• Banned User

Living Seas partly opened.

Well... The Living Seas at EPCOT is still under renovations but some of the main areas of the post show are opened for now. I took some photos around for your enjoyment. Still closed is the front door entrance, the former theaters and sea cabs ride area... The sign there says "Imagineers at Play" so...we wonder what't happening behind those doors... Hmmm
    In the meantime...this is what's there to do as of today dec 4th, 05.
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...a=31983699&f=0

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Living Seas partly opened.

awsome pics...

TLS looks great so far. I really like the doors with the waves and bubbles. I can't wait for the entire thing to be done.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I miss the sea cabs . . . will they be back after the renovation?

• Banned User

Remains to be seen...

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

We hope they'll be back, but it's not confirmed or anything.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Thank you for posting some photos! Finally some good clear shots, in multiple numbers.

• Rock The World

Thanks for the update, TDLFAN. The pics are very informative.
    On my first visit to EPCOT over ten years ago, The Living Seas immediately became my favourite pavilion - I've always been crazy about marine life, and spent years wanting to become a marine biologist. Seabase Alpha was like a little bit of Heaven to my young, starstruck eyes.
    I went back this year, for the first time in almost a decade, and was horrified at the state of the place. It was drab, neglected and the tanks seemed half empty. The fact that the seacabs were missing only made things worse.
    As a result, I can't say I'm a fan of the Nemofication that's been taking place, although I'm grateful for the new paint job.
    Then again, I don't think this rehab goes far enough. If they really wanted to turn it into a Nemo pavilion, I would rather they went all out, and made it REALLY cartoony. Maybe they could borrow a few hints from Mermaid Lagoon at DisneySea.
    I guess we'll have to await the return of the modified seacabs to find out how the whole place holds together.

• I was deleted.

I just went to the pavillion last night and I would agree with the new paint. It was nice to see. I noticed that from what from what I could tell the sign still hasn't even been touched.

Turtle Talk seemed like the main attraction to most guests who wondered around until the next show. I was one of the last guests to make it into the show, with standing room only. For me it was fine because I made my way up to the front and sat with the little kids on the floor. The adults that entered right before us were upset about it and wished the CM would of mentioned that it was standing room only and asked if they wanted to enter. There was this cute kid that Crush chose to talk to that said he knew who was his real voice. They did continue to talk with him and Crush played it off quite well and even spoke with his dad. My guess is dad is a CM? It was weird to me as to why they kept talking to a kid that was trying to ruin it for the rest of the audience, but go figure. The show was a lot like the one in DCA or vise versa although Crush's mouth movements seemed a little off.

I did walk around and see the rest of the area they had open, but it isn't all open like TDLFAN said. But the scuba group was still in there doing their little tour. Other than the Nemo play ground, Nemo store, and Finding Nemo friend character tanks guests didn't quite go anywhere else to seem to know there should be more.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    I miss the sea cabs . . . will they be back after the renovation?
    From what I've heard/read the sea cabs are coming back with a Nemo overlay. They have the old entrance shut off right now because I have "heard" they are extending the old track. I think that's great. The original concept of the ride (when it was being developed in the 70's/80's) was to have bubble vehicles take you on a journey thru the sea, then to disembark at Sea Base Alpha. Then as you know what opened was a film with a "short" ride. I think it's neat what they're doing with it!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I know the current entry/exit is temporary, but man, is it bad show. With no hydrolators to take you up or down, it's just like you come in off the street and there's a big fish tank.

And now the entire central floor of the pavilion is just a big ol' queue for Turtle Talk. I can't come up with any better way that they could have managed the line for this popular show. But it seems a shame that the center of the area is a mass of people waiting in a line.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I did walk around and see the rest of the area they had open, but it isn't all open like TDLFAN said.
    Hey! I didn't say it was "opened". I said it was "partly opened", didn't I?

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

yes you did