Talking What park is worth going more often?

So im planning on going on yet another trip in August knowing that my last trip which was this past weekend was amazing! I would like to thank all of you for all the help in planning and making this trip worth while, back on subject though. What park do you think is worth going a second time in such a short distance in time from my last trip to August. Epcot or Hollywood Studios? We decided to take MK and AK off the list so it will only be Epcot and Hollywood Studios to choose from. My dad likes thrills so he wants to go to Hollywood Studios but my mom just likes epcot. We dident see any of the shows at Hollywood Studios except for Fantasmic! but we dident see illuminations at epcot but i thought epcot was a bit boring after a while for some reason or another, dont know why maybe not enough thrill but I would not mind going again! I cant make up my mind!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: What park is worth going more often?

EPCOT Center is truly a beauty, and literally two wholly different parks in one. I mean, Innoventions is fun, hands-on stuff that can really eat up your time, and there's details all over the place. There's animals all through Sea Base Alpha (the Living Seas); there's a walking tour with separate admission through the Land pavilion, it's that huge.

And Hollywood, now that I go there regularly, has grown on me as a very special little park. The walk-around characters are a blast when you find them, Star Tours: The Adventure Continues has huge repeatability.

It's too bad you won't go back to Animal Kingdom., I recommend getting lost there whenever possible. There are tons of trails hidden throughout the exhibits. Really makes the park even more accessible.

Me? I tend to do EPCOT over and over again. That would be my recommendation. Whatever you decide? Take pictures and post them here! I'd love to see what you enjoyed!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

My knee-jerk response was Epcot until I read your entire post. It basically sounds like you and your dad over-rule your Mom two to one in favor of HS. It's hard to argue with those thrill rides. And if you didn't see Indiana Jones Stunt show, Light Motors Action, then you should go back

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Personally, I love getting lost at Animal Kingdom, I also love Animal watching, and I love all the shows.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Mickey Ear Biter

I know so many love EPCOT, but it was a mostly a disapointment to me (all the worlds were cute, but it was mainly shopping and most of the merchandise was nothing special...) However there were a lot of cool food places so that alone could be woth a trip depending on how you look at it (I can't sya I am a major foodie, I most certianly enjoy/appreciate various kinds of dining).

However, what does your Mom like about Epcot? Does it warrant a trip in your eyes?

Personally, I would choose HS, because like your Dad, I love the thrill rides (and those ones have some of the best designs). I don't know the shows going on right now, but I know I loved the car stunt show. You definitely missed out if you only saw Fantasmic.

The best way to choose is a list. What did you do/see at Epcot that you would like to again (and same for HS)? Then add what you did not get to see, but you wanted to. Whichever list is greater, then go with that. Say its Epcot, but despite the list, you are not happy with the decision. That means your heart says HS.

If the list is even, then at least either one you pick you will enjoy it as much as the other.
    Sometimes we cannot help, but be a little over dramatic...

Some other things to think about outside of your choices.

If you want thrills, go check out Universal Islands of Adventure or head over to Cedar Point.

If you want to get lost in your thoughts, like folks are talking about Animal Kingdom, go check out a National Park and hike some trails. We have some amazing National Parks.

In other words, explore outside of your comfort zone. It's really easy to keep returning to theme parks year after year and miss a lot of other things around you. Going back too soon feels like watching the same movie twice.

• Banned User

I personally could walk around Animal Kingdom and enjoy myself far more than being at Epcot. It's completely a matter of opinion.

you could get to MGM (yes i still call it that) early in the morning so that you can run over to rockin roller coaster and get a fastpass go on TOT then use your fastpass on rockin before heading over to star tours. after all that you park hop over to epcot to spend the rest of your day there.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Personally, I love getting lost at Animal Kingdom, I also love Animal watching, and I love all the shows.

I do love that too
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by thedude76 View Post
    If you want thrills, go check out Universal Islands of Adventure or head over to Cedar Point.
    Or come to Busch Gardens. We have some of the best coasters in Florida.

As for me, EPCOT is my favorite park at WDW (has been since my first visit in 1987) and I gravitate there more often than not. Sure there are no thrill rides, but even thrill-seekers like myself like to step back and just take it easy and just soak it all in. I enjoy the slower pace as it makes for a different experience.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Considering that DHS and Epcot are close distance to each other, I say why not both? You could get park hoppers and spend a good part of the day at DHS and then take a boat or walk over to Epcot for the later half of the day. Doing this, you will enter Epcot through the World Showcase so even if you're only going to Epcot for Illuminations, you'll be right in the area where the show is taking place.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I personally loved Epcot the atmosphere and all the rides were great (except for Imagination which even my mom agreed was pretty bad) but Illuminations was a disappointment to me since we get similar types of shows in my city each year. Really all it is is lights and fireworks for 15 minutes. DHS was great too but mostly for thrills and shows. Both don't really fill a day to be honest I was able to go through most of Epcot in half a day and same thing for DHS.

• Indiana Scott

EPCOT for me too. I would like nothing better than to go to EPCOT every night of our vacation to have dinner, a margarita and walk around just taking it all in.