Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

TRONORAIL is no more!

As of yesterday Tronorail became Monorail Coral again... it is a sad day... Let us all mourn the Tronorail.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Re: TRONORAIL is no more!

it was the only good thing that came out of that movie lol

• Dave

Blog Entries

Too Bad I loved that movie and was hoping to see it as part of any new people mover project
    Dave

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I enjoyed the movie, and I enjoyed the Tronorail, but time to move on. I do hope they keep on putting new wraps on the Monorails, kind of makes it fun.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• WDW will always be home.

Personally I'm glad to see it gone. I really enjoyed TRON: Legacy (for what it was) and love TRON in general, but I feel about the monorails the same way I feel about the castle - it's beautiful as is. Please don't crap it up with a bunch of overlays (especially an overlay promoting a film that was released in December... and says "2010" right on the monorail).

I really like the minimalist/clean/modern aesthetic that the monorails were built with (and also MK's original Tomorrowland was built with). To me, that's part of the futuristic charm that WDW (and the monorail specifically) was supposed to exude. It's sad how we lost so much of that with the cluttered/chaotic/now-very-dated aesthetic that transformed so much of the resort in the early '90s.

To be fair, I don't think aesthetics should never be updated; just think about it when you do it. If you can't make it timeless, at least commit to updating it when necessary. The purple/green/yellow aesthetic that covers so much of the resort right now is more "frozen in time" and dated than what was there before.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Am I the only one who hated the decals obstructing the view out the window? You swoop through Epcot, but can't see a danged thing. I HATED it. Glad to hear it's gone

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, and I enjoyed the Tronorail, but time to move on. I do hope they keep on putting new wraps on the Monorails, kind of makes it fun.
    This.

• Shubisha

It lasted way too long and I'd bet it's thanks to WDW's habit of a) we invested in it we have to get our use from it and/or b) we installed it and don't want to allocate the budget to remove it =P

I hate to be so cynical about them all the time but jesus, March 2010 until July 2011 for what amounts to a moving movie billboard?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Good riddance. I thought it was an awful idea that just sets a bad precedent.

My dad was thoroughly amused when I told him that the online disney community had dubbed it the "Tronorail" and would shout it's name when it would approach. Personally, I hated to see my beloved monorail made into a spectacle. The Tronorail is to me what the castle/birthday cake makeover is to others. Bleghhh.

Personally I didn't like it...I thought the whole thing was kinda tacky actually
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Imagination is the Start

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    My dad was thoroughly amused when I told him that the online disney community had dubbed it the "Tronorail" and would shout it's name when it would approach.
    I've heard MANY a CM call it that way before I saw it on the web, but maybe theyre all on these sites tooo

Imagination is just the start

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    Am I the only one who hated the decals obstructing the view out the window? You swoop through Epcot, but can't see a danged thing. I HATED it. Glad to hear it's gone
    I liked it (though it stayed too long), but I have to agree with this. Since the balloons I hate how difficult it's been to look out the monorail windows!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I suppose it's too late to have one of them wrapped to look like Lightening McQueen?

• Volleyball Dad

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    This.
    absolutely agree with this
    " Disney Parks- far from perfect- but still a great shelter from the storm "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast