• Mr Test Track

Question Monsters Inc Roller Coaster

I've heard this rumor for several years and I heard that it got a green light to get built. I am pretty sure they green lit it 3 years ago so I just wanna know if they are acctualy going to built that ride in Pixar Place because it was a great idea!
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Monsters Inc Roller Coaster

This has been on and off the table for a while. Every time there seems to be a green light, it gets put on hold again.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

I think it will come back on the table after the fantasyland expansion. DHS needs a few more rides IMO.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I know lots of people have been clamboring for this ever since seeing the coaster-esque scene in the movie, but I have to wonder if making a big thrill ride based on a movie that has so much kid-appeal is a good idea. Kind of like how some people are complaining that the Harry Potter dark ride is great, but too intense for a lot of the target audience.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    I know lots of people have been clamboring for this ever since seeing the coaster-esque scene in the movie, but I have to wonder if making a big thrill ride based on a movie that has so much kid-appeal is a good idea. Kind of like how some people are complaining that the Harry Potter dark ride is great, but too intense for a lot of the target audience.
    well I don't really have a problem with Harry Potter as much as the target audience is mainly around the generation that grew up with that series from the first movie which is currently from say 25-14. So yes they are playing directly to the target audience of that series.

As for the Monsters Inc coaster, no it has never received an official green light but the project itself has been considered and mocked up in part scale ever since plans for Pixar place were made.

• Banned User

Monsters Inc. has broad appeal. Personally, I would prefer a clone of Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek (which is at Tokyo Disney).

• Pilot EdForceOne

bleh.. Ride and Go Seek gets a lot of it's praise because it's compared to the reskinned superstar limo in DCA. It's a heavy AA ride for what equates to a simple cute dark ride.

I think DHS could really benefit from a 'barnstormer' level of attraction in terms of accessible to the <12 crowd but not kid exclusive.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    bleh.. Ride and Go Seek gets a lot of it's praise because it's compared to the reskinned superstar limo in DCA. It's a heavy AA ride for what equates to a simple cute dark ride.

I think DHS could really benefit from a 'barnstormer' level of attraction in terms of accessible to the <12 crowd but not kid exclusive.
    If the thrill factor was at that level, but the artistry at a much higher level, I'd be down with that.

---------- Post added 07-19-2011 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    well I don't really have a problem with Harry Potter as much as the target audience is mainly around the generation that grew up with that series from the first movie which is currently from say 25-14. So yes they are playing directly to the target audience of that series.

As for the Monsters Inc coaster, no it has never received an official green light but the project itself has been considered and mocked up in part scale ever since plans for Pixar place were made.
    Harry Potter continues to attract young fans all the time, and will need to for the land to be an oingoing success. Also, it has much older fans too. I know a woman who is a huge Potter fan who tried to go on the ride recently and had to shut her eyes about 5 seconds in. Seems too bad to me that so many book and movie fans can't take the ride (not to mention relatively stringent girth limits).