Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sky
    Posts
    244

    The Beast's Castle

    The Beast's castle in the new fantasyland. every time i look at it i ask myself, is it really done? it just looks.... unfinished. this has been bothering me for a while. anyone know anything?

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    it isn't done yet, still a lot of finishing details to do, but it is going to look super small, and not far away like they intended.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,944

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    I think from the Cinderella's Castle it will look far away but the perspective will be hard to hold up close IMO. I think it will look great though!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    I think from the Cinderella's Castle it will look far away but the perspective will be hard to hold up close IMO. I think it will look great though!
    I was at the park this past weekend, and it looks small (like miniature golf model small) from wherever you see it.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  5. #5

    • Honorary Jungle Skipper
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Aside from the scale issue, it just looks like there are some pieces missing to me too. It's an odd design.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    700

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I was at the park this past weekend, and it looks small (like miniature golf model small) from wherever you see it.
    yikes!

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    I've been watching updates on OPN and I agree details still need to be added to the castle itself but the rock work still isn't done either. The more that rock work builds up, the better the effect of the castle's size will be. That's the whole key to this effect if you dont have enough detailed stuff in the foreground to skew your perspective then of course its going to look small

  8. #8

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I've been watching updates on OPN and I agree details still need to be added to the castle itself but the rock work still isn't done either. The more that rock work builds up, the better the effect of the castle's size will be. That's the whole key to this effect if you dont have enough detailed stuff in the foreground to skew your perspective then of course its going to look small
    Wait until you see it in person. It isn't going to matter about the foreground because there isn't enough space in the foreground to create the perspective needed to make it believable.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Wait until you see it in person. It isn't going to matter about the foreground because there isn't enough space in the foreground to create the perspective needed to make it believable.
    I really hope your wrong this time Eric I was really looking forward to this more then anything.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,428

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    ORWEN: Well, has anybody seen what they're doing with Price Eric's castle, too? It's looking smaller than it should and doesn't have as many towers as the one in the movie did. I smell budget cuts at work there. I don't think it's gonna even be as big as Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland, after they finish building it. I have a picture of Prince Eric's castle the way it looks in the animated movie and I'm seeing left out details, so far.

    ORDDU: I have to agree that Beast's Castle also appears to be incomplete, when comparing it with pictures from the film. Perhaps they will add more towers to it later.

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,944

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I was at the park this past weekend, and it looks small (like miniature golf model small) from wherever you see it.
    Thats really unfortunate!
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sky
    Posts
    244

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    i just dont understand why these things arent like quadruple checked.... its sad.

  13. #13

    • Nutty about Disney parks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Pics anyone?

    Until I see the final product I don't really have a say in this. Much of the concept art suggests that there will be more in the foreground to produce forced perspective. They did a good job with Hogwarts. I dunno how this will stand up to that.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

  14. #14

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Pics anyone?

    Until I see the final product I don't really have a say in this. Much of the concept art suggests that there will be more in the foreground to produce forced perspective. They did a good job with Hogwarts. I dunno how this will stand up to that.
    I will try to get photos tomorrow
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by


  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sky
    Posts
    244

    Re: The Beast's Castle

    Name:  IMG_1465.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  64.8 KB

    *image from the 7/18 orlando park hopper



    see thats the part that annoys me the most is the like bottom of the turrets and the paint of the whole thing. the whole thing looks like it has just been weathered for like 30 years

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Beauty and the Beast Castle in FL now visible
    By flynnibus in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 08:03 AM
  2. [Pictures] Fantasyland Expansion: Awesome Beauty amd the Beast Castle Under Construction
    By Ride Warrior in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 09:14 AM
  3. Should the castle be a Beauty and the Beast Castle?
    By dogtherock in forum Shanghai Disneyland
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
  4. Does the castle in "Beauty and the Beast" have an actual name?
    By B-Dex in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
  5. "Beauty And The Beast" Castle...
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •