up. He has hinted at:

1. A major rework for Fantasmic! which includes a name-change, new scenes, and a new story
    2. A new mega-parade for Magic Kingdom called Festival of Fantasy
    3. Either a new show to replace Illuminations or major updates to the existing show

Apparently these projects are also being worked on by Steve Davison, are greenlit, and may be announced at the D23 Expo!

Here's the link:

Twitter

I'm not saying that he is right all the time, but he has been right on a number of occasions in the past.

I can confirm they are all true. However during some site work done in preparations of the Fantasmics! conversation they discover some unique logistics that may prevent them from altering the Mountain structure, lighting designed, and water works of the show. They have paused as they rework the blue prints but are certain that when they do move forward, we are all going to just have our jaws dropped.

Additionally it has been revealed that guests love the afternoon parade. As such the current offering is being replaced with a new parade that will be almost 25% longer then the current seven and a half minute long offering.

And finally, in appreciation to what has become a timeless classic of our evening entertainment line up, WDW will carefully update the classic Illuminations. As they periodically make changes to shows based on guest feedback they go into this update being mindful that this show is a guest favorite and will need to retain many of its classic features. Now guest will be able to be *in* this most loved show as they are going to display a new photo memories mosaic unto the globe in the middle of the lagoon. With pictures of our guests in the world showcase countries shown in the matching geographic locations on the globe during the show.

Additionally guest often say they cannot see the globe due to smoke from the fireworks and this rework needs keep this demand in mind. So they are reworking how much pyro is used in the show to ensure clear views of the photopass memories displayed on the globe of this updated Classic WDW show with a working title of Illuminations: Memories of You.

Void where prohibited, Member FDIC, discontinue if rash appears, but only in the Continental United Stated.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 07-14-2011 at 10:19 PM.

I dont like the whole Fantasmic rework thing. Not because I dont want it to be updated but because its a classic and should be UPDATED not CHANGED with a new name and a new theme and all. That will just ruin it! Illuminations should be updated carefully aswell. as for a new parade Im all for it!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I can confirm they are all true. However during some site work done in preparations of the Fantasmics! conversation they discover some unique logistics that may prevent them from altering the Mountain structure, lighting designed, and water works of the show. They have paused as they rework the blue prints but are certain that when they do move forward, we are all going to just have are jaws dropped.

Additionally it has been revealed that guests love the afternoon parade. As such the current offering is being replaced with a new parade that will be almost 25% longer then the current seven and a half minute long offering.

And finally, in appreciation to what has become a timeless classic of our evening entertainment line up, WDW will carefully update the classic Illuminations. As they periodically make changes to shows based on guest feedback they go into this update being mindful that this show is a guest favorite and will need to retain many of its classic features. Now guest will be able to be *in* this most loved show as they are going to display a new photo memories mosaic unto the globe in the middle of the lagoon. With pictures of our guests in the world showcase countries shown in the matching geographic locations on the globe during the show.

Additionally guest often say they cannot see the globe due to smoke from the fireworks and this rework needs keep this demand in mind. So they are reworking how much pyro is used in the show to ensure clear views of the photopass memories displayed on the globe of this updated Classic WDW show with a working title of Illuminations: Memories of You.
    Will it still be "Reflections of Earth"? If it changes too much my heart will be broken.
    Last edited by HMF; 07-14-2011 at 07:47 PM.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDisney View Post
    I dont like the whole Fantasmic rework thing. Not because I dont want it to be updated but because its a classic and should be UPDATED not CHANGED with a new name and a new theme and all. That will just ruin it! Illuminations should be updated carefully aswell. as for a new parade Im all for it!
    Disneyland has the classic (and still excellent) Fantasmic!. WDW has a really poor imitation that's been desperately in need of a re-write since it opened. I just hope they don't make it worse...

The biggest need of Illuminations IMHO is tech refresh. It's a great show, but the globe is too low-res, too small, and the pyro/water effects aren't nearly as impressive as they were a decade ago. If they give it a bigger, HD globe and World Of Color-generation effects, it'd be the perfect WDW nighttime show IMO.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Shubisha

I've heard of the Fantasmic changes, bout time they did something. New day parade? Hope so. They need something. But here's hoping Festival of Fantasy isn't just the current floats, some old floats we see during the holidays thrown in to make it longer, and the Flights of Fantasy/Soundsational soundtrack laid on top. Besides WDW's habit of borrowing music from other parks, they have a worse habit of borrowing a song and just using the producers' main version of the song without customizing it like the other parks usually do to make it their own. Take a song, paste a few custom lyrics on top, ta da!

WDW will carefully update the classic Illuminations. As they periodically make changes to shows based on guest feedback
    It's been 10 years. They don't do periodic jack :P Also applies to the Fantasmic issue.. no periodic changes alla Disneyland over the years, same show, same effects, some cut backs, until a major change is approved.

Now guest will be able to be *in* this most loved show as they are going to display a new photo memories mosaic unto the globe in the middle of the lagoon. With pictures of our guests in the world showcase countries shown in the matching geographic locations on the globe during the show.
    By and large people have said that the "photos" part of the Magic Memories and You is wholly unnecessary and the show on its own is great. Meanwhile by and large people have said that the globe section of Illuminations is too long and the weakest part of the show. Let's combine these 2 things!

Additionally guest often say they cannot see the globe due to smoke from the fireworks and this rework needs keep this demand in mind. So they are reworking how much pyro is used in the show to ensure clear views of the photopass memories displayed on the globe
    So prolong the part people don't like, and cut back on the number of pyro.. Awesome :P

Time for Armageddon Watch

Oh boy..... perhaps I mocked Disney to realistically? I have no idea of the validity of the OP, but my post was 100% tongue and cheek. Meant strictly for making fun of how Disney budget cuts.

• WDW will always be home.

Oh boy..... perhaps I mocked Disney to realistically? I have no idea of the validity of the OP, but my post was 100% tongue and cheek. Meant strictly for making fun of how Disney budget cuts.
    Wow... That may have been the most brilliant satire post ever. Because it was seriously 100% believable.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

It was so convincing. You almost gave me a Panic Attack, Seriously

• Shubisha

good one :P i bit. to your credit, or someone's at least, i thought you were quoting something not just writing your own thoughts and i was responding to that... which was sadly 100% believable given current affairs :P

If this info is true, specially a new parade, then what time frame are we looking at?

Based on the sudden celebrate a dream come true schedual change with doing two performances, that may very well be a indication that they are doing schedual testing for a new parade...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast