Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face Animal kingdom = low crowds/empty?

So from what ive read all over the net and also from what many people have told me Animal Kingdom is the park that is not so good. I heard that people dont go to that park that much. So with all of this semi-negative results im guessing the park can at points be a ghost town! Meaning all the rides to yourself! On my line app it says that waits only reach maybe 15 to the most on very busy days 30 minutes during the summer! Has anybody gone and seen these very, very, very low crowd levels so much that it seems like the park is to yourself?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Animal kingdom = low crowds/empty?

While I don't agree the park is not that good, because it is a Disney Park, and because most people buy park hopping tickets and the low attraction count in general, I have never witnessed this place as a ghost town. In fact, at times it feels quite congested.

Animal Kingdom is a beautiful park that deserves a better reputation. It's wonderful and a great place to savor and explore, as opposed to rushing from attraction to attraction. Add a few more attractions and animal exhibits, fix the Yeti, and do something about Dinorama and the place could possibly be high on everyone's list.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Imagination is the Start

During the off season it isnt EXACTLY a ghost town, but it is significantly lower population then the other parks, even though they arent bad at all either. Actually you find A lot of people going to AK make it a park hopping day. Though many, like myself, dont enjoy the safaris and all the shows it has. People tend to try to get out of there before 3, and it really isnt that hard to do, even on a busy day. Lets just say out of all the Disney parks this is BY FAR the weakest parade.

Imagination is just the start

• Banned User

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park at WDW. The paths are realistically narrow (perhaps too much so) so it's difficult to gauge crowds. While the pathways may be populated, lines may be low.

•   
    • Minion

This is my favorite park in WDW. The level of detail is great and I love looking at the animals. All it needs is a couple more attractions.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Add a few more attractions and animal exhibits, fix the Yeti, and do something about Dinorama and the place could possibly be high on everyone's list.
    I still refuse to set foot in that park because I found out my BF took his ex there. Does not sit well with me knowing that. So I'll stick with Busch Gardens. Their animal encounters are better compared to what I've seen of AK's exhibits. You can get MUCH closer to the animals.

• Shubisha

Disney Hollywood Studios is the "bad" park at the moment. But it's still always crowded because there's very little to do there and everyone crams into the park to see Fantasmic and ride Toy Story Mania.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I still refuse to set foot in that park because I found out my BF took his ex there. Does not sit well with me knowing that. So I'll stick with Busch Gardens. Their animal encounters are better compared to what I've seen of AK's exhibits. You can get MUCH closer to the animals.
    Your boyfriend took his ex to Animal Kingdom so you wont go into the park? xD am I reading that right?

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Disney Hollywood Studios is the "bad" park at the moment. But it's still always crowded because there's very little to do there and everyone crams into the park to see Fantasmic and ride Toy Story Mania.
    ummm....Don't understand where you think of HS as the 'bad' park. One of the better parades, TSM, ST2, RRC, ToT, AIE, Animation Place is great, Fantasmic, and one of my favorites L,M,A.

RRC, ToT, ST2 are definitely rides to ride over and over. It's also one of the busiest parks as of late.

DHS and MK are the only 2 parks i can visit over and over and make a full day out of.

Epcot and DAK are lacking. Especially IMO Epcot. Both of the parks need updates.

DAK is lacking as well though mostly for the fact that the 3 main attractions are Dinosaur which breaks down at the LEAST once a day if it opens at all. Everest which still has Disco yeti, needs fixing, and the safari that a lot of people really dont have an interest in, thus they skip the park all together. They do have FotLK and Nemo but thats a long shot from making DAK popular.

---------- Post added 07-18-2011 at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Im trying to understand this too. Why is this so traumatizing that you can't go in the park. We're they like engaged or something then i would kinda understand a little more

Animal Kingdom is a lovely looking park, and that's it's biggest saving grace. Lots of trees, and that large body of water. Along with animals. So if looked at as a zoo, the Animal Kingdom is quite a good zoo. As a Disney park, it is lacking in attractions with only 4 big ones (Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Kilamanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids), and it closes early. But it's a Disney zoo, and as that, it's a success.

With that said, it's my least favorite of the Disneyworld parks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Animal Kingdom is my favorite stateside Disney Theme Park. My only complaint is they need to expand. Other than that- it's practically perfect in every way!

• Banned User

AK is a good park, and I always make it part of my WDW vacation. For some people, it's a "half-day park" because they are only interested in the major attractions, not the animal exhibits. While I enjoy the whole park, I would agree that it is somewhat underdeveloped. Imagineers had a plan for a land within AK called Beastly Kingdom, but, sadly, that was shelved because Disney cheaped out on us. It would have been very expensive to build. It also would have been amazing, if we can judge from the concept art. But Disney prefered to save the money for overpaying to buy up rivals who have stolen their thunder.

If they ever did build Beastly Kingdom, that would be serious competition for Potter. Just sayin'.

Ok, DAK is not empty. It is in fact busier then DHS. All of its major attractions are people eaters. Dinosaur, Kali, EE, KS all enjoy hi hourly capacity.

In regard to the parade comments, Studios USE to have one of he better parades when it was Block Party, now its a little more then a quick march of Pixar characters.

I would actually rate Jamming in the Jungle higher then DHS Pixar Pals countdown to fun, and MK's Celebrate a Dream come true. Is it a great parade.... no. But its longer and more fun then either of the super down sized options at MK and DHS.

Animal Kingdom is doing just fine. It it far from a ghost town.

• Shubisha

I put "bad" in quotes because the OP was basically trying to state which of the 4 parks is the "bad" one. We can get into all the other adjectives you'd like me to use instead "less good", "leaves magic to be desired", "A-", but it's taken a critical beating. We can debate the value of the attractions and shows but I'm just gonna drop the subject of the CTF parade right now because that's just gonna get me ranting =P

Yea ill definitely say there original Block party parade WAS A LOT BETTER, but idk i guess i still find it fun. I only have seen the animal kingdom one once and just didn't enjoy it. I guess that has to do with opinions but can you expand on this beastly kingdom, IDK y this is the first i'm hearing about this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast